Windows 10: Enabling RDP to only one machine

Discus and support Enabling RDP to only one machine in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, So.. Whats the best way to allow users to remote only onto once machine without giving them access to a AD group which lets them remote onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JDOTR247, May 11, 2020.

1. JDOTR247 Win User

Enabling RDP to only one machine

Hello,

So.. Whats the best way to allow users to remote only onto once machine without giving them access to a AD group which lets them remote onto all machines? I could do it via GPO but it seems to be a overkill for something which is only temp unless someone knows a easy way in GPO

We usually add engineers to 1 AD group which allows them to remote onto any laptop or server etc. However we have a few users who need to remote onto a desktop in the office. Usually they would log in and run their reports etc. But due to Covid-19 they are WFH.

- I tried to add them to the remote desktop users group in the local users and groups, but they get an error "To l on to this remote computer you must be granted the Allow log on through Terminal Services right. By default, members of the Remote Desktop Users group have this right. If you are not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group or another group that has this right, or if the Remote Desktop Users group does not have this right, you must be granted this right manually."

- I tried to update the local security policy option and add them to the allow remote access group, but it's greyed out.

Any other ways?

:)

JDOTR247, May 11, 2020

2. Slow RDP connection to host machine after updates

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the RDP connection to the host machine is slow after the updates.

As the issue is related to RDP connection on Virtual Machines, I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have experts who have more knowledge on Virtual Machines and RDP connections.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 11, 2020
  3. RsqAdmin Win User
    Sysprep Answer file to enable RDP

Hello:

I am trying to create an answer file for a windows 10 machine which will enable RDP after sysprep runs. I have gone through and read this: Enable Remote Desktop by Using an Answer File . This is essentially what I
    have used in the past for my windows 7 answer files and it works perfectly. However, in windows 8.1 and windows 10 for some reason RDP does get enabled but the Firewall rule to allow RDP through is ignored and it is not added after the system has been sysprepped.
    Has anyone ran into this issue? and more importantly found a fix for it?

RsqAdmin, May 11, 2020
  4. Enabling RDP to only one machine

RDP not working on one machine at home

Hi guys,
    I have several machines at home that have RDP enabled. All are running Windows 10 Pro.
    I have enabled RDP on all via System Settings > Remote.

Enabling RDP to only one machine [​IMG]

I have also gone to Computer Management and setup the same users in the RDP Group.
    Here are the machines that I have
    DT1
    LT1
    LT2
    LT3

I can connect to and from using RDP to any machine but 1. DT1.
    It will let RDP to find it. I can access it's share drives no problem but RDP will not go to it. I can however RDP from it to any machine.

I keep checking all the settings, I've allowed RDP via Windows Firewall. I have Norton installed which I disabled but still no luck. All machines have Norton installed and I did not touch Firewall on those at all but they were fine.

Anything else I can do guys? Please help.

xxx4reggie, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Enabling RDP to only one machine

1. Enabling RDP to only one machine - Similar Threads - Enabling RDP machine

2. Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine: I hope someone can help as I have been pulling my hair out for a few weeks over this issue.I have a Windows 11 Virtual Machine in Azure which I have been able to connect to until recently. When connecting it gets to Securing connection and it then fails. I have tried a local...
  3. Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine: I hope someone can help as I have been pulling my hair out for a few weeks over this issue.I have a Windows 11 Virtual Machine in Azure which I have been able to connect to until recently. When connecting it gets to Securing connection and it then fails. I have tried a local...
  4. RDP not connecting from my machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP not connecting from my machine: Hi Guys,I can connect via RDP from different machines but can't from my machine. I've disabled Firewall and removed my antivirus and still the same, what could be the problem?my machine is running Windows 11, might be the reason but not sure what it is Thanks...
  5. RDP not connecting from my machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP not connecting from my machine: Hi Guys,I can connect via RDP from different machines but can't from my machine. I've disabled Firewall and removed my antivirus and still the same, what could be the problem?my machine is running Windows 11, might be the reason but not sure what it is Thanks...
  6. RDP not connecting from my machine

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Low LAN speeds on only one machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low LAN speeds on only one machine: My device is reporting a LAN speed of anywhere between 100 - 400 Mb/s whereas any other device I tried to connect to the same network reported consistent speeds of about 900 - 1000 Mb/s. This problem persists with different cables and other devices connected with the same...
  8. RDP hanging and crashing on client machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP hanging and crashing on client machine: Hey guys, I hope you are well! I am running into a hang and crash with RDP in between Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2. I have an application running as a remote app on the Windows Server 2008 R2 and in certain cases it seems to be hanging when viewing from Windows...
  9. Laptop stops responding to one machine only

Laptop stops responding to one machine only: A very strange thing has just happened. Laptop A had been viewing Laptop B with no problem but then suddenly Laptop A could no longer see Laptop B at all. No ping response, no file view. However Laptop C and Linux A could both ping Laptop B. But, when I pinged Laptop A...
  10. RDP not working on one machine at home

RDP not working on one machine at home: Hi guys, I have several machines at home that have RDP enabled. All are running Windows 10 Pro. I have enabled RDP on all via System Settings > Remote. [img] I have also gone to Computer Management and setup the same users in the RDP Group. Here are the machines...