Windows 10: Enabling UASP under Windows 10?

Discus and support Enabling UASP under Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As I understand it, Windows 10 includes native support for the USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP). Therefore, if all hardware involved is capable of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oxonsi, Apr 21, 2017.

1. oxonsi Win User

Enabling UASP under Windows 10?

As I understand it, Windows 10 includes native support for the USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP). Therefore, if all hardware involved is capable of UASP, it will be enabled by default.

I recently acquired a Corsair Voyager GTX USB 3.0 flash drive. It is a cool piece of technology with an SSD controller built into a thumb drive form factor. And as I believe not only does it support UASP, it requires UASP in order to reach its advertised performance levels.

I also have an ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard, which I believe was touted as one of the first mobos to include UASP support. It originally required the ASUS USB 3.0 Boost software under Windows 7 in order to work. But native support of UASP first under Windows 8 obviated the need for that.

However, I see that the Corsair Voyager GTX is attached via "USB (Serial ATA)" according to CrystalDiskInfo under Interface. If it were using UASP, it would say "UASP" there instead.

So all of that said, am I missing something or is there something I can do to rectify my lack of UASP connectivity?

Thanks for any thoughts!

:)

oxonsi, Apr 21, 2017

2. Windows 10 and UASP Support for USB 3.0

Can you post your current setup? UASP is highly dependent on hardware support, your system won't be able to utilize it if your hardware doesn't support UASP even if you are running a supported OS. Does your Storage Controllers tab in Device Manager show
    SCSI after inserting your UASP-enabled device?

cioredulla, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Windows 10 and UASP Support for USB 3.0

I am in the process of building a new machine with Windows 10 on it. I currently have a machine with Windows 7.

Windows 7 does not have UASP support for USB 3.0 and I was hoping that when i connected my external USB 3.0 hard drive to my new Windows 10 machine that it would run faster. Unfortunately it actually runs a bit slower.

I have the updated drivers, I have an external enclosure and adapter card that both support UASP. I have gone into the properties of my drive and enable write caching and better performance but it still has not changed anything.

Any information on how to enable this would be appreciated as I have found nothing in a google search regarding UASP support in Windows 10.

Supposedly UASP support works in Windows 8.1 but I skipped right over that OS so I have nothing to compare to.

Thanks!

elimjohnson, Apr 21, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 21, 2017
  5. oxonsi Win User
    Thanks for the links. Yes, I'll have to read through those and see if I can't find a way to enable UASP on my board. I know my board features the ASMedia USB 3.0 controllers, and according to what I have read those should be capable of UASP...

Thanks again.

oxonsi, Apr 21, 2017
  6. Monstieur Win User
    Serial SATA is UASP.
    Additionally it will show up under Device Manager > Storage Controllers as well if it's UASP.

Monstieur, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Enabling UASP under Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Enabling UASP under

2. Cannot enable FastCGI in IIS under Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable FastCGI in IIS under Windows 11: I am running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2, build 22622.290 with Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22632.1000.0. I have already reset Windows once because IIS failed to install properly. It now installs, but CGI/FastCGI doesn't. I've configured Windows Features to include...
  3. Cannot enable FastCGI in IIS under Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable FastCGI in IIS under Windows 11: I am running Windows 11 Pro version 22H2, build 22622.290 with Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22632.1000.0. I have already reset Windows once because IIS failed to install properly. It now installs, but CGI/FastCGI doesn't. I've configured Windows Features to include...
  4. How to enable Windows Media Player under RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Windows Media Player under RDP: I am using a laptop where i insert a CD and it plays in Window Media Player also allowing me to rip my CDs for my devices this runs on Windows 10 pro.I enable RDP on this laptop.On my second computer Windows 11 which does not have a CD player, i RDP into the laptop and insert...
  5. UASP Not Found In Device Manager? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UASP Not Found In Device Manager? Windows 10: I have a Surface Pro 7, running Windows 10. It has a USB c 3.1 gen 2 port, yet i don't see any indication that UASP is supported? Here is what's under Storage Controllers: Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller Standard NVM Express Controller Universal Serial Bus...
  6. Enable Windows update under services.msc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable Windows update under services.msc: Hello , I recently got error code : 0x80070422 when trying to download an app from microsoft store. I have researched all sorts of troubleshooting methods for this and have tried all of them , with no progress. One method I tried was the following here :...
  7. StorageDevicePolicies and UASP

StorageDevicePolicies and UASP: Why do versions of Windows above 8.0 not respect the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\StorageDevicePolicies\WriteProtect registry entry for devices which use the USB-Attached-SCSI driver? When connecting a SATA drive through an ASMT 2115 adapter, I only get...
  8. USB 3 - Windows check if UASP enabled

USB 3 - Windows check if UASP enabled: Hi there Is it possible to find out in Windows if UASP on USB 3 ports are enabled -- On Linux it's easy - simply type lsusb and if a device shows driver=UAS anywhere then it's working Any way in Windows to see if it's enabled. The reason is that when using external...
  9. No UASP Driver in Windows 10??

No UASP Driver in Windows 10??: So I recently installed Windows 10 to get that sweet usb uasp 3.0 spec goodness (This was the only reason I upgraded). With native support, I thought that nothing could go wrong. Alas, every other part of the upgrade went great BUT for the UASP driver, which appears to be...
  10. Disable UASP in Windows 10?

Disable UASP in Windows 10?: Is there a way to disable UASP support in Windows 10 over USB, and force BOT mode? I'm having lots of issues with my external enclosures that support UASP since moving to my new PC with Windows 10, and I'm trying to troubleshoot. A post I read hints that maybe UASP is behind...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uasp windows 10

2. does windows 10 support uasp

3. uasp driver windows 10

4. windows 10 uasp,
  5. uasp win 10,
  6. how to enable uasp,
  7. install uasp driver windows 10,
  8. uasp driver,
  9. uasp win10,
  10. uasp windows 11 not working,
  11. UASP Windows 11,