Windows 10: Enabling graphic card without monitor

Discus and support Enabling graphic card without monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dell XPS 8900. I disabled the integrated graphic card with device manager. Now the screen is blank when i restart and F2 and F12 doesn’t keep the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RONHAMADA, Jul 9, 2019.

1. RONHAMADA Win User

Enabling graphic card without monitor

Dell XPS 8900. I disabled the integrated graphic card with device manager. Now the screen is blank when i restart and F2 and F12 doesn’t keep the spinning dots from freezing up. The F2 menu doesn’t appear anymore as it use to. The F12 menu still appears but hitting the menu options takes me nowhere.

I’m guessing the solution is to get to device manager again to enable the integrated graphic card. How do you do this? I’ve already tried removing the round battery & even removing the Nvidia graphic card then re-installing. I thought disabling the integrated graphic would make windows use the Nvidia. Apparently not so. Anybody?

:)

RONHAMADA, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

usb monitors using graphics card

Hi isaac177,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know the model number of AOC display monitor?
    2. Is this the first time that you are trying to setup the display using HDMI?

You can try to use an adaptor (USB/HDMI or VGA as the card has 3 slots) to connect to monitor. I would also suggest you to get in touch with Nvidia to know more about this as there can be output issues while using adaptors and your Graphic card (GTX
    1660 Ti) might not work as expected.

I suggest you to refer this
    NVidia
    support link, and check if that helps.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jul 9, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Enabling graphic card without monitor

Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Enabling graphic card without monitor

1. Enabling graphic card without monitor - Similar Threads - Enabling graphic card

2. how do i enable graphics card without monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i enable graphics card without monitor: i accidentally disabled one of my graphics card on my laptop with broken screen, i use HDMI to connect it to another monitor. after disabling the card, hdmi cant receive any signal from my laptop, display is visible in laptop its just that i cant see anything on my broken...
  3. how do i enable graphics card without monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enable graphics card without monitor: i accidentally disabled one of my graphics card on my laptop with broken screen, i use HDMI to connect it to another monitor. after disabling the card, hdmi cant receive any signal from my laptop, display is visible in laptop its just that i cant see anything on my broken...
  4. how do i enable graphics card without monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enable graphics card without monitor: my laptop has a broken monitor and i use HDMI to connect it to another monitor. i was trying to update my graphics card but accidentally disabled it and now because of my laptop's broken screen i cant see anything and HDMI doesn't work anymore. is there any solution for this...
  5. how do i enable graphics card without monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i enable graphics card without monitor: my laptop has a broken monitor and i use HDMI to connect it to another monitor. i was trying to update my graphics card but accidentally disabled it and now because of my laptop's broken screen i cant see anything and HDMI doesn't work anymore. is there any solution for this...
  6. Graphics card monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics card monitor problem: Hey guys i got a notebook today and i connected my monitor with hdmi cable to my notebook so i can have 2 screens. But when i unplugged hdmi cable (to bring my notebook somewhere else) and when i clicked on nvidia control panel it said that its not connected to current...
  7. Graphic cards and monitors matching

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  8. Graphic cards and monitors matching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  9. usb monitors using graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb monitors using graphics card: So i plan to put a gaming rig into a custom made small case and stuff and then attach a display that folds to become like a laptop like thing and i want to hook up the graphics card (GTX 1660 Ti) to my usb monitor im using instead of just using its own external card or...
  10. Graphic card or monitor problem?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic card or monitor problem?: If when i retun computer from "display off" by moving cursor, my signal returns to dim or black (SOMETIMES), yes there is a signal, but there is a dim-black, or black signal, sometimes turning off and on monitor by button will result in blinking right picture and again goes...