Windows 10: enabling physical power button on lock screen

Discus and support enabling physical power button on lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I find it incredibly annoying that when one of my PCs are locked, I cant just hit the power button and leave. I will frequently try to turn off my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Naso4265, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Naso4265 Win User

enabling physical power button on lock screen

I find it incredibly annoying that when one of my PCs are locked, I cant just hit the power button and leave. I will frequently try to turn off my desktop computer, late at night when the screens are off, just to realize hours later that it's still on. The only way to shut it down while on the lock screen is to click the on-screen prompt, and click "shut down anyway" when it warns me that I could lose unsaved work, even when no one is signed in. how can I make it so that the power button actually works, so that I don't have to deal with this unhelpful and infuriating warning?

:)

Naso4265, Mar 24, 2020
  2. SSShadii Win User

Shutdown using power button from lock screen

My problem is that Windows will not shut the computer down when you press the power button (physical button on the computer, not the button on the log in screen) at the lock screen or log in screen.

Is there a setting or registry I have to change to allow this to function correctly? Basically I have set the computer to turn off when I push the button on the computer in Windows settings, but it doesn't respond when you press it at the lock (or login) screen.
    Thanks for your help.

SSShadii, Mar 24, 2020
  3. kwinner43 Win User
    Power button no longer locks screen

Originally,when i purchased my Surface pro 4 a few days ago, pressing the power button once would lock my screen. However, pressing it once now brings up the shut down screen. Are there any suggestions to fix this? Changing what the power button does in
    settings doesn't help.

kwinner43, Mar 24, 2020
  4. enabling physical power button on lock screen

Lumia 1520 lock/power button not locking

Hi JohnJacksonUZ

I understand your problem.

I think its a hardware issue with power key.

I will suggest you to contact Nokia care.

But I also suggest that there are some apps on store that they work as power key on phone.

Ex. One touch lockscreen,

If your press on that, phone will go to lock screen auto. But confirm that the double tap to wake up feature is enabled or not in settings app, to wake up the screen again from lock screen.

MCCshreyas, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

enabling physical power button on lock screen

1. enabling physical power button on lock screen - Similar Threads - enabling physical power

2. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.: Please i need help. i am using a dell latitude E7270 with the windows 10 pro version installed. Before now i could easily lock my pc by pressing the power button and on display on i will be asked to unlock my pc with my password which i am very much okay with. But for some...
  3. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.: Please i need help. i am using a dell latitude E7270 with the windows 10 pro version installed. Before now i could easily lock my pc by pressing the power button and on display on i will be asked to unlock my pc with my password which i am very much okay with. But for some...
  4. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Power button and screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button and screen: Hello I have a problem with my laptop. I assigned the power button to hibernate but when i press it nothing happens. And when i enter start menu and select power and choose hibernate the screen turns black but not off and the laptop keeps running but you can't do anything....
  6. physical power button stopped wprking

physical power button stopped wprking: The physical power button on my Acer Aspire-5 laptop, Windows 10, has stopped working. None of the easy fixes re: messing with the power settings has worked. I have now found that when I go to "Change Advance Power Settings", there is no "Power buttons and lid" option...
  7. Physical power button not working when system locked (user logged in)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Physical power button not working when system locked (user logged in): I set up my system to log in automaticaly, and lock afterwards to run through the complete startup sequence without me having to sit through it all. Problem: Sometimes the GPU isnt properly booting up and the screen is black. The physical power button is unresponsive in this...
  8. Shutdown using power button from lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown using power button from lock screen: My problem is that Windows will not shut the computer down when you press the power button (physical button on the computer, not the button on the log in screen) at the lock screen or log in screen. Is there a setting or registry I have to change to allow this to function...
  9. Physical power button doesn't work

Physical power button doesn't work: About two months ago, the physical power button on my Lenovo X1 Tablet (3rd gen) stopped working. It won't put the machine to sleep nor will it wake it up from sleep. I've applied all updates from Lenovo and from Microsoft. I double checked the desired behavior in power...
  10. Enabling Lock Screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling Lock Screen.: I have for many months tried to enable the Lock Screen on two of my PCs. All Windows 10 Home...up to date. Read and tried this tutorial:- Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 - Page 26 - Customization Tutorials When pressing W key and L the lock screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock screen button doesnt work windows phone