Windows 10: Enabling WINDOWS DEFENDER on a new PC with bundled 3rd party virus checker

Discus and support Enabling WINDOWS DEFENDER on a new PC with bundled 3rd party virus checker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For the last few years almost all PCs sold come with bundled Norton or McAfee; what is the simplest / plug-n-play, method of enabling MICROSOFT... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RJMe, Aug 2, 2020.

1. RJMe Win User

Enabling WINDOWS DEFENDER on a new PC with bundled 3rd party virus checker

For the last few years almost all PCs sold come with bundled Norton or McAfee; what is the simplest / plug-n-play, method of enabling MICROSOFT DEFENDER and disabling the 3rd party virus checkers ?

:)

RJMe, Aug 2, 2020

2. False notification in latest win 10 saying Defender is turned off (and web root my 3rd party virus checker)

I keep getting a false notification in latest win 10 v.10586 saying Defender is turned off (and web root my 3rd party virus checker).

When i click it both are still on, systems normal....

patbell101, Aug 2, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Windows Defender or 3rd party?

@lolnothankyou
    Are you seriously suggesting the OP drop all real-time protection, and use a 3rd party tool that is only as current as the last download, if you can download it? And is "somewhat efficient"? And has to be Firewall blocked to avoid calling out with whatever? Really???

f14tomcat, Aug 2, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Windows Defender or 3rd party?

That is a much saner approach, Thank you. Disemboweling Defender simply bothered me.

I agree.

f14tomcat, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Enabling WINDOWS DEFENDER on a new PC with bundled 3rd party virus checker - Similar Threads - Enabling DEFENDER bundled

2. 3rd party sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd party sites: Why can I not access websites that are emailed to me. For example,,, if someone emails me a money transfer,,, it will not open to the banking page. If "Prevention" sends me a link to health topic,,,, I cannot open it. Please help! :-...
  3. 3rd Party Company

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd Party Company: I did a search for MS tech support and 855-345-8210 was a search result, so I called the number. I needed help with Outlook. The rep said MS no longer supported Outlook, and they were the company that handled Outlook support. I gave them access to my computer. They fixed the...
  4. Do I really need a 3rd party virus protection

Do I really need a 3rd party virus protection: Do I really need a 3rd party virus protection? Also Do I really need to use ccleaner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-really-need-a-3rd-party-virus-protection/6056265b-1e45-4a28-a340-31adea63f39e"
  5. Enable 3rd party access to a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enable 3rd party access to a child account: I am trying to enable access to 3rd party apps for my daughter's child account. When attempting to add outlook.com to Mail app on iOS, it is asking me to go to account.live.com/mk to enable 3rd party access to her account. when i go to that link, only 1 of my 4 children are...
  6. 3rd party utilities

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd party utilities: A ms phone tech once told me to not use any 3rd party utilities such as ccleaner (and there are many others) and just rely on Windows to take care of everything. Before he told me this, I had used ccleaner and it seemed to clean a lot of stuff. Frankly I never noticed a...
  7. Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?

Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?: Since Windows Defender is dominating the AV world, now why do most enterprises are still sticking with 3rd party AV programs like McAfee or Symantec? Are these two still better than running Defender? I believe Defender even has its own central management solution for...
  8. 3rd Party cookies Blocker

in Browsers and Email
    3rd Party cookies Blocker: Using Windows10, how do I turn off the 3rd party cookies blocker please? I am trying to access a bona fide web site which will not allow me access because my 3rd Party Cookie is blocking me. 123839
  9. Windows Defender or 3rd party?

Windows Defender or 3rd party?: Ordinary PC, running Windows 10 Professional ver 1803 I run some Adobe software. And it has a few performance issues. When I related the situation in the Adobe forum, they recommended completely shutting off whatever antivirus I'm using to see if that fixed the problem....
  10. Security and Maintaince, Windows Defender, and 3rd party security

Security and Maintaince, Windows Defender, and 3rd party security: After accidentally updating to Windows 10 (If you want to know, I was trying to set it up to install a month or so later, but accidentally clicked the "install now" option. It must have been downloading in the background as, half an hour later, my computer restarts and began...