Windows 10: Enabling .Net 3.5 Framework on a Windows 10 64 bit Surface Error 80070003 Path not found

Discus and support Enabling .Net 3.5 Framework on a Windows 10 64 bit Surface Error 80070003 Path not found in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am attempting to enable the Windows Feature .Net 3.5 on a Windows 10 64 bit machine. Whether I use Control Panel to enable the feature or try and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GalleonQuest, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Enabling .Net 3.5 Framework on a Windows 10 64 bit Surface Error 80070003 Path not found

I am attempting to enable the Windows Feature .Net 3.5 on a Windows 10 64 bit machine. Whether I use Control Panel to enable the feature or try and install from a 3.5 download I get an error 80070003 "path not found" but no information about what path that might be. I did see a comment on another site about a phantom users path in a Windowsnt\profilelist registry entry but that doesn't seem to help.

:)

GalleonQuest, Apr 4, 2019

2. windows 10 .net framework 3.5 will not install/enable

I have upgraded to windows 10 professional from windows 7 professional 64 bit. I am trying to install PTC ProEngineer Wilfire 5.0, which require .net Framework 3.5 service pack 1. I was running ProEngineer Wilfire 5.0 in the windows 7 64-bit OS without
    any problems. .Net Framework 3.5 service pack 1 WILL not install online or from HD. Nor will .Net Framework 3.5 enable from within "turn windows features on or off". The check-box next to .Net Framework 3.5 is filled with a square. Looking at the registry
    using regedit>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Net Framework Setup, it only shows; Name: Standard Type: REG_SZ.

I have tried all suggested solutions I could find via Google searches, but problem persists. There is no version of .Net Framework installed. Nor am I able to install/enable any. Please help with a solution.

TimoNellemose, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Aparody Win User
    Install .NET 3.5 Framework on Windows 10

Is it even possible, the help for this is of no use.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...lation-error-0x800f0906-0x800f081f-0x800f0907

This is the bit thats applicable to me.

To fix the error codes for Windows 10, follow these steps:

1. Download the Windows Media Creation tool, and create an ISO image locally, or create an image for the version of Windows that you have installed.
    2. Configure the Group Policy as in Method 2, but also follow these steps:
      1. Mount the ISO image that's created in step 1.
      2. Point the "Alternate source file path" to the ISO sources\sxs folder from the ISO.
      3. Run the gpupdate /force command.
      4. Add the .Net framework feature.

Method 2 isn't mentioned anywhere.

Further more if i download the framework installer and run the dotnetfx35setup.exe file i get a window that says it requires the framework its trying to install, so its a loop that requires the framework to install the framework.

Next issue is that if i try to turn it on from Programs and Features in the control panel it throws me back to the initial error of not being able to install it which takes me back to the link above and method for fixing it which doesn't include the information
    for Method 2.

I'm starting to think MS are purposely making it uninstallable at this point.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Aparody, Apr 4, 2019
  4. das10 Win User

Enabling .Net 3.5 Framework on a Windows 10 64 bit Surface Error 80070003 Path not found

Unable to download any framework for .net - (error code 0x80070002)

OK, the Windows 10 Feature installation method should have been straightforward, but since that errored out as well, something else seems to be going on with your Windows, so wait for somebody with more experience to suggest a way out.

In the mean time, if you haven't already, you could give muchomurka's suggestion a go as well with the elevated prompt and an install media to see if it works. The following link shows the detailed steps involved.

Offline install of .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 using DISM

das10, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Enabling .Net 3.5 Framework on a Windows 10 64 bit Surface Error 80070003 Path not found

1. Enabling .Net 3.5 Framework on a Windows 10 64 bit Surface Error 80070003 Path not found - Similar Threads - Enabling Net Framework

2. .NET Framework error spam while .NET Framework is clearly enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework error spam while .NET Framework is clearly enabled: For some reason, all of my software started spamming me that NET Framework isn't installed. OK. I tried to install net framework from official microsoft. It does say Successful on Net Framework installers but the software still do not work. Error is from one of the software I...
  3. .NET Framework error spam while .NET Framework is clearly enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework error spam while .NET Framework is clearly enabled: For some reason, all of my software started spamming me that NET Framework isn't installed. OK. I tried to install net framework from official microsoft. It does say Successful on Net Framework installers but the software still do not work. Error is from one of the software I...
  4. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  5. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  6. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1909, having problem installing net. framework?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1909, having problem installing net. framework?: As it says.....my updates look like it says tried 3 different times and nothing updated. Not sure if it didn't and can't see it. Not that PC savvy. Tried a standalone file and said not compatible or something. I'm trying to run a couple of apps that all of a sudden not...
  7. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1909, having problem installing net. framework?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1909, having problem installing net. framework?: As it says.....my updates look like it says tried 3 different times and nothing updated. Not sure if it didn't and can't see it. Not that PC savvy. Tried a standalone file and said not compatible or something. I'm trying to run a couple of apps that all of a sudden not...
  8. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1909, having problem installing net. framework?

in Windows 10 Support
  9. Windows 10 64 bit 1809 Net Framework not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 64 bit 1809 Net Framework not working.: Checked framework setup in registry found no NDP OR 4.0 ,3.5 etc.net Framework setup verifier says not installed Tried to install 4.7 and it says already installed.When I turned Windows feature on Net Environment,Net Extensibility 3.5 and Net Extensibility 4.7.Due to non...
  10. Error 76-Path not found-on network with both 32-bit and 64-bit PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 76-Path not found-on network with both 32-bit and 64-bit PCs: A client of mine has our application installed on a network. The data is shared among three users. The setup is as follows: The application is hosted on a SAN with full permissions to the share granted to users 1, 2, 3, and the domain administrators. For each user the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 80070003 error when installing .net

2. enabling 3.5 framework on win 10 machine

3. HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5 .NET Framework 3.5