Windows 10: Enabling HDR caps to 60hz?

Discus and support Enabling HDR caps to 60hz? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Dell s3220dgf thats 1440p and has HDR400. If I enable HDR on the monitor itself the refresh rate is unaffected, but when I go to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bwax687, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Enabling HDR caps to 60hz?

I have a Dell s3220dgf thats 1440p and has HDR400. If I enable HDR on the monitor itself the refresh rate is unaffected, but when I go to Windows Settings and turn on windows HD color the refresh rate is dropped down to 60hz even if I go and change it to 164hz, its still stuck at 60hz.

I am using DP 1.4 which my monitor and my GPU support (RX580). Any fix to this?

submitted by /u/bwax687
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bwax687, Jun 18, 2020

2. HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz.

Hi there,

I have a gtx 1080ti and a Sony x900e tv. Both support HDR10. However if I set the the refresh rate to 4k @ 60hz via the Nvidia Control Panel Windows 10 won't enable HDR.

If I set it to 30hz, Windows 10 will enable HDR.

My TV is confirmed to be compatible at 4k 60hz HDR while Enhanced Format is enabled.

my set up is 3 monitors (2 24" samsung monitors, and 1 Sony tv which is the main display).

It does work at 1080p @ 60hz for HDR though.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

UmeedMalik, Jun 18, 2020
  3. HDR won't enable!

Your resolution and refresh rate are currently set to "4096 x 2160 (32 bit) (60Hz)".

HDMI 2.0 cannot handle HDR at 4K 60Hz, it requires too much bandwidth. You'll need to either lower the resolution or the refresh rate which will allow a higher color depth, and subsequently should allow HDR.

So, try lowering the refresh rate and/or resolution and see if you can toggle the HDR switch in Windows settings.

From an Intel engineer on this subject on Intel forum, "Deep Color is enabled in our driver by default. If an app which utilizes Deep Color is used, and the Hardware meets the requirements needed to utilize the app and Deep Color, then our driver will allow
    it to function."

This may explain why cyberlink displays HDR content automatically, but it will have to be playing at a lower refresh rate. This would make sense since practically all movies and TV shows are recorded at 24 FPS. Link to that specific thread here: https://communities.intel.com/thread/101627

Here is a resource I used about deep color support provided by Intel that details bandwidth restrictions for HDMI and DisplayPort for those interested. The section of interest is 2.1. https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/d...-papers/deep-color-support-graphics-paper.pdf

atomicmutilator, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Enabling HDR caps to 60hz?

HDR won't enable!

Thanks for your suggestion. I lowered the refresh rate to 30 HZ and still could not toggle the HDR switch to on position.

I also checked the play back with powerdvd17. My projector information recognizes 3840 x 2160 p 60 Hz with HDR 10 BT 2020 when I play a 4K HDR source file

Thanks

Rajiv Gupta (rgupta), Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Enabling HDR caps to 60hz?

1. Enabling HDR caps to 60hz? - Similar Threads - Enabling HDR caps

2. enabling hdr in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enabling hdr in windows 11: My system configuration is AMD processor 5900x with 500gb nvme, ram 32gb. And graphics caard is GT730, Tried many but no use. I want hdr to be emabled. My monitor is 4k Latest samsung M7 Smart Monitor which is recently launched in monitor. I want want to watch content in hdr...
  3. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  4. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  5. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. HDR toggles off immediately (40k 60HZ TV)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR toggles off immediately (40k 60HZ TV): So I connected my PC to my Sony TV (I've used HDR before on Netflix, PS4 etc) today with a HDMI 2.0 cable and I can't toggle HDR on Windows. When I toggle it on, it just switches back to off immediately, and I can't turn it on in games like AC Valhalla. Does anybody have a...
  7. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  8. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  9. How to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable HDR: I recently purchased a windows 10 computer with intel intergrated graphics card UHD 620. I have the kaby lake R and upgraded to Win10 1909 version. I go to the video settings and I have no options to enable or turn on HDR. It just says 8 bit no HDR. How do I get or enable...
  10. Cant enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant enable HDR: Right so I have a TV which is HDR capable TV Specs : https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/6f4ad6a hooked up to my PC via an HDMI which I believe should be at least 2.0 link to the cable:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WIN 10 60hz can not HDR