Windows 10: Enabling xmp on bios crashes my windows

Discus and support Enabling xmp on bios crashes my windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed my 3600hz ram was running at 2666 and figured that the xmp wasn't enabled after i updated the bios, so I went into the bios and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by charliegrant3, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Enabling xmp on bios crashes my windows

Hello,

I noticed my 3600hz ram was running at 2666 and figured that the xmp wasn't enabled after i updated the bios, so I went into the bios and enabled profile 1.

I then tried to load back into windows and the screen would go black if I moved the mouse, i managed to load up the task manager after judging where the mouse pointer was, once in there I could see the speed was 3600 but then it completely crashed and the computer restarted.

After the restart the computer wouldn't load windows and told me it needed to be repaired, so I disabled the xmp over clock and now its running fine again.

1. should I been fine now or does windows need repairing still?

2. how do I enable XMP without windows problems?

Thanks in advance

Charlie

:)

charliegrant3, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Enabling xmp on bios crashes my windows

1. Enabling xmp on bios crashes my windows - Similar Threads - Enabling xmp bios

2. facing black screen after enable xmp in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    facing black screen after enable xmp in bios: I added 8gb ram stick few days ago and it is running in 2133mhz and when i try to enable xmp i see no display fan keeps spinning my motherboard supports 2993 mhz for my processor and i want my ram to run at 2933mhz how to fix this please help!...
  3. facing black screen after enable xmp in bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    facing black screen after enable xmp in bios: I added 8gb ram stick few days ago and it is running in 2133mhz and when i try to enable xmp i see no display fan keeps spinning my motherboard supports 2993 mhz for my processor and i want my ram to run at 2933mhz how to fix this please help!...
  4. Unable to enable XMP II and get what my ram is rated at

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to enable XMP II and get what my ram is rated at: I have an Asus Z590-A motherboard and a i9-11900K processor along with 2 G.Skill TridentZ Ram sticks. Each ram stick is capable of XMP 2.0 and measured at 8x2gb 3200 speed PER STICK so 32 gb of ram total. However, I am only getting speeds of 2133 and only receiving 8gb per...
  5. Unable to enable XMP II and get what my ram is rated at

Unable to enable XMP II and get what my ram is rated at: I have an Asus Z590-A motherboard and a i9-11900K processor along with 2 G.Skill TridentZ Ram sticks. Each ram stick is capable of XMP 2.0 and measured at 8x2gb 3200 speed PER STICK so 32 gb of ram total. However, I am only getting speeds of 2133 and only receiving 8gb per...
  6. XMP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XMP: Hello, since i bought my laptop, it was very slow so i had to work with this for years until i just realized that xmp is not enable which means that for my laptop instead of using 4 gb ive actually been using 2gb of ram.So i went to my BIOS and checked everywhere but i coudnt...
  7. XMP

XMP: Hello, since i bought my laptop, it was very slow so i had to work with this for years until i just realized that xmp is not enable which means that for my laptop instead of using 4 gb ive actually been using 2gb of ram.So i went to my BIOS and checked everywhere but i coudnt...
  8. XMP

9. BSoD Error after Overclocking CPU and enabling XMP

BSoD Error after Overclocking CPU and enabling XMP: Had 2 BSoDs with error code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION I'd prefer to stay overclocked and have XMP on still. Minidump files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wuuYEFlINKQZ9IzToC2wYqsJFObF0lPm/view?usp=sharing...
  10. BSOD when XMP Is Enabled

BSOD when XMP Is Enabled: Since I built my PC a couple of week's a go, I have had no end of trouble trying to enable XMP. In the latest attempt this morning, I enabled it and got a memory_management BSOD after launching Steam. EDIT: Just had two more with system_service_exception, so I've disabled...