Windows 10: Enabling Auto Play in WIN10 on an ACER laptop

Discus and support Enabling Auto Play in WIN10 on an ACER laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My CD/DVD on my new ACER laptop with WIN10 will not auto play. I've turned on auto play in both Divice and Control Panel without result. Essential,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by npscott1, Aug 10, 2019.

1. npscott1 Win User

Enabling Auto Play in WIN10 on an ACER laptop

My CD/DVD on my new ACER laptop with WIN10 will not auto play. I've turned on auto play in both Divice and Control Panel without result. Essential, because I paid $300 for a Rosetta Stone language course, and now can't use it. I'm 79 and prize my time because every passing day, there's less of it. It's been three months now I've been looking for a solution.
    After research, I came across a HowToGeek article saying auto play may be disabled in gpedit.mcv. How to Enable, Disable, and Customize AutoPlay in Windows 10
    I thought if that were the case, I could re-enable it.
    But, Win10 said gpedit.mcv is not available. More searching and I found a way to add gpedit.mcv, except the command prompt says I need an advanced command prompt.
    The author of adding the gpedit.mcv said davehc had found the way to add it, had written the code, and the user could have it by clicking on "download here" but I couldn't locate the link. Add GPEDIT.msc by Drudger on DeviantArt
    I'm not computer savvy.
    So, I'm turning to you. Can you help?

:)

npscott1, Aug 10, 2019

2. w10 auto play dead

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn on auto play for DVD and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “auto play”.
    • Under the tab “choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device” check the box “Use auto play for all media and devices”.
    • Then under the option DVD you can select the appropriate option and check if it helps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 10, 2019
  3. TAU
    Tau Win User
    Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Enabling Auto Play in WIN10 on an ACER laptop - Similar Threads - Enabling Auto Play

2. acer laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    acer laptop: acer laptop put in safe mold now cant get back in no password ana no pin how can i get in to get out of safe mold https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-laptop/40c27b3c-4d19-4c9a-bf56-0d57e689ed99
  3. auto play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto play: I am trying to stop the photo app from opening when I download an image. I have turned auto play off, have set defaults to tkae no action, and have restored default settings for auto play. App still opens every time??...
  4. auto play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto play: I am trying to stop the photo app from opening when I download an image. I have turned auto play off, have set defaults to tkae no action, and have restored default settings for auto play. App still opens every time??...
  5. Acer Win10 laptop will not boot code 0x000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer Win10 laptop will not boot code 0x000021a: My laptop has been sitting unused for awhile and now that i need it, it will not boot up. It starts the boot and then gives me the blue screen and the 0x000021a code. Startup Repair does not work. I attempted to use System Restore, but neither available Restore Point works....
  6. Auto Rotate Stopped Working - Acer Spin Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto Rotate Stopped Working - Acer Spin Laptop: I had this problem last year and none of the recommendations about changes to the registry helped. It was fixed somehow in the next Windows Update. Now it is happening again after another Windows Update. The Rotation Lock is grayed out. What are they doing that is causing...
  7. auto play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto play: How do I get auto play to work. It's turned on but when I try to play a video on my BD E it won't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-play/04c64a44-226c-4b5f-b3bf-13319f8ca64b
  8. Enabling Auto Play in WIN10

in Windows 10 Support
    Enabling Auto Play in WIN10: My CD/DVD on my new ACER laptop with WIN10 will not auto play. I've turned on auto play in both Divice and Control Panel without result. Essential, because I paid $300 for a Rosetta Stone language course, and now can't use it. I'm 79 and prize my time because every passing...
  9. acer laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    acer laptop: my acer will not get past a blue screen that says reset this pc what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/acer-laptop/bb4d505f-58f6-4de7-8364-67ba64b8d85a
  10. Why won't Win10 actually auto play disks?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why won't Win10 actually auto play disks?: I don't mean "why isn't autoplay activated" because it is activated. Nor do I mean "why doesn't autoplay pop a box asking me what to do" because that is not what I want. What I want is the same old functionality that has been in Windows since at least Win95 but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer lapqtop autoplay