Windows 10: Enabling Microphone Settings on Windows 10.

Discus and support Enabling Microphone Settings on Windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have plugged in my headphones into the socket and there was a popup saying Microphone in / Microphone out I accidentally clicked on microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sid071, Dec 15, 2018.

1. sid071 Win User

Enabling Microphone Settings on Windows 10.

I have plugged in my headphones into the socket and there was a popup saying

Microphone in / Microphone out

I accidentally clicked on microphone in and and marked to never show this again.

From then, the sounds are not playing in the microphone but are playing in the laptop's internal speakers.

Please help me!

***Modify title from: Microphone settings***

:)

sid071, Dec 15, 2018
  2. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Microphone not working with windows 10

Hi Hawkesy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Microphone on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if the audio drivers are corrupted or due to incorrect audio settings.
    I suggest you to try the following troubleshooting steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Enable Microphone

Step 1: Ensure the microphone is fully and firmly inserted into the correct jack.

Step 2: Plug in the microphone and see if the same shows up in Control Panel. Please follow the instruction:

1. Right-click on sound icon in the taskbar and select "Recording Devices". See if the Microphone is listed.

2. If not, right-click on the blank area and select "Show Disabled Devices".

3. Right-click on your microphone and select "Enable ".

Step 3: Check the volume property. Ensure that it’s not mute.

Method 2: Set Microphone as Default

This may happen when you have the external speakers set to default. Perform the task mentioned below to set Microphone as default:

1. On the start screen of windows 10 press the ‘Windows key + X’
    key on the keyboard and then click on Control

Panel > Sound option.

2. In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on
    Show Disabled

devices.

3. Now check if Microphone are listed there and right click on it, choose
    Enable.

4. Highlight that Microphone and click on "Set as Default".

Refer below article for more troubleshooting steps:

Fix sound problems

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Enabling Microphone Settings on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Enabling Microphone Settings

2. "microphone privacy settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "microphone privacy settings": I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any other microphones as well. in every app I've tried to talk to others with. it stats that I need to change my privacy settings...
  3. Microphone Input Settings

Microphone Input Settings: I have called multiple customer support numbers and have had text chats with multiple employees but nothing has worked. I am on a Windows 10 desktop PC. It started when I wanted to talk in xbox party chat with my xbox friends on my PC, so i downloaded xbox and then my mic...
  4. Microphone settings

Microphone settings: I have been trying to learn how to play guitar on a app I downloaded recently (middle of October). The guitar goes through my microphone on my computer and makes sure I am hitting the right notes and cords. Recently, I have been playing and the app was unable to pick up my...
  5. Microphone settings

Microphone settings: How do I turn off the "dictate" mode on my windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-settings/39637428-ae42-4c1f-8c3e-bf3a1b1ef0ef
  6. Microphone settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone settings: I have plugged in my headphones into the socket and there was a popup saying Microphone in / Microphone out I accidentally clicked on microphone in and and marked to never show this again. From then, the sounds are not playing in the microphone but are playing in the...
  7. Can't enable Sync Settings on Windows 10 Enterprise N

Can't enable Sync Settings on Windows 10 Enterprise N: Hello, My work laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise N version 1803 exhibits a strange behavior when it comes to connecting a Microsoft Account to my domain account, syncing Edge favorites and enabling the Sync Settings functionality. [ATTACH] I have registered my Microsoft...
  8. Is Enabling this policy Setting Ok?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is Enabling this policy Setting Ok?: Hi, Just wanted to know if enabling this policy setting is Ok? When I enable it, I can access my WD NAS Drive which is good but Also The setting states that its unsafe [ATTACH]...
  9. Fix Microphone Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix Microphone Settings: Quick Jump Intro First, a possible quick solution if your problem started after April 2018 Still not working? Make sure it’s not a hardware issue If it’s not a hardware issue – Method I: Fix recording device settings Method II: Reinstall your microphone drivers Specific...
  10. Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10: Many thanks Shawn, only wish I had this option earlier as spent hours trying to gain access to my computer after a System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled_Ntfs.Sys 43450