Windows 10: Enabling the VirtualMachinePlatform feature prevents system from starting up

Discus and support Enabling the VirtualMachinePlatform feature prevents system from starting up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to update my wsl to wsl 2, following the steps given here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10 On step 3, after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ApplePieCrust2122, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Enabling the VirtualMachinePlatform feature prevents system from starting up

I'm trying to update my wsl to wsl 2, following the steps given here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10

On step 3, after I Enable VirtualMachinePlatform feature using dism.exe and restart my system, it gets stuck at a blank screen after the spinning dots. It just shows a blank screen and won't start up

I had to boot into safe mode and disable this feature, after which I could boot up windows fine, without any issues.

My system specs:

• Version: Microsoft Windows [Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.928]
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
    • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650
    • RAM: 8GB

Virtualization is supported on this system, I enabled SVM mode in BIOS

submitted by /u/ApplePieCrust2122
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ApplePieCrust2122, Apr 29, 2021
  2. pparks1 Win User

WSL2 for windows

Did you first install the virtual machine platform feature as well a the windows subsystem for linux feature? If not, open a POWERSHELL window and run these

• Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux
    • Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName VirtualMachinePlatform

Also, make sure that you computer supports virtualization and that it's enabled in the BIOS.

pparks1, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Can I reinstall/enable the Start if it was uninstalled/disble?

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to uninstall the Pokki Start Menu and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows + X' key on the keyboard.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Select Pokki Start Menu and click on Uninstall.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and restart the computer to complete the process.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

I did this. Pokki was gone, but still no start menu. I still assistance. Thanks.

train-wreck, Apr 29, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

Enabling the VirtualMachinePlatform feature prevents system from starting up

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Enabling the VirtualMachinePlatform feature prevents system from starting up

1. Enabling the VirtualMachinePlatform feature prevents system from starting up - Similar Threads - Enabling VirtualMachinePlatform feature

2. WmBEnum.sys prevents memory integrity from enable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WmBEnum.sys prevents memory integrity from enable.: WmBEnum.sys prevents memory integrity from enable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmbenumsys-prevents-memory-integrity-from-enable/6cc18a90-82d5-49a1-8d41-65a2d01dff4e
  3. WmBEnum.sys prevents memory integrity from enable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WmBEnum.sys prevents memory integrity from enable.: WmBEnum.sys prevents memory integrity from enable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmbenumsys-prevents-memory-integrity-from-enable/6cc18a90-82d5-49a1-8d41-65a2d01dff4e
  4. WmBEnum.sys prevents memory integrity from enable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. wsappx preventing windows from starting

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wsappx preventing windows from starting: Problem: When wsappx is running at startup Windows 10 does not start properly. After log in, the wait icon is displayed on the screen and the start bar flickers on and off. Does anyone have any recommendations? I do use MS store, specifically for the XBox Gamepass, with...
  6. Start Up Apps not Enabling.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Up Apps not Enabling.: Hii the start up apps are not enabling , i tried enabling it, it gets enabled but when i close the task manager start up window they get again to disabled.Please anyone help me....
  7. Start up apps not enabling.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start up apps not enabling.: Hii the start up apps are not enabling , i tried enabling it, it gets enabled but when i close the task manager start up window they get again to disabled.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Prevent the "new" tag from showing up in the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent the "new" tag from showing up in the start menu: Is there a way to prevent the "new" tag from showing up in the start menu every time a program is installed? 146884
  9. Windows 10 Boot Loop: a patch is preventing the system from starting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Boot Loop: a patch is preventing the system from starting.: Since August 31, after 2 blackouts in the middle of august in my city, my laptop Dell Inspiron which have a not working battery since last year, present a hellish boot loop, I tried everything, bootrec commands (fixboot acess denied), startup repair (a patch is preventing the...
  10. How to enable & configure Tracking Prevention feature in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable & configure Tracking Prevention feature in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Tracking Protection is a feature in browsers which limits the effect of services like Google, Facebook, etc., tracking your online activities. If you are profiled, you are almost tracked across services and platforms. If you are using the Chromium-based...