Windows 10: Encoding problem on both console and window application

Discus and support Encoding problem on both console and window application in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had english version of Windows 7 which was upgraded to Windows 10. After installation I decided to install Polish language pack and I can use Polish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by soxterix, May 10, 2016.

1. soxterix Win User

Encoding problem on both console and window application

I had english version of Windows 7 which was upgraded to Windows 10. After installation I decided to install Polish language pack and I can use Polish characters in terminal or text editors. On the other hand I have two applications: console application I connect to via VPN and window application installed on local machine. In both cases when I try to write text I can't use Polish characters (I see different letters or characters that doesn't belong to Polish alphabet) but I can see Polish characters in menu of the window application. Console application doesn't show Polish characters on menu from the beginning. These are two different applications with no connection whatsoever. I have no problem using them on Polish version of Windows 7.
    Can you suggest any solution to this problem?

:)

soxterix, May 10, 2016
  2. ChenryLee Win User

Powershell Console Font Settings

There's a question troubling me.

Before Windows 10 RedStone, I made a configuration:

In the shortcut of Powershell, I set the encoding to 437, and font to Source Code Pro ( I like this font), and in the profile file ($PROFILE), I set the encoding to 936.

[System.Console]::OutputEncoding=[System.Text.Encoding]::GetEncoding(936)

After starting Powershell console, the font was Source Code Pro.

After upgrading to Windows 10 RedStone, I didn't make change to these settings, but the font change to other, not the font I set.

I want to use Source Code Pro and Encoding 936, How should I do?

Thank you.

ChenryLee, May 10, 2016
  3. C5 Facebook not working on both application and browser

Same problem here, facebook just keeps loading but in the end, nothing happens!

Can someone tell me how to solve this?

elsje---01, May 10, 2016
Thema:

Encoding problem on both console and window application

1. Encoding problem on both console and window application - Similar Threads - Encoding problem both

2. Encoder problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encoder problems: Encoder problems while streaming poor quality https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encoder-problems/896a7949-06e8-47a3-9073-d1bd090b9635
  3. Encoder problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encoder problems: Encoder problems while streaming poor quality https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encoder-problems/896a7949-06e8-47a3-9073-d1bd090b9635
  4. Problem with Realtek audio console

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Realtek audio console: [ATTACH] So when I opened my pc today and plugged in my headphones I got this problem; "This app can't open, check the windows store for more info about Realtek audio Console" I reinstalled the Realtek audio control from the window store, I also reset the app from...
  5. Problems with "Your Phone" Application both in Windows 10 & Android

Problems with "Your Phone" Application both in Windows 10 & Android: Alright here is the Deal i was Using Nokia 6.1 Android 8.1 Oreo, upgradable to Android 10, Android One which i did. Until Android 8.1 everything was perfect suddenly the name of the device changed from Nokia 6.1 to "3333d1 " something like that. The Home page of the phone...
  6. Dolby encoding

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dolby encoding: I am running Pinnacle Studio 11 on windows 10. The program loads ok. When dragging a clip onto the time line I am asked to activate Dolby encoding/decoding. Question. How do I do activate this please?...
  7. RealTek Audio Console problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RealTek Audio Console problems: So Windows Update broke something again (Surprise...) Last night everything was working fine. I have both a set of speakers and a headset connected to my computer, both with the generic bass boost enabled (Sound --> Properties --> Enhancements --> Bass Boost). When I...
  8. video encoder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video encoder: how do I find CPU ranking page for my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-encoder/62fc7b8c-3e71-4481-9d5b-70fd2bc89001
  9. Encoding a movie

Encoding a movie: Hello Bree, This I owe you: Two weeks ago downloaded "The sound of music" movie, found an Hebrew subtitle, it was in exact sync with the movie. Added the subtitle using "Handbrake". Once I tried to add subtitles with "DVDstyler" but did not like the fonts shape, in...
  10. Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Encoding problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Encoding problems: I have this problem with Windows 10 Home edition. When I open some basic text file, .srt or .txt for example, it has different encoding than it has when it was saved. It looks like I have wrong default encoding set in Windows because I need to change manually encoding of...