Windows 10: Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

Discus and support Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BlahBlahRudra, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all overclocks and even set power limits back to intel defined stock- Tried enabling driver verifier for only 1 driver at a time- System stability tests work fine memtest for 12 hrs, prime94 for 6 hours on smallI'm trying WinDbg to debug from the minidump but honestly I'm a bit lost. Here's the minidump if anyone can help that wou

:)

BlahBlahRudra, Mar 19, 2024
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

bsod loop device verifier ionmanager violation

Hi Tom,

To better assist you, provide the answers to the following questions:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What is the complete error message that you're seeing on the screen?

For the meantime, we suggest checking the answers on the following threads below which we found similar and helpful in resolving the issue:

Windows 10 Driver Verifier BSOD loop.. how to get out of it?

Windows 10 stuck in bsod reboot loop

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Mar 19, 2024
  3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD hidclass.syss with verifier enabled

Hi DocSams,

Could you upload the memory dump, C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp, to onedrive and post a share link. The minidumps provided severely lack in data.

If you haven't yet, please disable driver verifier.
    Resetting driver verifier options (recommended in this order)
    1. In normal mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    2. In safe mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    3. On 3 boot failures, you'll boot automatically to the recovery options,
      • click Troubleshoot
      • go to the advanced options
      • choose command prompt
      • enter the below command
    4. Boot with the recovery media, see above 4 steps in option 3.
    5. Via the recovery options or recovery media, select a restore point prior enabling driver verifier
    Code:

4. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

BSOD Windows 10 - Driver Verifier causing windows to boot loop and carnt get BSOD to find driver at fault. need help!

Hi,

my system is 8 months old

I7-7700k

Fractal Celsius S36 AIO

16gb Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4-2400

Asus strix Z270f gaming

EVGA G2 650W

Samsung evo 500GB SSD (OS drive)

SK Hynix 250GB SSD (steam drive)

Asus Strix GTX1070 GPU

Windows 10 pro

In the past 2 weeks I have been having a lot of BSOD stop codes errors

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Causes;

hal.dll

ntoskernal.exe

ntoskrnl.exe

I have tried the following so far;

• sfc /scannow - completed with no issues
    • memtest86 - overnight run with no errors
    • windows memory diagnostics - passed with no errors
    • updated all drivers
    • chkdsk - no errors
    • windows defender - no errors
    • malwarebytes - no problems detected
    • Fresh install of windows 10 pro
    here is where I'm getting stuck,

I set the driver verifier as instructed here
    Driver verifier link
    . I then restart my computer and get a boot loop where it starts to load windows for like 2 seconds and then reboots. after 3 times I can get to safe mode and cmd verifier /reset. followed by a restart and then can boot back into windows
    as normal.

I then check my minidumps folder and no dump has been captured.

how can I find out the cause of my BSOD's when I can not run driver verifier to fine to route cause driver?

Chris_Neale, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

1. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop - Similar Threads - Enabling driver verifier

2. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  3. Driver Verifier Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver Verifier Boot Loop: I'm running Windows 10. I was having occasional issues with dwm crashing, so I turned on Driver Validation. Now I get a blue screen during boot for "DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION". I can't reach safe mode to disable the verifier. I boot off a USB Windows 10 install and...
  4. Driver Verifier Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier Boot Loop: I'm running Windows 10. I was having occasional issues with dwm crashing, so I turned on Driver Validation. Now I get a blue screen during boot for "DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION". I can't reach safe mode to disable the verifier. I boot off a USB Windows 10 install and...
  5. Driver Verifier Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Bsod error after enabling driver verifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod error after enabling driver verifier: Here are the dump files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m2Bjz5Lvnbb9v2TSoxrb9BmoiqkWYqKA/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-error-after-enabling-driver-verifier/38a66c62-3b90-425c-981f-477685ea7e3d
  7. Bsod error after enabling driver verifier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod error after enabling driver verifier: Here are the dump files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m2Bjz5Lvnbb9v2TSoxrb9BmoiqkWYqKA/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-error-after-enabling-driver-verifier/38a66c62-3b90-425c-981f-477685ea7e3d
  8. Driver verifier caused a blue screen of death loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver verifier caused a blue screen of death loop: Today morning I was trying to use pc , as I had online classes I needed to attend, the pc kept freezing and after following a few steps over the internet I get this message about a memory error, I follow further instructions to fix this error and end up in driver verifier, I...
  9. stuck in Driver Verifier BSOD Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stuck in Driver Verifier BSOD Loop: Thanks to some fantastic advice from a user here I am currently stuck in a BSOD loop after running Driver Verifier Cannot reach log in screen system restore is failing System image recovery has no image saved (whoops) All other troubleshoot options either failing or...
  10. Driver verifier boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver verifier boot loop: ~4 month old Dell Precision 7720 with a 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Came from the factory with the OS installed on the HDD so I moved it over. Next update basically bricked the machine and the SSD had to be reformatted and Windows 10 reinstalled. I started getting IRQL NOT LESS OR...