Windows 10: Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed

Discus and support Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed. I have avast antivirus installed on my PC, but I have found that if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Adriansdfdf, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed

Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed.

I have avast antivirus installed on my PC, but I have found that if a third party antivirus is installed windows ransomware protection is not activated. is there a way to use windows ransomware protection while using third party antivirus?

:)

Adriansdfdf, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed

Malware and ransomware protection

First things first:

1.) If you’re using Windows Defender, then the first thing you need to do is turn on Windows Defender’s new built-in
    Ransomware Protection – known as “Controlled Folder Access” (it’s disabled by default):

Stopping ransomware where it counts: Protecting your data with Controlled folder access - Microsoft Security

Turn on the protected folders feature in Windows 10

2.) The next thing you should do is prepare for the worst by creating a backup of all of your personal files on a removable hard drive, flash drive, or recordable disk – and then disconnect the drive. If you have
    additional PCs, you can transfer your backups to those PCs. Once everything is backed up to an external device, you’re prepared to make a complete recovery in the event that your files
    are rendered inaccessible by malware or encrypted by ransomware. No one can destroy all of your personal files, or hold them hostage, if you just have your own copies of those files. It's really just that simple. So it should
    be reassuring to know that there is a surefire way to prevent the loss of import data and documents
    – because the threat landscape is evolving so rapidly that there’s really never any surefire way to prevent a malware or ransomware attack. "Back up your files" has always been the
    prime directive for any sound security strategy:

https://www.howtogeek.com/174343/ra...-is-so-dangerous-and-how-to-protect-yourself/

3.) Then, as time permits, you can go ahead and educate yourself to your heart’s content about all of the proper steps and strategies for avoiding malware and ransomware – keeping in mind, of course, that things are moving
    so fast that a good fraction of what you read will already be outdated –
    and remembering always these ancient words of wisdom: "The most profound knowledge of how to avoid pitfalls is of little use to a man trapped in a storm sewer".

GreginMich, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed

1. Enabling windows ransomware protection when a third-party antivirus is installed - Similar Threads - Enabling ransomware protection

2. will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1: will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-third-party-virus-protection-protect-windows/0aadcde7-c49c-438b-ad8f-87740354687d
  3. will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1: will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-third-party-virus-protection-protect-windows/0aadcde7-c49c-438b-ad8f-87740354687d
  4. Solved - How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Solved - How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services, renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  5. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  6. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  7. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

8. Third-party antivirus and Defender

Third-party antivirus and Defender: Hi all, I hope I can be as clear as possible. I have Kaspersky Total Security, and I've had it since December. Every once in a while I'll get notifications to turn on Microsoft Defender - I understand installing third-party antivirus software will turn off/disable Defender,...
  9. Windows Defender + third party protection

Windows Defender + third party protection: Hello Is there any way at all to keep Windows Defender antivirus and firewall.. the entire Windows defender package, running when a 3rd party solution is installed? I want to run it alongisde Kaspersky Security Cloud 158372
  10. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender: Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I had Eset for years with Malwarebytes as backup manual scanner, now with Win10 I'm considering leaving the paid antivirus...