Windows 10: Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List

Discus and support Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My list of Recent Documents is not showing up in either my Task Bar or Start Menu. I have opened Word Options / Advanced, and selected to display 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BradHazel, Aug 6, 2020.

1. BradHazel Win User

Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List

My list of Recent Documents is not showing up in either my Task Bar or Start Menu. I have opened Word Options / Advanced, and selected to display 10 recent documents, but they're not showing up. They used to show up, but suddenly not anymore. My Excel still shows its recent documents, but Word is no longer showing them.

:)

BradHazel, Aug 6, 2020

2. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

Hi there,

I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

pennywhistle, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent

Welcome to TenForums @wolf145

You don't say where you found these threads, but we have some tutorials here on TenForums on that subject which probably cover the steps you took.

Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10
    Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

Note that the second one on 'how to clear the lists' basically says turn it off then on again. I'm afraid your lists may well have been cleared by now. The frequent places in your quick access will rebuild its list as you use the PC, but there's no way to retrieve an old list. You'll have to recreate it by revisiting those places I'm afraid.

If you have been relying on these quick access links as your primary way to find places you want, then once you have rebuilt the list you can right-click on the important ones and choose 'Pin to Quick access' to make them permanent.

Bree, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

How to find a list of Recent Documents in Windows 10

Hi,

Recent document option has been removed on Windows 10. Instead, on Windows 10 you have an option recent files. To access it, follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + E.
    • Under File Explorer, select Quick access.
    • Now, you will find a section Recent files which will display all the recently viewed files/documents.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List - Similar Threads - Enabling Quick Access

2. OneDrive stuck on Quick Access list

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive stuck on Quick Access list: Hello,OneDrive is currently stuck on my Quick Access list in File Explorer and it will not let me delete/unpin it. When I try to I get this message:[Window Title] explorer.exe [Content] This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please...
  3. OneDrive stuck on Quick Access list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive stuck on Quick Access list: Hello,OneDrive is currently stuck on my Quick Access list in File Explorer and it will not let me delete/unpin it. When I try to I get this message:[Window Title] explorer.exe [Content] This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please...
  4. I can't enable "Recent files" list on the quick access folder, it disable itself when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't enable "Recent files" list on the quick access folder, it disable itself when i...: whenever i try to go on folder options and enable "show recently used files in Quick Access" and click apply, it won't show and when i go on Folder Options, it was disabled. i don't know why but please help...
  5. I can't enable "Recent files" list on the quick access folder, it disable itself when i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't enable "Recent files" list on the quick access folder, it disable itself when i...: whenever i try to go on folder options and enable "show recently used files in Quick Access" and click apply, it won't show and when i go on Folder Options, it was disabled. i don't know why but please help...
  6. Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list: In the last 6 months Windows has, on three or four occasions, deleted both my FILE EXPLORER 'Quick Access' folder list and 'Recent Files' list. Why does this happen, and how can I stop it? It doesn't happen very often but when it does it is very frustrating - and so...
  7. Quick Access & Recent files

Quick Access & Recent files: Hi i want to increase the number of "recent files" shown in the quick access function to more than 20, ideally 50. I don't want workarounds or rely on me pinning things, I just want to see more than 20 recent files. The current limit is a hindrance to my work as 20 files...
  8. accessing documents on Quick access

accessing documents on Quick access: Windows 10 - I can no longer access the latest documents I'm working on in Quick Access - just offers folders. This happened about two weeks ago. How do I fix it?...
  9. Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent: Hello, The recent folders have disappeared from my quick access menu. I came across some threads that explain how to restore the recent folders shortcut to the quick access menu - this worked. However, before it disappeared, there was a list of the 4 most recent folders...
  10. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items not showing in quick access or start list: Hi there, I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks 31689