Windows 10: enabling hyper-v after disabling it.

Discus and support enabling hyper-v after disabling it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I play cs:go and wanted to use a third party client (FACEIT) which told me to deactivate hyper-v in order to use their anticheat. I used this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ipjac, Feb 25, 2021.

1. /u/ipjac Win User

enabling hyper-v after disabling it.

Hi. I play cs:go and wanted to use a third party client (FACEIT) which told me to deactivate hyper-v in order to use their anticheat.

I used this command

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

And now I cant get it to work. When I open the command line it tells me to activate the virtual machine platform. The thing is that this is activated in windows features, as well as hyper-v and windows subsystem for linux.

Any help appreciated.

submitted by /u/ipjac
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ipjac, Feb 25, 2021
  2. AlexOh7 Win User

Enabling Hyper-V after it has been disabled?

Hi, I was doing Android development on my Surface Pro 3. Use of the android emulators required hyper-v being turned off, so I turned it off. Now, I'm working on a UWP app, and use of the emulators requires hyper-v. I have enabled hyper-v in the "Turn Windows
    features on/off" tool, so it's enabled there, but it doesn't seem to be enabled elsewhere, possibly the BIOS. Problem is, there is no option in the SP3 BIOS to enable hyper-v. Windows tells me in two places (task manager, turn Win features on/off) that hyper-v
    is enabled. However, running the following script in powershell:

tells me that it is disabled. Visual Studio also tells me it is disabled.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

AlexOh7, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can't Enable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Professional

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. As per my research the error code 0x800f0831 is generated when .Net Framework 3.5 is not enabled on the computer. I suggest you to try enabling .Net Framework 3.5 on the computer. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now, select the check box for .Net Framework 3.5 and click on
      OK.
    5. Restart the computer.

You can also check if Virtualization feature is enabled in BIOS or not, if it is not enabled, I suggest you to enable it.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps performed by Jins Peter replied on August 13, 2019 in the thread

Hyper-V on Windows Pro wont install
    and see if that helps.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 10

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hyper-V to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 25, 2021
  4. 'Mike P Win User

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. enabling hyper-v after disabling it. - Similar Threads - enabling hyper disabling

2. Hyper-v not disabling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-v not disabling: Hello. I'm running an app called Bluestacks that requires hyper-v to be disabled. I've tried disabling it via the terminal and control panel and even tho it says it's disabled it isn't. I don't know what to do next. Help would be appreciated.I'm running Windows 11 pro on a...
  3. Hyper-v not disabling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-v not disabling: Hello. I'm running an app called Bluestacks that requires hyper-v to be disabled. I've tried disabling it via the terminal and control panel and even tho it says it's disabled it isn't. I don't know what to do next. Help would be appreciated.I'm running Windows 11 pro on a...
  4. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  5. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  6. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Disabling Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabling Hyper-V: I'm currently trying to use a program that requires Hyper-V to be disabled, but it's not showing up in my Windows Features. Even so, the program and other ones as well keep telling me that Hyper-V is enabled. I've tried using the PowerShell method to disable it as well, but...
  8. Bootloop after disabling hyper v

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootloop after disabling hyper v: My laptop just got an infinite bootloop after i disabled hyper v to install an android emulator. It was running fine until i rebooted it. I attempted to boot to safe mode and tried orher ways online unsuccesfully. One of the solutions i found was to make a bootable media on...
  9. disable Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disable Hyper-V: How can I turn off Hyper-v? .... I have already tried Programs and Features and then unchecking the hyper-v there and have checked the services .... I want to use Virtual box but am constantly advised that it is being blocked by Hyper-v. Also is there a way to reset...
  10. Disabling hyper V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Disabling hyper V: I apparently need to disable hyper v in my updated windows 10 home to get my virtual box vms to work. Would disabling hyper v remove any other windows 10 features? In other words, is there a downside to disabling hyper v? 123407