Windows 10: Enabling HyperV on Home

Discus and support Enabling HyperV on Home in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Whilst perusing web, I discovered how to enable HyperV in Home and it is surprisingly easy. WARNING - Make an image backup first before doing this - I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cereberus, Oct 25, 2020.

1. cereberus Win User

Enabling HyperV on Home

Whilst perusing web, I discovered how to enable HyperV in Home and it is surprisingly easy.

WARNING - Make an image backup first before doing this - I accept no responsibility if this goes wrong.

Firstly, (obviously) bios has to be set for virtualisation.

Then copy text below into a .bat file and run with admin rights.

Code:
    Then setup HyperV as per @Kari's tutorial.

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

:)

cereberus, Oct 25, 2020
  2. iqapple Win User

hyperv no longer disable instantgo?

I installed win10 and enabled hyperv. In win8.1 instantgo will be disabled but in windows 10 it seems still on. Is hyperv no longer conflicting with instantgo?

Thanks

iqapple, Oct 25, 2020
  3. pozzoacer Win User
    disable hyperv in win 10 home

Isn't there any way to disable hyperv in my acer aspire 5 (a515-51g-52zr)? No bios options in my lappie, just bought it yesterday. Hyperv is shown as being enabled in task manager.

pozzoacer, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Enabling HyperV on Home

Can't disable HyperV

Hi, I am trying to disable Hyper-V as I need to use VirtualBox. I have deleted all the VM's in HyperV Manager and stopped the service. Whenever I try to remove it it restarts and then says Windows needs to undo the changes. After this HyperV is still installed.

Can anyone help remove this?

Thanks,

Harris Mirza

Olafgarten, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Enabling HyperV on Home

1. Enabling HyperV on Home - Similar Threads - Enabling HyperV Home

2. HyperV - Host can't get connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HyperV - Host can't get connection: Hello everyone, I have a Windows server 2019 with HyperV, I tried to create an external switch and link a server VM but can't get an internet connection the host is connected, it's a server in the cloud. I have tried the trick remove the "allow management OS to share this...
  3. Using Teams in HyperV with Company domain

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Using Teams in HyperV with Company domain: I have a company laptop with Teams and obviously that works fine. However, I wanted to install Teams on my personal pc and decided to use a HyperV vm to run as it needs to use a company domain and that takes over control of certain aspects. In particular, it requires you to...
  4. HyperV and Grub mouse issue.

HyperV and Grub mouse issue.: So I decided to install ubuntu alongside windows in a Hyper-V VM (more as an experiment than desire). It all went fine without any hitches. The only problem I have come across is the GRUB selection menu is like the old style Windows 7 dual boot menus and only responds to...
  5. Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX)

Repair HyperV Machine Boot (VHDX): Hi everyone. I have a big problem and I'm going crazy. Let's see if someone can help me. I have a virtualized windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 in its HyperV vhdx file, but I have inadvertently deleted the boot partition and now the HyperV does not start the machine. I do not...
  6. Unable to uninstall HyperV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to uninstall HyperV: I have installed HyperV before for Docker, now it's always omnipresent and I'm unable to uninstall it. There's dozen of services, some of them are always running, there's HyperV network adapter and sometimes restarting/turning off takes a minute, because Event viewer says...
  7. HyperV has no video acceleration.

HyperV has no video acceleration.: I have been trying to get my Vista x64 Ultimate video card to work in HyperV on Win10 1903 ( all up to date ). I have an Nvidia 660GTX and in VM I can only get Svga to work. The screen resolution is 1600 x 1200 @16bit colour. I know hardware is emulated but is there a way...
  8. HyperV Management issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HyperV Management issues: Suddenly, Hyper-V Manager is not showing any of my VMs. About my only option is "Connect to Server". When I try to connect to the service locally, I get a message saying to check theat the Virtual Machine Management Service is running. VMMS.exe appears to be running....
  9. HyperV error?

HyperV error?: Can somebody help me with this? According to Hyper V Manager it says it's encountered an error trying to access an object on computer (mycomp) and that MMC says something about Virtual Machine Management must be enabled? Im at a loss at what that is :/ 2147
  10. Windows HyperV

Windows HyperV: In order to test apps before installing them I would like a VM. I have Windows 10 Pro, 6GB RAM, my network adapter is 802.11n + version 6.30.223.256. I think I have to enable virtualization in my old BIOS, then at control panel>windows features, check virtualization or...