Windows 10: Enabling a slot from Bios in Windows 10.

Discus and support Enabling a slot from Bios in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have installed a PCIe card in a small express slot. I need to have firewire access to download Mini DV's. The computer is ignoring the new card. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NigelRickard2, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Enabling a slot from Bios in Windows 10.

I have installed a PCIe card in a small express slot. I need to have firewire access to download Mini DV's. The computer is ignoring the new card. I assume the slot needs to be enanbled. I believe you get to Bios from Update and security, recovery, but I get so far and am unsure of which choices to make to get further. I have done this sort of thing years ago but then you pressed F2 during start up, which seemed simpler. Can anyone help. The computer is a Lenovo desktop.

:)

NigelRickard2, Feb 20, 2019
  2. DoItJust Win User

DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Page 1-23 in the manual;

1. (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

DoItJust, Feb 20, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Enabling a slot from Bios in Windows 10.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Enabling a slot from Bios in Windows 10.

1. Enabling a slot from Bios in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Enabling slot Bios

2. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10: I'm trying to install WSL but I keep getting the same error.Here are some photos of my settings:https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1TLZoWW64rTMXHa7I don't have any 3rd party anti-virus I used toI have VMware verison 16 installed.Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10: I'm trying to install WSL but I keep getting the same error.Here are some photos of my settings:https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1TLZoWW64rTMXHa7I don't have any 3rd party anti-virus I used toI have VMware verison 16 installed.Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Enable TPM on BIOS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable TPM on BIOS: Do I need to clean install Windows 10 after I enable TPM on BIOS? 182028
  6. Enable TPM on BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable TPM on BIOS: Do I need to clean install Windows 10 after I enable TPM on BIOS? 182028
  7. Windows is not booting after enabling the SVM feature from bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is not booting after enabling the SVM feature from bios: I have an Asus tuf fx505dt laptop with Ryson 5 processor and when I am enabling the SVM option from the bios Windows is not booting and showing a blank screen. I am trying to install the android emulator and this error is showing up, please help me with that....
  8. Virtualization enabled in BIOS but not in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtualization enabled in BIOS but not in Windows 10 ?: Hello Im trying to use Nox player emulator, but its very slow because the Virtualization off, I enabled it on Bios, and I disabled Hyper-V, but when I check in the Task Manger (in Performance) I found it is disabled ! Any help ! 135799
  9. Enable virtualization in bios :/

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Enable virtualization in bios :/: Used this tool, Download Microsoft® Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center No go VMware said the same thing boo-hoo anyone have instruction to enable in bios ? Spec's are added, Cheers. 2935
  10. Windows 10 and BIOS does not detect one RAM slot anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and BIOS does not detect one RAM slot anymore: Hi there. I've been working with my laptop for a couple of years. It was manufactured with 6GB of RAM, one 4GB placed in slot #1 and another 2GB placed in slot #2. I was actually working fine with it, but suddenly i figured a big performance problem in my laptop, after two...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable pci slot with w10