Windows 10: Enabling Hybrid Sleep

Discus and support Enabling Hybrid Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all! I hope to be a frequent contributor but I joined specifically to try and find a definitive answer to a question that I cannot find fully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Crizal, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Crizal Win User

Enabling Hybrid Sleep

Hello all! I hope to be a frequent contributor but I joined specifically to try and find a definitive answer to a question that I cannot find fully answered anywhere.

I want my Windows 10 HP All-In-One desktop to enter hybrid sleep after I'm through with my work and be able to wake for maintenance and then go back into hybrid sleep. I have "allow the computer to wake up for maintenance" checked under Security and Maintenance.

In Advanced Power Options, I have the display going off after 10 minutes, sleep after 12 minutes. "Allow Hybrid Sleep" is on. "Allow Wake Timers" is on.

The big question. Does "Hibernate After" need to be set to any value or should it be set to "Never"? This is what I cannot find out. Everything I've read just says to set sleep time and enable hybrid sleep. No mention of hibernation at all.

Any advice is greatly appreciated and thank you for these forums. They're fabulous.

:)

Crizal, Apr 8, 2018

2. Activation of WindowsDefaultLockScreen failed: eventID 3864 and 3863

I fixed this by enabling hibernation (thus deactivating hybrid sleep), rebooting - which temporarily lost the boot partition, then rebooting again (partition now found), then re-enable hybrid sleep. It has been OK ever since. Always wakes up properly after
    sleep with no blank screen.

SteveCronin, Apr 8, 2018
  3. sleep turns to hibernate

Under the Sleep heading:

sleep after = never

hybrid = off

hibernate after = never

wake times = enable

BobTrotterRipley, Apr 8, 2018
Thema:

Enabling Hybrid Sleep

1. Enabling Hybrid Sleep - Similar Threads - Enabling Hybrid Sleep

2. Hybrid Sleep option missing in Windows 11 - "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hybrid Sleep option missing in Windows 11 - ": I want to use Hybrid Sleep on a PC that can go to sleep when not in use, but comes back fast restore from sleep faster than restore from Hibernate. We also have frequent power outages and want to be sure it won't lose anything if the power fails while it's asleep. Hybrid...
  3. Does Hybrid Sleep not work with WSA/WSL enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Hybrid Sleep not work with WSA/WSL enabled?: the option to enable it isnt available in the control panel's power options and when i run this command "powercfg.exe -a" it gives me this error in relation to hybrid sleep "The hypervisor doesnt support this standby state", is anyone else having this?...
  4. Does Hybrid Sleep not work with WSA/WSL enabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Hybrid Sleep not work with WSA/WSL enabled?: the option to enable it isnt available in the control panel's power options and when i run this command "powercfg.exe -a" it gives me this error in relation to hybrid sleep "The hypervisor doesnt support this standby state", is anyone else having this?...
  5. no hybrid sleep option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no hybrid sleep option: Problem in Windows 10 with all possible updates. In Control panel\Hardware and sound\Power options\Edit plan settings, option "Change advanced power settings", there is no "Allow hybrid sleep" under the tab "Sleep". The options are "Sleep after", "Hibernate after" and "Allow...
  6. Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid Sleep: I have looked at the web and whilst some say it is a beneficial feature, others say to disable it. I read one link that stated even Microsoft recommended disabling it to prevent it from interfering with Windows updates. I have it disabled at present. Comments please. 173412
  7. sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep: How to enter hybrid sleep? For a long time, but not forever on win10, this Asus 2 in 1 laptop can never awake from sleep, it hard locks in sleep when it goes to sleep on its own, And usually hard locks within a few minutes. I told it NEVER to shut down when on AC power, so...
  8. Hybrid sleep not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hybrid sleep not working: This started happening after i reset my pc. I have background apps for my mic and customization purposes, but when my computer goes to sleep, they all stop working once i wake it up. I asked a while ago and they said to enable hybrid sleep, but it is on and has been on for a...
  9. Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hybrid Sleep: Hi all, I'm trying to find instructions for Hybrid Sleep, but my Googles keep showing me Power options which are absent from myWindows Version 2004 20H1 - OS Build v19041.508, 64-bit OS, Installed on 1-Jun-2020. Can anyone please direct me to Hybrid Sleep setup...
  10. Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep?: Is it possible to enable Hybrid Sleep in Windows 10? This is what WIkipedia says in the article about Sleep mode: Sleep mode and hibernation can be combined: the contents of RAM are first copied to non-volatile storage like for regular hibernation, but then, instead of...