Windows 10: ENC icon on lock screen

Discus and support ENC icon on lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The ENC icon appeared on my laptop. I figured out how to hide it on my taskbar, but it's still appearing on the lock screen. How can it be hidden there... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AD&FLA, Jun 19, 2019.

1. AD&FLA Win User

ENC icon on lock screen

The ENC icon appeared on my laptop. I figured out how to hide it on my taskbar, but it's still appearing on the lock screen. How can it be hidden there also?

:)

AD&FLA, Jun 19, 2019

2. Black Lock Screen

Hi Eugen,

As you have already tried to update the driver and changed the settings, I suggest you perform a startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jun 19, 2019
  4. ENC icon on lock screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

ENC icon on lock screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

ENC icon on lock screen

1. ENC icon on lock screen - Similar Threads - ENC icon lock

2. Weird icon to right of time on lock screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird icon to right of time on lock screen.: This icon just started showing up to the right of the time on the lock screen. Anybody know what it means. Couldn't find anything on the internet to suggest what it is. [IMG]...
  3. ¿How can i open .ENC files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ¿How can i open .ENC files?: [ATTACH] Hi, i hope you guys can help me. I made a back up from my phone to my pc, but i cant open images, videos, anything. All files are in .enc. ¿How i can open those files?...
  4. On Screen Caps Lock Icon/Display

On Screen Caps Lock Icon/Display: Hi, I have a Lenovo that is running windows 10 and whenever I press the Caps Lock button there is a caps lock icon that comes up on the screen and then despairs. How do I get rid of this?...
  5. lock screen/Windows icons

lock screen/Windows icons: Does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of the creepy little cyclops icon at the Windows 10 welcome/lock screen that blinks at you and tells you that your fingerprint can't be read so your PIN must be used? That thing is weird and it creeps me out and I want it gone....
  6. *.enc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    *.enc: recently when i download files (from email etc.) it becomes with the ending ".enc" and i can't open them unless i change the ending or choosing the correct application for it. it happened only on my windows 10 operating system. how can i make it normal again?...
  7. Getting Magnifying glass icon on Lock screen

Getting Magnifying glass icon on Lock screen: I want to get a Magnifying glass symbol on the lock screen Thank you! Sulkiflii R. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-magnifying-glass-icon-on-lock-screen/e4515370-4798-4da0-8287-f638c2c61588
  8. Sysprep and preservation of Lock Screen and Icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep and preservation of Lock Screen and Icons: Hi, I've got an issue that I'm hoping the great Kari or someone else with much greater knowledge then myself. I'm working on sysprepping a windows 10 system intent on deploying for end users throughout the country. Here's where the problem originates, when I perform the...
  9. Num Lock black icon on screen

Num Lock black icon on screen: Lenovo B590 running Windows10 - i can not remove the black Num Lock icon on my screen, any suggestions? /Frank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-black-icon-on-screen/4761eb0a-e789-4b18-bb4e-f23b0fe222f4
  10. Lock screen notification icon size

Lock screen notification icon size: Does anyone know how to change the size of the notification icons shown on the lock screen? I seem to remember getting the question during setup of Win10 if I wanted to show large or small icons and I think I choose small. When I restart the computer I can see the network...