Windows 10: Enabling Microphone Settings on Windows 10.

Discus and support Enabling Microphone Settings on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have plugged in my headphones into the socket and there was a popup saying Microphone in / Microphone out I accidentally clicked on microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sid071, Dec 15, 2018.

1. sid071 Win User

Enabling Microphone Settings on Windows 10.

I have plugged in my headphones into the socket and there was a popup saying

Microphone in / Microphone out

I accidentally clicked on microphone in and and marked to never show this again.

From then, the sounds are not playing in the microphone but are playing in the laptop's internal speakers.

Please help me!

***Modify title from: Microphone settings***

:)

sid071, Dec 15, 2018
  2. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Microphone not working with windows 10

Hi Hawkesy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Microphone on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if the audio drivers are corrupted or due to incorrect audio settings.
    I suggest you to try the following troubleshooting steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Enable Microphone

Step 1: Ensure the microphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack.

Step 2: Plug in the microphone and see if the same shows up in Control Panel. Please follow the instruction:

1. Right-click on sound icon in the taskbar and select "Recording Devices". See if the Microphone is listed.

2. If not, right-click on the blank area and select "Show Disabled Devices".

3. Right-click on your microphone and select "Enable ".

Step 3: Check the volume property. Ensure that it’s not mute.

Method 2: Set Microphone as Default

This may happen when you have the external speakers set to default. Perform the task mentioned below to set Microphone as default:

1. On the start screen of windows 10 press the ‘Windows key + X’
    key on the keyboard and then click on Control

Panel > Sound option.

2. In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on
    Show Disabled

devices.

3. Now check if Microphone are listed there and right click on it, choose
    Enable.

4. Highlight that Microphone and click on "Set as Default".

Refer below article for more troubleshooting steps:

Fix sound problems

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Enabling Microphone Settings on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Enabling Microphone Settings

2. How to enable mono microphone audio in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable mono microphone audio in Windows 10: Hello, I'm having an issue where my microphone audio only comes from one side. Since I have a single channel microphone, I need to set it to mono audio in the windows settings to fix it, but in the Change system sound>Recording>Properties>Advanced dropdown menu it only shows...
  3. Windows Settings Grayed Out - Cannot Enable Microphone or Webcam

Windows Settings Grayed Out - Cannot Enable Microphone or Webcam: Hi, the story below inspired me to share my experience.Same as this guy I've spend several hours, downloads, fixes, etc....until, ..."the apple drop from the tree" :-The problem was simply.....a friend actually,,,, :The MF Antivirus program :-i remembered that being asked to...
  4. Microphone keeps enabling and disabling in Sound settings

Microphone keeps enabling and disabling in Sound settings: I built a new PC recently and have been using my Xbox One controller's microphone as a microphone as I don't have one and I noticed that it wasn't connecting anymore flashing like crazy disconnect and reconnect under Discord's settings and then stopped detecting and went to...
  5. Windows 10 PC knows my microphone is plugged in and says it's enabled, but the microphone...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 PC knows my microphone is plugged in and says it's enabled, but the microphone...: I have a Blue Snowball microphone. I looked in the input audio settings and all and it says it's enabled and troubleshooting says its fixed without additional problems. I tried plugging the microphone in all USB ports, but the mic still is off a red light would shine if its...
  6. Windows Settings Grayed Out - Cannot Enable Microphone or Webcam

Windows Settings Grayed Out - Cannot Enable Microphone or Webcam: Extremely long rant against Windows deleted..... I've spent the last 2 hours trying to help my mother over zoom by remote controlling her computer only to get increasingly angry. Two hours of google searches and various idiotic things like going into the registry have not...
  7. microphone and camera enabling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone and camera enabling: I cannot get my microphone or camera enabled to use Microsoft teams for school. I have a hp laptop and I have already enabled the microphone and camera in settings but there is so way to enable it for Microsoft teams....
  8. enable microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    enable microphone: I've located a number of interactive webinars which I've signed up for but I don't think I have a microphone or else it's disabled. I followed instructions to enable on Windows 10 but whenever I get to sound devices etc., and locate microphone it says input is disabled. Am...
  9. Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled...
  10. Enable or Disable Microphone in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microphone in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Microphone in Windows How to Enable or Disable the Microphone in Windows When you are not using the microphone (mic) on your PC, you may want to disable it for privacy and security reasons, as it can get hacked and the hackers would be able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default microphone settings windows 10

2. microphone enable windows 10

3. windows 10 microphone wont enable