Windows 10: Enabling PTT with bitlocker encrypted system drive.

Discus and support Enabling PTT with bitlocker encrypted system drive. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,I currently have a Win 10 pro desktop with no TPM and have used the group policy to allow me to encrypt the system drive so I'm asked for the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PeteCC, Aug 5, 2021.

1. PeteCC Win User

Enabling PTT with bitlocker encrypted system drive.

Hi,I currently have a Win 10 pro desktop with no TPM and have used the group policy to allow me to encrypt the system drive so I'm asked for the decryption password in the pre-boot environment. I've since discovered while looking at Win 11 compatibility that the BIOS allows me to enable enable the processor's PTT which I understand is a software equivalent to a TPM.My question is this. If I enable the PTT in BIOS, will Windows recognise it and use it with bitlocker for the system drive or am I likely to run into any problems? Would it be best to suspend the protection or even decrypt the d

:)

PeteCC, Aug 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 Bitlocker will not enable on system drive (But will on other drives)

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to inform you that as BitLocker requires memory to encrypt, I would suggest you to check if there is sufficient space in the drive.

I suggest you to disable BitLocker from other drives and then try enabling BitLocker on the system drive followed by other drives.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 5, 2021
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Enabling PTT with bitlocker encrypted system drive.

Bitlocker Drive Encryption

Recently I was attempting to encrypt my drive with bitlocker because windows was suggesting to encrypt them via the security page when logging into my account. Though, when I do attempt to encrypt them with bitlocker it states that my drive is already
    encrypted via bitlocker. I was wondering if there was a different way that it needs to be set up because I was hoping to add the extra layer of security to my drives with bitlocker encryption and password protecting them via a recovery key.

User1234567_953, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Enabling PTT with bitlocker encrypted system drive.

1. Enabling PTT with bitlocker encrypted system drive. - Similar Threads - Enabling PTT bitlocker

2. Can't enable bitlocker encryption.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable bitlocker encryption.: Hello. I have a problem. I can't enable bitlocker encryption. I have windows 11 21h2 home single language, I also recently performed a local reinstall of windows....
  3. Can't enable bitlocker encryption.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable bitlocker encryption.: Hello. I have a problem. I can't enable bitlocker encryption. I have windows 11 21h2 home single language, I also recently performed a local reinstall of windows....
  4. Update BIOS to enable PTT

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update BIOS to enable PTT: Greetings,I have Dell Inspiron 5570 that has PTT and not TPM. Is PTT OK for Windows 11?In anyway, I tried to update BIOS to enable PTT, I press ‘unlock’ it asks me for admin. password for this PC. I thought because I own my pc and signed as administrator then I have the...
  5. Can not enable BitLocker on system drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not enable BitLocker on system drive: I am trying to enable BitLocker on my home Windows 10 Pro with dedicated and enabled TPM 2.0 module. However, when I try to enable BitLocker for system drive, I got an exception "Ask system administrator"...
  6. Enabling PTT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enabling PTT: I have a 7700k, how can PTT be enabled.I've looked through every option in my motherboards BIOS and can find to option to enable PTT.Initially i contact ASUS the motherboard manfacturer for options for enabeling TPM when they have advised that TPM isn't available but PTT...
  7. Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled?

Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled?: Recently I looked into enabling "BitLocker Drive Encryption" on Windows 10 Pro. After enabling it, I discovered that "Device Encryption" under Settings -> Update and Security -> Device Encryption was already enabled. This is a new Lenovo laptop from 12/2020, bought from...
  8. "the operating system drive is not protected by bitlocker drive encryption"

"the operating system drive is not protected by bitlocker drive encryption": Hi. My pc has 8 drives attached to it. A: sata ssd B: usb C: m2 nvme E: m2 nvme U: sata ssd W: usb X: sata hdd Y: sata hdd E, U X and Y are bitlocked. I wanted to turn on the auto-unlock feature, which worked fine except for drive E, which give the error,...
  9. Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive

Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive: I am getting rid of a desktop with a bitlocker encrypted C drive. I want to physically remove that drive and have access to it from another pc via external usb dock or enclosire Bitlocker question: Do I need to decrypt it first ? I was thinking with the key or the password...
  10. Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Access a Bitlocker encrypted system drive as external drive: I am getting rid of a desktop with a bitlocker encrypted C drive. I want to physically remove that drive and have access to it from another pc via external usb dock or enclosire Bitlocker question: Do I need to decrypt it first ? I was thinking with the key or the password...