Windows 10: Enabling Windows Sandbox hurts host performance?

Discus and support Enabling Windows Sandbox hurts host performance? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently noticed that when I enable Windows Sandbox it cripples my PC performance, for example my RAM read speed drops from 48 GB/s to 35 GB/s and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BackSilent9923, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Enabling Windows Sandbox hurts host performance?

I recently noticed that when I enable Windows Sandbox it cripples my PC performance, for example my RAM read speed drops from 48 GB/s to 35 GB/s and CPU benchmarks are lot slower as well.

However when I run the benchmarks inside the Sandbox I get max performance (same result as on the "host" with Sandbox disabled).

Anyone else experiencing the same behavior?

submitted by /u/BackSilent9923
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BackSilent9923, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Dec 19, 2020
  3. John Red Win User
    No Internet after enable Windows Sandbox

I'm running latest version of Windows 10 with Windows Security. When I enable Windows Sandbox my Internet connection vanish. So, I do not have Internet on my computer and no Internet in Sandbox what is obvious. I have tried to unable it and enable it again
    like suggested somewhere on the forum, search Internet for solutions but no victory.

John Red, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Enabling Windows Sandbox hurts host performance?

No internet connection on Windows Sandbox

Hello bvonr,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, if your computer is connected to the internet, even the Sandbox has to be connected. There is no extra setting to turn on/off internet for Sandbox. Few issues regarding network connection on Virtual machines and Sandbox has been resolved
    just by updating to the latest build. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: Disable Antivirus software.

I would suggest you to disable all the security software applications (e.g. Norton, McAfee) that are installed on your host (main) machine. It could be blocking the internet connection, so disable it and see if the issue persists.

Disclaimer: If you have Windows 10, you’ll get the latest antivirus protection with Windows Defender. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender is on and actively helping to protect
    your PC by scanning for malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats. Windows Defender uses real-time protection to scan everything you download or run on your PC. Windows Update downloads updates for Windows Defender automatically to help keep
    your PC safe and protect it from threats.

If the above suggestions doesn’t fix, kindly check with the method 2.

Method 2: Disable and enable the Sandbox feature from Control Panel.

Go to Control Panel >
    Programs
    > Programs and Features > from the left top, select
    Turn Windows features on or off > Scroll down to Sandbox, disable and enable it to check if it works.

Additionally, you may also refer to the suggestions provided in the article on
    Windows Sandbox has NO Internet when the
    host is connected to a VPN

Please let us know the results. We are glad to help you further if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Enabling Windows Sandbox hurts host performance?

1. Enabling Windows Sandbox hurts host performance? - Similar Threads - Enabling Sandbox hurts

2. After enable Windows Sandbox it didnt appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After enable Windows Sandbox it didnt appear: Hi everyone!I enable Windows Sandbox, restart computer and nothing happen, i get only error when restarting: powershell.exeThe operation was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes...
  3. Enable Windows VM's HOST access with KVM HOSTS

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Enable Windows VM's HOST access with KVM HOSTS: Hi folks If you are playing around with KVM Hosts and want Windows VM's to have host access without going through all problems of creating bridges (not supported via KVM on WIFI anyway) here's a simple way to do it : The method works by defining a "Virtual network" and a...
  4. does iGPU usage hurt performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does iGPU usage hurt performance?: I wanted 3 displays so I bought a FirePRO. Turns out even though it's rated for 3 simultaneous displays, it only works if you get some special adapter which I never did figure out what it is. So currently my only option is to run 2 displays from the FirePRO and 1 from the DVI...
  5. No Internet after enable Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet after enable Windows Sandbox: I'm running latest version of Windows 10 with Windows Security. When I enable Windows Sandbox my Internet connection vanish. So, I do not have Internet on my computer and no Internet in Sandbox what is obvious. I have tried to unable it and enable it again like suggested...
  6. How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10: Windows Sandbox is a new feature that you can use to run applications in an isolated environment. Windows Sandbox is basically a lightweight virtual machine that’s offered natively on Windows 10 to run untrusted apps without long-lasting impact to the device. Sandbox for...
  7. Boot failure after enabling Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot failure after enabling Windows Sandbox: Hi All, After I've turn on Windows Sandbox feature and the PC is rebooting windows is crashing at boot multiple times. Only when I boot again with Safe mode, I get the following message: 'Windows couldn't complete the update/Undoing changes'. At EventViewer: "The...
  8. How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10: [ATTACH] The most popular way to put up some suspicious code running on a device is by tricking in the user to install a suspicious program on the targetted device. Lack of awareness among the user base regarding these kinds of [...] This post How to enable Windows Sandbox...
  9. enable windows script host

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    enable windows script host: Help me please, I cannot find how to enable windows script host. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/enable-windows-script-host/99c42619-8537-416c-86dc-e6f27449fa72
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 18305, Microsoft introduced Windows Sandbox. Windows Sandbox is a new lightweight desktop environment tailored for safely...