Windows 10: Enabling Irda in Windows 10 (Infrared Remote Control)

Discus and support Enabling Irda in Windows 10 (Infrared Remote Control) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Infrared Remote originally designed to use with Windows 7 MCE. Only recently I noticed that it had stopped working and so I started some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by A65er, Sep 9, 2017.

1. A65er Win User

Enabling Irda in Windows 10 (Infrared Remote Control)

I have an Infrared Remote originally designed to use with Windows 7 MCE. Only recently I noticed that it had stopped working and so I started some research on the web to find the solution. To cut a long story short I found this technical article which appeared to be the solution:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-version-1511
    It only applies to Win10 version 1511. It so happened that I was having a lot of other problems relating to corruption of my installation of Windows (Ashampoo Burning studio was refusing to work properly and crashing) so decided to do a reinstall and follow the above article immediately afterwards. I now have Win10 version 1511 installed. I have a lot of updates to install but am quite prepared to reinstall to go back to ver 1511 to get this to work.

I managed to follow the instructions as far as enabling Irda in an elevated command prompt and got the ".../done" response for both commands. However, when I tried the next step of "flushing the updated configuration information to the registry" (step 2) There was no "IrDA network device" under Network Adapters in Device Manager.
    I even followed the same steps again using the hidden system Administrator account thinking this may be some sort of permission problem. That didn't work either.

Now I am stuck. Is there anyone out there who can a suggest anything to help please?

:)

A65er, Sep 9, 2017
  2. Lapski Win User

Windows 10 IrDA-Stack Software Update Release??

Subject: Windows 10 IrDA-Stack Software Update Release??

Hello to who may be reviewing this message:

The original release of Windows 10 operating system (OS) did not include infrared capability – Missing the IrDA-stack.
    Other related Microsoft communications indicate that they are intending to reintroduce infrared functionality as an end user OS update.

Please provide the targeted Windows 10 IrDA-stack software update release date.
    If infrared capability is already available, please provide the Microsoft release number and/or OS build number.

Thank you,

Regards,

Lapski, Sep 9, 2017
  3. USB driver for Windows 10

IT DOES NOT WORK!

There is no longer ANY support for infrared. MS has removed it.

No amount of clean installs and re-installs will fix it. MS needs to put support BACK.

Windows 10: Infrared IrDA-Stack is removed

Lack of IR support will be a deal changer for a lot of people that use it.

FritzMerkel, Sep 9, 2017
  4. Gordon7 Win User

From the MS link you provided, there are something you may have mist, I don't know:

Enabling Irda in Windows 10 (Infrared Remote Control) [​IMG]

There are two separate CMD's and not one! It must be don in a Admin CMD prompt (two of them).

You must off cause install the driver first, before doing anything and the IR plug-in.

I do not have any experience with IR remote and W10, but chances are, that if you get it to work - it will possible work
    all so in a updated version of W10, if update from with in W10. (Let it update it self!)

Gordon7, Sep 9, 2017
  5. A65er Win User
    Thanks Gordon7 but I didn't miss it. I entered each command separately and pressed enter after each and received the"...Done" notification each time suggesting that the commands had been successful. However the Irda network was missing in Device Manager.

A65er, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Enabling Irda in Windows 10 (Infrared Remote Control) - Similar Threads - Enabling Irda Infrared

2. remote control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  3. remote control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  4. IrDA optional app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IrDA optional app.: How do I add the IrDA app to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/irda-optional-app/11c3a448-9c23-420d-8c51-cb039e69d6e8
  5. IrDA for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IrDA for Windows 10: I see lots of discussions for the IrDA but no answers yet. I also have dive computer download problem. Need the IrDA to download info and set dive computer. Does anyone found a solution yet?...
  6. infrared enabled and sending files to unrecognized C drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    infrared enabled and sending files to unrecognized C drive: I was recently hacked and ended up buying a new computer. Let's just say I suspect it was done by from nearby. Now I have a new HP Laptop that doesn't even have an infrared port (that I can see), although it does have Bluetooth. Anyway, in the control panel it shows an...
  7. Windows 10 IRDA stack

Windows 10 IRDA stack: I have a new computer with Windows 10 version 1903. Problem I am running into is an Infra Red USB adapter. I am a diver and my dive computer uses an IR port to transfer data back and forth to my PC. The USB IR adapter I use works fine on XP and Win 7 but not on Win 10. I...
  8. Infrared not recognized

Infrared not recognized: Upgraded to Windows 10 ver 1903 and the infrared device is not working. Got this: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)...
  9. infrared transmission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    infrared transmission: howto…? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/infrared-transmission/21840481-cecc-430e-abdf-c17bf8830982
  10. Remote control

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote control: I need some help with remote control desktop. I have Win 10 Pro. I am trying to various family members with their pc's, which are Win 10 Home. If they download the Remote Desktop app from the windows store, will i then be able to sign onto their computers? Thanks. pmh...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 irda

2. enable irda windows 10

3. install irda windows 10

4. install irda stack windows 10,
  5. irda infrared windows 10,
  6. windows 10 ir remote control,
  7. install irda on windows 10,
  8. windows 10 irda stack,
  9. how to install ms_irda,
  10. w10 ir remote control,
  11. infrared windows 10,