Windows 10: Enabling WINDOWS DEFENDER on a new PC with bundled 3rd party virus checker

Discus and support Enabling WINDOWS DEFENDER on a new PC with bundled 3rd party virus checker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For the last few years almost all PCs sold come with bundled Norton or McAfee; what is the simplest / plug-n-play, method of enabling MICROSOFT... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RJMe, Aug 2, 2020.

1. RJMe Win User

Enabling WINDOWS DEFENDER on a new PC with bundled 3rd party virus checker

For the last few years almost all PCs sold come with bundled Norton or McAfee; what is the simplest / plug-n-play, method of enabling MICROSOFT DEFENDER and disabling the 3rd party virus checkers ?

:)

RJMe, Aug 2, 2020

2. False notification in latest win 10 saying Defender is turned off (and web root my 3rd party virus checker)

I keep getting a false notification in latest win 10 v.10586 saying Defender is turned off (and web root my 3rd party virus checker).

When i click it both are still on, systems normal....

patbell101, Aug 2, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Windows Defender or 3rd party?

@lolnothankyou
    Are you seriously suggesting the OP drop all real-time protection, and use a 3rd party tool that is only as current as the last download, if you can download it? And is "somewhat efficient"? And has to be Firewall blocked to avoid calling out with whatever? Really???

f14tomcat, Aug 2, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Windows Defender or 3rd party?

That is a much saner approach, Thank you. Disemboweling Defender simply bothered me.

I agree.

f14tomcat, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Enabling WINDOWS DEFENDER on a new PC with bundled 3rd party virus checker - Similar Threads - Enabling DEFENDER bundled

2. UAC 3rd party virus app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC 3rd party virus app: UAC asks if my 3rd party virus app is okay to make changes every time I start up my laptop. I was wondering if there is a way to add this app to the ignore list of UAC? My current UAC settings are: Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer....
  3. UAC 3rd party virus app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC 3rd party virus app: UAC asks if my 3rd party virus app is okay to make changes every time I start up my laptop. I was wondering if there is a way to add this app to the ignore list of UAC? My current UAC settings are: Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer....
  4. UAC 3rd party virus app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution: Greetings,Windows defender real-time protection got disabled after detecting a new 3rd party malware/ransomware software. Even thought the 3rd party ISN'T and anti-virus.We've already tried to force enable the windows defender through GPO and Registry.Any sugestion is welcome...
  6. Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution: Greetings,Windows defender real-time protection got disabled after detecting a new 3rd party malware/ransomware software. Even thought the 3rd party ISN'T and anti-virus.We've already tried to force enable the windows defender through GPO and Registry.Any sugestion is welcome...
  7. Enable Windows Defender with 3rd party Malware solution

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows Defender plus Malwarebytes or 3rd party Anti-virus Software

Windows Defender plus Malwarebytes or 3rd party Anti-virus Software: Hi all My Windows Version number is 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) Ive been using Avast Free Antivirus for years now with little to no issues. This might be a case of "if it aint broke dont fix it" scenario but should i rather just use windows default AV/Malwarebytes combo or...
  9. Microsoft Defender and 3rd Party Antivirus:

Microsoft Defender and 3rd Party Antivirus:: If I download a 3rd party antivirus, Microsoft Defender turns itself off. How long can it remain in the off disabled mode before the software becomes outdated/corrupt and will not come back on if or when I uninstall the 3rd party antivirus? Can you leave it disabled for 6...
  10. Windows Defender or 3rd party?

Windows Defender or 3rd party?: Ordinary PC, running Windows 10 Professional ver 1803 I run some Adobe software. And it has a few performance issues. When I related the situation in the Adobe forum, they recommended completely shutting off whatever antivirus I'm using to see if that fixed the problem....