Windows 10: Enabling SMBv1 breaks netlogon

Discus and support Enabling SMBv1 breaks netlogon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to enable SMBv1 for a domain computer. This computer needs to connect to an SMBv1 LAN. I enabled the optional feature for SMBv1 - but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brandon Purvis, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Enabling SMBv1 breaks netlogon

I need to enable SMBv1 for a domain computer. This computer needs to connect to an SMBv1 LAN. I enabled the optional feature for SMBv1 - but the connection was still refused.

I ran these commands:

sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/mrxsmb20/nsi

sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= auto

and restarted. After this restart, the SMBv1 connection was no longer refused. I restarted again and network authentication stopped. I can no longer RDP into the computer. The Netlogon service has stopped.

How can I enable SMBv1 without breaking NLA?

:)

Brandon Purvis, Apr 21, 2021

2. Protocol smbv1 enabled in W10 Fall Creators Update (RS3)

Hi Monica,

Thank you for your quick response. I have updated again since version 1703 but I still have smbv1 enabled. I've also opened a case from Feedback Hub.

Any other suggestions? Thank you!

Regards,

Ángel.

AngelCarton, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Protocol smbv1 enabled in W10 Fall Creators Update (RS3)

Hi,

On October 17 came the new version of Windows 10: Fall Creators Update (RS3). With this update the smbv1 protocol was going to disappear to improve product safety, but yesterday I was surprised.

I performed a clean installation of RS3 and found that I still had this protocol enabled and could successfully access an old NAS using WS2003. Attached is an image detailing the problem:

Enabling SMBv1 breaks netlogon 73ebfb0f-8685-4b2d-8447-d8cec93498c1.png

I found the following information in a couple of Internet articles:

------

Actually, what Microsoft said is that any new computers or clean OS installations after the release of the Fall update would no longer have SMBv1 installed. But for anyone upgrading from an earlier version that still has SMBv1 installed, it will remain and
    continue to function.

"This is not patching, nor upgrading," Pyle said. "This is clean install RS3."

This means Microsoft decision will not affect existing Windows installations, where SMBv1 might be part of a critical system. Users who want to get rid of SMBv1 will still have to manually disable SMBv1 on their existing machines, or perform a clean install
    with Redstone 3.

------

So why do I have smbv1 enabled on my new w10 (RS3)?

References:

SMB v1 *removed* from Windows 10 Fall Creators Update | Sonos Community

Microsoft to Disable SMBv1 in Windows Starting This Fall

Best regards,

Ángel.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate

AngelCarton, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Enabling SMBv1 breaks netlogon

Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Enabling SMBv1 breaks netlogon

1. Enabling SMBv1 breaks netlogon - Similar Threads - Enabling SMBv1 breaks

2. Netlogon randomly crashes ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netlogon randomly crashes ...: I have a Windows 10 Pro workstation that the Netlogon service will randomly crash with the following error:Log Name: SystemSource: NETLOGONDate: 1/16/2024 8:14:44 AMEvent ID: 5703Task Category: NoneLevel: WarningKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer:...
  3. Netlogon randomly crashes ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netlogon randomly crashes ...: I have a Windows 10 Pro workstation that the Netlogon service will randomly crash with the following error:Log Name: SystemSource: NETLOGONDate: 1/16/2024 8:14:44 AMEvent ID: 5703Task Category: NoneLevel: WarningKeywords: ClassicUser: N/AComputer:...
  4. Netlogon randomly crashes ...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. SMBv1 keeps getting disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMBv1 keeps getting disabled: Hi All,I've just received a new corporate laptop with exact same W10x64 version 10.0.19042.1526 as the old one. Unlike the old one, which doesn't have any problems using SMBv1 client, the new one rejects my attempts to use it with the following text in the pop-up window even...
  6. SMBv1 keeps getting disabled

SMBv1 keeps getting disabled: Hi All,I've just received a new corporate laptop with exact same W10x64 version 10.0.19042.1526 as the old one. Unlike the old one, which doesn't have any problems using SMBv1 client, the new one rejects my attempts to use it with the following text in the pop-up window even...
  7. SMBv1 keeps getting disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. SMBv1 File Sharing Not Working

SMBv1 File Sharing Not Working: The inner workings of Windows area bit of an enigma to me, so I really need some help here. I work in a small office, and we have a local file sharing network set up where I can access shared folders/files on any computer. I have been working at the same computer Windows 10...
  9. Enabling network sharing with smbv1 disabled and smbv2 enabled

Enabling network sharing with smbv1 disabled and smbv2 enabled: We all know about how people at microsoft make smbv1 mandatory to share folder across a local network, which exposes us to ransomwares. people at Microsoft have no concerns for security, despite being in IT business for the last 30 years.... in windows 10 , like 1809, the...
  10. How to Enable or Disable Debug logging for Netlogon service on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Debug logging for Netlogon service on Windows 10: [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will detail the steps on how to enable or disable debug logging of the Netlogon service on Windows 10, in order […] This article How to Enable or Disable Debug logging for Netlogon service on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...