Windows 10: Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop...

Discus and support Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I restore my desktop after enabling OneDrive on my desktop and having it remove all my desktop icons in favor of duplicating my laptop desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Someone7997, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop...

How can I restore my desktop after enabling OneDrive on my desktop and having it remove all my desktop icons in favor of duplicating my laptop desktop icons?

:)

Someone7997, Sep 12, 2021

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 12, 2021
  3. Desktop icons missing?

For some reason, between last night, when I OC'd, and sometime today, my desktop icons disappeared. I've tried downclocking to stock clocks, and enabling/disabling desktop icons does nothing. *Frown Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop... :(

I've tried restarting, it doesn't help either. *Frown Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop... :(

Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop... 0d3bde3c.jpg

Radical_Edward, Sep 12, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop...

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop...

1. Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop... - Similar Threads - Enabling Drive wiped

2. Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon and folder missing and replace with new icon: After I restart my Windows 10 pro, all my icons, file and folder keep in desktop were missing and it show other software icons. I go check my desktop folder C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop\myloginname, all my icons, file and folder is there but it not shown in my desktop. Why...
  3. Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop: I have a folder called One Drive on my desktop. I right clicked it to delete it from the desktop and it began deleting my one drive files. I stopped it then had to go back and recover the files from the deleted items folder that is in one drive. I have the one drive icon on...
  4. Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop: I have a folder called One Drive on my desktop. I right clicked it to delete it from the desktop and it began deleting my one drive files. I stopped it then had to go back and recover the files from the deleted items folder that is in one drive. I have the one drive icon on...
  5. Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. getting icons from the hard drive to my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting icons from the hard drive to my desktop: Hello I had on my laptop a bios error that did not allow me to get to my desktop when I turned on the laptop. The laptop was serviced by replacing the motherboard. Once I received the laptop my company reimaged it. All of my icons on the desktop were no longer there. I was...
  7. How do I remove these desktop icons from my laptop without deleting them from my one drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove these desktop icons from my laptop without deleting them from my one drive?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zacharye123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mdt8jt/how_do_i_remove_these_desktop_icons_from_my/
  8. Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons.

Two gray bars on desktop; one of them replaces my desktop icons.: [IMG] The top bar replaces my desktop icons, and I can drag it around. If I double click, the bar disappears and my desktop shortcuts are restored. The bottom bar never goes away and isn't draggable. Right clicking on either of them is like right clicking on the desktop....
  9. desktop icons replace not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    desktop icons replace not working: When changing desktop icons in windows 10, desired icon does not load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-replace-not-working/cf863682-8c34-4108-a2b2-f4f03dccd57f
  10. icons on my desktop

icons on my desktop: I picked some icons to go on my shortcuts but they ended up on my desktop.my other ones would not stay in place they disappeared all the time .so im trying to put these new ones in there place but I don't know how to do it.im not that good at computer s but im trying to...