Windows 10: Enabling Family Safety with only Activity Monitoring blocks Google Chrome completely

Discus and support Enabling Family Safety with only Activity Monitoring blocks Google Chrome completely in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello -- Please help! Google Chrome is now broken on Win10 after enabling Family Safety. We used Family Safety to create a Family Group on a new... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BK3MS, Feb 21, 2021.

1. BK3MS Win User

Enabling Family Safety with only Activity Monitoring blocks Google Chrome completely

Hello -- Please help! Google Chrome is now broken on Win10 after enabling Family Safety.

We used Family Safety to create a Family Group on a new Win10 laptop.

We added a group member account for our child using a separate email address for the child account.

We did NOT set any content restrictions for Web Browsing.

We did NOT block the Chrome app.

We did NOT set any time limit on the Chrome app.

We only enabled Activity Monitoring.

With only this simple config of Family Safety and just Activity Monitoring the Google Chrome browser fails to load. I can see a Chrome process loaded when I look in the Task Manager process list. But the Chrome app never displays. I have now removed the child account from the Family Group. I also confirmed that Win10 update is 'Up to Date' as of today. Then I did a full shutdown and reboot of the PC. After restarting the PC and login to the child account with NO Family Safety, the Google Chrome browser is still not loading. The Chrome version is also a very recent update version: 88.0.4324.182.

We need to know how to fix this. Is there a known problem with compatibility between Chrome and MS Family Safety? The Chrome browser is required for our child to attend his classes and do school work. Especially because all class work is done using the Google Chrome app family Docs, Files, etc.

:)

BK3MS, Feb 21, 2021
  2. SKH123 Win User

Family Safety Not Blocking Websites on Google Chrome

Family safety has suddenly stopped blocking any website on the blocked list when using Google Chrome. It still blocks them on Microsoft Edge but Edge additionally blocks Google websites such as Gmail and Google Docs even though they are on the allowed list.

I have tried removing and adding back the account but it did not help. Any advice on fixing this issue will be much appreciated.

SKH123, Feb 21, 2021
  3. MarkG_OKC Win User
    Google account login not working with Microsoft Family Safety enabled.

Thank you for your reply.

To quickly sum this up, no matter what is or is not in the "allow" or "blocked" lists, Google account login will not work as long as Microsoft Family Safety (MSFS) is active on my children's accounts.

Thank you for your efforts but I have abandoned the MSFS platform in it's entirety for a viable 3rd party parental control software suite. The biggest reason for my decision is because the MSFS platform no longer monitors/filters Google Chrome web browser
    activities.

Regards

MarkG_OKC, Feb 21, 2021
  4. MarkG_OKC Win User

Enabling Family Safety with only Activity Monitoring blocks Google Chrome completely

Google account login not working with Microsoft Family Safety enabled.

-Did you try a different web browser to login to Google and check?

YES, I've tried Google Chrome and everything works fine with it. Only the Microsoft browsers have the issue with Family Saftey.

-Does the Google website reflects under the block this websites in family safety?

As I stated in the original post, "There are no site restrictions in place and placing Google in the allow list has no effect."

-Have you tried to remove and add accounts in the family safety? I have uninstalled/removed and reinstalled/reactivated all accounts under Family Saftey with the same end result.

Also, the Family Safety website does not log any web activity.

MarkG_OKC, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Enabling Family Safety with only Activity Monitoring blocks Google Chrome completely - Similar Threads - Enabling Family Safety

2. family features blocking google chrome!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  3. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  4. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to block Google Chrome Browser in MS Family: I've searched, I've read, I've even googled it, but I can NOT figure out for the life of me how to ADD google chrome to the blocked app list in MS Family. In fact I see no option on how to ADD any program there. I've seen other people ask this question, and it never EVER gets...
  6. My google chrome is blocked by microsoft family.

My google chrome is blocked by microsoft family.: Hello, Microsoft i cant unlock the google chrome family is maded by my phone and in my pc i get locked.Some times it unlocks somehow.Can you help me Microsoft?...
  7. Google Chrome is blocked because of Family Safety and there's nothing I can do.

Google Chrome is blocked because of Family Safety and there's nothing I can do.: I made a "Family" a long time ago by linking two of my accounts , this was necessary at the time because of an Xbox issue I was facing. Today, I logged in with the child account and was blocked from using Google Chrome. So I went to my parent account, unblocked Chrome,...
  8. Google Chrome unblocks itself on family safety

Google Chrome unblocks itself on family safety: We use Family Safety to limit our son's screen time. It works pretty well for most apps, but for a few weeks, he will send a request to use chrome and when I log in to grant it, there is a message that Chrome has been approved for 3 hours. Never less, always the maximum. I...
  9. Family safety doesn't monitor MineCraft, Google Chrome on one of my coumputers

Family safety doesn't monitor MineCraft, Google Chrome on one of my coumputers: Dear Sir/Madam, I installed several apps on two computers. But some of them, such as MineCraft and Google Chrome, are not shown installed in Family safety on the computer that bought from ASUS. Kids could use them any time....
  10. Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome

Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome: Here's some background: Years ago my family got an xbox one, my dad made the parent account and me and my brother made our own child accounts to go as a family. A few years later I try to change my Microsoft account email to a new one which just has a few numbers at the...