Windows 10: Enabling Bitlocker on an Entire Domain

Discus and support Enabling Bitlocker on an Entire Domain in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My team and I, are currently looking into enabling Bitlocker on 500+ computers. Doing this manually would be a grievous task as we are international.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dustin Knowlton, May 26, 2020.

1. Enabling Bitlocker on an Entire Domain

My team and I, are currently looking into enabling Bitlocker on 500+ computers. Doing this manually would be a grievous task as we are international. All of our desired computers are under a domain and are able to be controlled by group policy. Though, Bitlocker GPO does not kick in until it is enabled. We had hoped simply adjusting settings in the GPO would trigger the enabling of Bitlocker. All PC's are Windows 10 Pro.

Is there any sort of process we can take to mass enable Bitlocker?

:)

Dustin Knowlton, May 26, 2020
  2. shammas90 Win User

can't login with domain account when bitlocker enabled

Hi,

I have laptop on domain network, when I enable BitLocker I noticed that I can't log in using my domain account unless it is plugged to the network, something with domain caching, we want to have BitLocker enabled and at the same time working remotely is
    a must, anyone know what the solution for that or what need to be done ?

Regards,

shammas90, May 26, 2020
  3. srie Win User
    How to enable bitlocker on domain systems?

I want all the laptops that are joined to the domain to start bitlocker encryption immediately. How to enable this ?

Can this be done with Group Policy management console.

We have both TPM enabled and non-TPM laptops in our environment.

Regards,

Srikanthan

4. EducIT Win User

Enabling Bitlocker on an Entire Domain

BitLocker automatically enabled when computer gets added to the domain?

I talked to my boss about this issue, and he claims there is no domain group policy in place to automatically enable BitLocker when computers get added to the domain. Is there any way this could just be a security feature in Windows 10 that any computer
    added to any domain gets BitLocker encrypted by default, or is that not a thing that happens in Windows 10? I feel like it has to be a group policy. Are there any other ways BitLocker could get automatically enabled?

EducIT, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Enabling Bitlocker on an Entire Domain

1. Enabling Bitlocker on an Entire Domain - Similar Threads - Enabling Bitlocker Entire

2. Unable to enable BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to enable BitLocker: While enabling bitlocker getting error, screenshot attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-bitlocker/1664feef-f130-43b1-833f-d19c3d4b99b4
  3. Bitlocker Randomly Enabled

Bitlocker Randomly Enabled: Hi,On my personal Lenovo laptop, Bitlocker somehow randomly was enabled. I have not enabled it, and I followed the recovery steps without luck. It seems that it was enabled during an update. I logged into my Microsoft account, see that the laptop is listed, but there is no...
  4. Is it possible to authorise an entire Domain for a child's account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to authorise an entire Domain for a child's account?: Having a problem with child control on the MS account, Windows 10 and Edge browser. If I authorize a site e.g. mathletics.com, the controls don't recognize the pages within that domain. The result is that every time my child tries to navigate within Mathletics.com, the...
  5. Cannot enable BitLocker

Cannot enable BitLocker: Hi all, I need help with drive encryption. The BitLocker keeps giving me an error with a message "The startup options on this PC are configured incorrectly. Contact your system administrator for more information". [ATTACH] I have attempted everything I could on my...
  6. BitLocker automatically enabled when computer gets added to the domain?

BitLocker automatically enabled when computer gets added to the domain?: I talked to my boss about this issue, and he claims there is no domain group policy in place to automatically enable BitLocker when computers get added to the domain. Is there any way this could just be a security feature in Windows 10 that any computer added to any domain...
  7. Bitlocker Not Enabling

Bitlocker Not Enabling: I just started up Bitlocker, and completed most of the process, but the program ever got around to encrypting. I assume this is due to system administrator lock-out, but I've confirmed I have sys admin privileges. This is a brand-new computer without a network. Attached is...
  8. Enabling BitLocker

Enabling BitLocker: On my personal laptop, I'm trying to turn on BitLocker and I get this notice. Does anyone know and have any detailed instructions on how I can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/enabling-bitlocker/5ff617a2-e9da-44ea-827f-131e28056882"
  9. BitLocker encrypting Used or Entire space?

BitLocker encrypting Used or Entire space?: I usually been reinstalling Win10 to get rid of the so called "clutter" on my system to make it more fresh and such. Regarding BitLocker, I always select to encrypt the entire drive as opposed to encrypting used spaced only. The entire drive option takes literally 9 hours...
  10. Enabling Bitlocker with GPO

Enabling Bitlocker with GPO: Once the GPO for BitLocker's settings have been configured and assigned do I still need to manually enable Bitlocker on the specific device or should the GPO kick off the process automatically? 95742