Windows 10: Enabling Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Enabling Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home? Edit: I've reformatted the question from the original post to help people who may have the same issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShivneelSingh, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Enabling Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home

How do you enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home?

Edit: I've reformatted the question from the original post to help people who may have the same issue in the future, so they will be able to find this solution.

:)

ShivneelSingh, Jan 19, 2021
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can't Enable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Professional

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. As per my research the error code 0x800f0831 is generated when .Net Framework 3.5 is not enabled on the computer. I suggest you to try enabling .Net Framework 3.5 on the computer. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now, select the check box for .Net Framework 3.5 and click on
      OK.
    5. Restart the computer.

You can also check if Virtualization feature is enabled in BIOS or not, if it is not enabled, I suggest you to enable it.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps performed by Jins Peter replied on August 13, 2019 in the thread

Hyper-V on Windows Pro wont install
    and see if that helps.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 10

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hyper-V to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Enabling Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

Hi Don,

For us to enable Windows 10 Hyper – V, we will be needing to meet its system requirements. One of its requirements is the Operating System, the Hyper – V role can only be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education

Since you’re currently running Windows 10 Home, you have the option to upgrade your Windows version to Windows 10 Professional. To do so, open up
    Settings > Update and Security > Activation. Here you can visit the store and purchase an upgrade.

For more information regarding this query, click here.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Efraim Gar, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Enabling Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home

1. Enabling Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Enabling Hyper Home

2. Hyper-V Cant be enabled!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Cant be enabled!: Hey Guys, I really hope that this can be fixed for me.First my Specs: I got Windows 11 48G Ram RTX 3060 MSI Tomahawk Motherboard AMD Ryzen 9 5900 CPUNow, I am trying to enable Hyper V to use Windows Sandbox. When I try to start Sandbox, it says "Initialisation of Sandbox...
  3. Hyper-V Cant be enabled!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Cant be enabled!: Hey Guys, I really hope that this can be fixed for me.First my Specs: I got Windows 11 48G Ram RTX 3060 MSI Tomahawk Motherboard AMD Ryzen 9 5900 CPUNow, I am trying to enable Hyper V to use Windows Sandbox. When I try to start Sandbox, it says "Initialisation of Sandbox...
  4. Windows 10 Home Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home Hyper-V: I'm using the windows 10 home version and my VMware workstation throw an error "VMware workstation and Hyper V not compatible. Remove Hyper-V role from the system". Since I'm using a home version, I cannot disable hyper-v through cmd prompt/ PowerShell/ windows features....
  5. How to install and enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 News
    How to install and enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home: [ATTACH]There are many features that are not supported in Windows 10 Home. This version […] This article How to install and enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Hyper V for windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper V for windows 10 home edition: I have Windows 10 Home - I checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home enabled searched by using msinfo. How to disable it? or How can I list that under "Turn...
  7. Trouble enabling Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Trouble enabling Hyper-V: I have Virtualization Technology enabled in my bios, Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled in Turn Windows features on and off, and when I type Hyper-V Manager in Windows Search the best match is Hyper-V Manager web results, so I went into Services and every Hyper-V related...
  8. Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?

Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?: Hi, I just created a virtual machine with Windows XP. Now I'd like to get the sound working in the virtual machine. But I can't see how. Can anyone help, please? 30409
  9. Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session

Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session: As most users will be aware, one restriction in Hyper-V is that you can only run 10 Home in a Hyper-V virtual machine as a basic session (as it does not have RDP server capability), and cannot then get sound. To date, I have had to use VMWare to play Home VMs and get...
  10. Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?

Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?: I have Windows 10 Home - I double checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V (which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home) enabled. I'm trying to install a Kali VM but I can't disable these features...