Windows 10: Enabling Fastboot causes Explorer to malfunction

Discus and support Enabling Fastboot causes Explorer to malfunction in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I legitimately cannot solve this myself and I require further assistance on this matter. If I enable the setting "Fastboot" as seen here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hydrate, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Hydrate Win User

Enabling Fastboot causes Explorer to malfunction

Hello!

I legitimately cannot solve this myself and I require further assistance on this matter.

If I enable the setting "Fastboot" as seen here (currently disabled):

Enabling Fastboot causes Explorer to malfunction [​IMG]

My entire explorer interface experiences the following issues, these occur directly after hibernation is enabled along with fast-boot:

• Unable to access F4 + Alt Shutdown Windows Menu, shutdown, sleep and restart are clickable yet does nothing as the menu normally disappears
    • Unable to initiate a shutdown/sleep or restart from this menu
    • Unable to open simple programs
    • Only able to execute programs from Run Menu and Windows Key + X > PowerShell as Admin
    • sfc /scannow and DISM do not repair this.
    • I have enabled normal configuration from Msconfig, no change in results

Once fastboot is disabled, I no longer have any of these issues.

I will try sfc /scannow and DISM, although it will reset my disabling of Windows 10 telemetry and tracking.

:)

Hydrate, Jun 28, 2017
  2. PierreS. Win User

Keypad not working on Windows 10

I can help now...

i have found the problem.

deactivate fastboot at energy options / shut down

its not only fastboot at bios!

it gave fastboot at win 10 too.

PierreS., Jun 28, 2017
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    after oct 2017 update, computer won't shutdown or sleep from start menu, power button

One thing I forgot to mention is fastboot somehow was enabled also as event viewer had many errors

concerning it.

The fix was to use this batch file found here;

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

kjl1956, Jun 28, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Having the information filled in on My Computer [bottom left] will help mightily in trying to determine if FastBoot is fully supported by the machine. Could be File Explorer [formerly Windows Explorer in Win7 and earlier] itself has the problem. [By default Internet Explorer doesn't show on Start although it can be put there.]

Berton, Jun 28, 2017
  5. Hydrate Win User
    Oh, I have filled out the information now. *Smile I will check for the integrity of explorer.exe

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/5...is/1498687450/

This is the result I receive when submitting to virus total.

MD5: e719d0a5dbc7d5acfc179d361ef8c2fc
    SHA1: 1e405106b44672d2797cb76e97012d4748973e46

Explorer is unmodified and sfc /scannow results as follows:

DISM Scan Results:

Zero component store corruption and a clean sfc /scannow indicating the system is healthy, as it should be.

Please help? lol

Hydrate, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enabling Fastboot causes Explorer to malfunction - Similar Threads - Enabling Fastboot causes

2. ADB and Fastboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADB and Fastboot: Hi I have difficulty with finding my phone in CMD. Fastboot devices and ADB devices can not be found in CMD.I have changed cable. Installed latest drivers but they are not compatible I am using Lenovo x240 and the phone I want to flash is Samsung m10s.I have downloaded latest...
  3. ADB and Fastboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ADB and Fastboot: Hi I have difficulty with finding my phone in CMD. Fastboot devices and ADB devices can not be found in CMD.I have changed cable. Installed latest drivers but they are not compatible I am using Lenovo x240 and the phone I want to flash is Samsung m10s.I have downloaded latest...
  4. ADB and Fastboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my...: After various attempts at troubleshooting and multiple factory resets to my SSD from a USB booted OS, I'm still graced with the same issue for which I cannot find the root cause. For some time now, I've been having issues with OneDrive going on to automatically upload...
  6. OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my...: After various attempts at troubleshooting and multiple factory resets to my SSD from a USB booted OS, I'm still graced with the same issue for which I cannot find the root cause. For some time now, I've been having issues with OneDrive going on to automatically upload...
  7. OneDrive has rearranged the structure of my file explorer and caused the malfunction of my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Fastboot (Android)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fastboot (Android): I want to root my Sony Xperia Z3 compact phone, however I seem to have a problem with getting fastboot working. Adb works fine, however win 10 doesn't (it worked well with win 7) recognize my phone properly when in fastboot mode and connected via USB. Anyone here who's had...
  9. Slow Booting Time with FastBoot enables - slowish performances

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Booting Time with FastBoot enables - slowish performances: Hello, I am posting as I have been looking for answers for a while but nothing really helped. I've had an ASUS752vw for about 1 and half years, equiped with 8GB of RAM, i7-6700HQ, Windows 10 and -for this matter here- UEFI, so Fast Booting is available (and enabled as...
  10. Fastboot/unmounting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fastboot/unmounting: Hi, I am dual booting with Kubuntu. Despite turning off fastboot, I still cannot get Windows to unmount on shutdown. Also Shift+shutdown doesn't work. When trying to access the NTFS disk in kubuntu I get the usual "still mounted" message. Any ideas anyone? 49131

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows breaks when enabling fastboot