Windows 10: Enabling Microsoft Virus & Threat Protection after uninstalling McAffee

Discus and support Enabling Microsoft Virus & Threat Protection after uninstalling McAffee in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The "Virus & threat protection" screen says I am doing this myself ie not using Microsoft. I was using McAffee but uninstalled it. How do I enable the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Johnkav, May 6, 2020.

1. Johnkav Win User

Enabling Microsoft Virus & Threat Protection after uninstalling McAffee

The "Virus & threat protection" screen says I am doing this myself ie not using Microsoft. I was using McAffee but uninstalled it. How do I enable the Microsoft virus and threat protection please.

:)

Johnkav, May 6, 2020

2. Virus And Threat Protection is not Enable

the Virus And Threat Protection is not been enabled

sergio-januario, May 6, 2020
  3. Virus And Threat Protection is not Enable

Currently i'm using Windows 10

In my Windows Defender the Virus And Threat Protection is not been enabled and it is showing to restart

when im clicking on restart button for virus and threat protection

it is showing the message "ENABLE CONTROLLED ACCESS FOLDER OR EDIT PROTECTION"

i have also tried the command gpedit.msc but it also not executing.

Is there any solution for this problem.

Thank you,

Regards,

Mohit Bhatia

Gaurav1995, May 6, 2020
  4. Enabling Microsoft Virus & Threat Protection after uninstalling McAffee

Windows Defender and McAffee

sadly not...I uninstalled the programme but there is a second item listed in programmes which seems to be an empty file, just a banner for McAffee LIvesafe asking me to update my subscription. When I try to uninstall that I get a pop up asking which file
    I want...but there is no option to highlight and nothing listed. I can't delete it through right click either. I've restarted twice and still have Defender saying I need to update Virus protection and Firewall through McAffee....

Wondering if I should install the McAffee uninstaller as someone suggested above??

IreneCollier, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Enabling Microsoft Virus & Threat Protection after uninstalling McAffee

1. Enabling Microsoft Virus & Threat Protection after uninstalling McAffee - Similar Threads - Enabling Microsoft Virus

2. Virus and Threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and Threat protection: Under settings, Virus and threat protection, I get the following message, "your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". I can't run windows defender....
  3. virus and threat protection

virus and threat protection: "Your Virus & Threat Protection is Managed by your Organization" message is displayed in red when i open virus and threat protection in windows defender please help me resolve this problem also i do not have any other antivirus program on my laptop....
  4. Virus and Threat Protection.

Virus and Threat Protection.: Hi. Can anyone help me to this problem, my Virus and Threat Protection is missing, how i can fix it?. I already follow all of the step in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for... but i can't resolve my prolem. [ATTACH]...
  5. Virus and Threat Protection.

Virus and Threat Protection.: Hi. Can anyone help e to this problem, my Virus and Threat Protection is missing, how i can fix it?.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection/778fb05c-b89b-441c-bf7f-7ef510a623a3"
  6. McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall: When I turn my computer on, a warning says McAfee Virus Protection & Firewall have been turned off. I turn them back on but something is turning them off again. What's causing this?...
  7. virus & threat protection

virus & threat protection: my virus & threat page is not working, my laptop have the viruses, due to scanning is not working of that page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection/8f014741-b965-4202-85a2-2bbbaadd8ec1"
  8. Virus & Threat Protection

Virus & Threat Protection: My Virus & Threat Protection is not turned on & it is showing the following message. [ATTACH]Please help me here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection/8861fbae-6f73-4633-ad20-46b4cbd366b3
  9. Virus and Threat Protection

Virus and Threat Protection: from last few days my virus and threat protection has been disabled by some third party anti virus software which I didn't install. I can't even find that software in the control panel to uninstall. My computer is now slowing down and it's becoming difficult to operate day to...
  10. virus threat protection

virus threat protection: hi I have question I`ve been having problem with this I wish you could help me to fix this .. thank you [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection/5514aea3-7457-4f80-ad90-d3f5ace62850