Windows 10: Enabling Touchscreen

Discus and support Enabling Touchscreen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a new Dell inspiron convertible laptop. It changes to Tablet mode easily BUT nothing happens when I touch the screen. I've looked at all sorts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SunnydayHX, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Enabling Touchscreen

I have a new Dell inspiron convertible laptop. It changes to Tablet mode easily BUT nothing happens when I touch the screen. I've looked at all sorts of online help but no-one answers this question, they all assume the touchscreen should just work when tablet mode is on. I'm wondering if there is something I've missed, or is the machine faulty?Can anyone help?

:)

SunnydayHX, Feb 12, 2020

2. My Dell Inspiron touchscreen turns off.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties with the sensitivity of the touchscreen. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the model number of the Dell Inspiron Laptop?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the steps as refered in these articles and let us know the status.

1. What to try if your touchscreen doesn't
      work
    2. Enable and disable your touchscreen in Windows 10
    3. How to Troubleshoot Touchscreen Issues

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 12, 2020
  3. How to enable touchscreen on an all in one PC build that is being used as a monitor for a PC tower?

Hi,

Microsoft has an article where you may refer on regarding enabling or disabling the touchscreen on your Windows 10 device. We suggest that you
    refer to this page to see the steps.

Let us know how it turns out.

Lawrence Lib, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Enabling Touchscreen

touchscreen on Dell Inspiron not working

Hi Debora,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing touchscreen issue. One possible cause could be an outdated driver. I would like to know more about your concern. Kindly verify the changes made on the computer prior to the issue.

Meanwhile, you have to make sure that touchscreen is enabled. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, then select
      Device Manager.
    • Expland Human Interface Devices and select HID-compliant
      touch screen.
    • Select the Action tab at the top of the window. Select
      Enable

For your reference, check this article.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshoot and then hit
      Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices. Click
      Run as administrator.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Enabling Touchscreen

1. Enabling Touchscreen - Similar Threads - Enabling Touchscreen

2. I am trying to enable the touch screen on my laptop and HID- touchscreen is not listed....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to enable the touch screen on my laptop and HID- touchscreen is not listed....: I am trying to enable the touch screen on my laptop and HID- touchscreen is not listed. Where do I find it? I did a search under the device manager. Please explain it to me how to do this....
  3. I am trying to enable the touch screen on my laptop and HID- touchscreen is not listed....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to enable the touch screen on my laptop and HID- touchscreen is not listed....: I am trying to enable the touch screen on my laptop and HID- touchscreen is not listed. Where do I find it? I did a search under the device manager. Please explain it to me how to do this....
  4. How can I re-enable my touchscreen when the option has disappeared from Device Manager?

How can I re-enable my touchscreen when the option has disappeared from Device Manager?: I have a Dell XPS13 laptop bought in late 2019 not long after having this laptop I turned off the touchscreen function for personal reasons but now all these years later and having updated from Windows 10 to 11 I would like to enable the touchscreen again but the function...
  5. How can I re-enable my touchscreen when the option has disappeared from Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I re-enable my touchscreen when the option has disappeared from Device Manager?: I have a Dell XPS13 laptop bought in late 2019 not long after having this laptop I turned off the touchscreen function for personal reasons but now all these years later and having updated from Windows 10 to 11 I would like to enable the touchscreen again but the function...
  6. Is there anyway that I can enable my touchscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway that I can enable my touchscreen?: Hi,I am using a lenovo thinkpad X240In pen and touch it says that touch support with 2 pointsI don't see any HID in device manager is there any other way?...
  7. Is there anyway that I can enable my touchscreen?

Is there anyway that I can enable my touchscreen?: Hi,I am using a lenovo thinkpad X240In pen and touch it says that touch support with 2 pointsI don't see any HID in device manager is there any other way?...
  8. Is there anyway that I can enable my touchscreen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Where to find enable touchscreen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to find enable touchscreen in Windows 11: My touchscreen was broken. None of the kids are confessing. I was able to successfully disable the touchscreen through the Device Manager somewhere under Human Interface Devices. The touchscreen option did not directly show up under the Human Interface Devices heading, but I...
  10. Where to find enable touchscreen in Windows 11

Where to find enable touchscreen in Windows 11: My touchscreen was broken. None of the kids are confessing. I was able to successfully disable the touchscreen through the Device Manager somewhere under Human Interface Devices. The touchscreen option did not directly show up under the Human Interface Devices heading, but I...