Windows 10: Encoding problem on both console and window application

Discus and support Encoding problem on both console and window application in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had english version of Windows 7 which was upgraded to Windows 10. After installation I decided to install Polish language pack and I can use Polish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by soxterix, May 10, 2016.

1. soxterix Win User

Encoding problem on both console and window application

I had english version of Windows 7 which was upgraded to Windows 10. After installation I decided to install Polish language pack and I can use Polish characters in terminal or text editors. On the other hand I have two applications: console application I connect to via VPN and window application installed on local machine. In both cases when I try to write text I can't use Polish characters (I see different letters or characters that doesn't belong to Polish alphabet) but I can see Polish characters in menu of the window application. Console application doesn't show Polish characters on menu from the beginning. These are two different applications with no connection whatsoever. I have no problem using them on Polish version of Windows 7.
    Can you suggest any solution to this problem?

:)

soxterix, May 10, 2016
  2. ChenryLee Win User

Powershell Console Font Settings

There's a question troubling me.

Before Windows 10 RedStone, I made a configuration:

In the shortcut of Powershell, I set the encoding to 437, and font to Source Code Pro ( I like this font), and in the profile file ($PROFILE), I set the encoding to 936.

[System.Console]::OutputEncoding=[System.Text.Encoding]::GetEncoding(936)

After starting Powershell console, the font was Source Code Pro.

After upgrading to Windows 10 RedStone, I didn't make change to these settings, but the font change to other, not the font I set.

I want to use Source Code Pro and Encoding 936, How should I do?

Thank you.

ChenryLee, May 10, 2016
  3. C5 Facebook not working on both application and browser

Same problem here, facebook just keeps loading but in the end, nothing happens!

Can someone tell me how to solve this?

elsje---01, May 10, 2016
Thema:

Encoding problem on both console and window application

1. Encoding problem on both console and window application - Similar Threads - Encoding problem both

2. video encoder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video encoder: how do I find CPU ranking page for my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-encoder/62fc7b8c-3e71-4481-9d5b-70fd2bc89001
  3. Problem in running applications.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem in running applications.: I purchased Windows 10 a long time ago, it is very good but now it suddenly stopped working properly. Some of apps like MS word, Task Manager and many other apps does not run unless these are run as "run as administrator". Please help me to fix this problem....
  4. Xbox DVR Encoder on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox DVR Encoder on Windows 10: Hello there what is the encoder that being used on Xbox game DVR on windows 10, if on OBS we can select different encoder but that's not seems the case with Xbox game DVR is it the x264 or some hardware acceleration? thank you Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings...
  5. Xbox DVR Encoder on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox DVR Encoder on Windows 10: Hello there what is the encoder that being used on Xbox game DVR on windows 10, if on OBS we can select different encoder but that's not seems the case with Xbox game DVR is it the x264 or some hardware acceleration? thank you...
  6. Console UWP Applications and File-system Access

in Windows 10 News
    Console UWP Applications and File-system Access: As announced in the May 2018 issue of MSDN Magazine, the latest Windows update introduces support for Console UWP apps. We’re also introducing support for UWP apps to get broader access to the file-system than was previously possible. In fact, it was during the design and...
  7. Encoding a movie

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encoding a movie: Hello Bree, This I owe you: Two weeks ago downloaded "The sound of music" movie, found an Hebrew subtitle, it was in exact sync with the movie. Added the subtitle using "Handbrake". Once I tried to add subtitles with "DVDstyler" but did not like the fonts shape, in...
  8. Encoding a movie

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encoding a movie: Hello, Have downloaded a musical movie, length 2:54 hours. The picture is a little dark and audio volume low. I am trying to re-encode the movie (with video and audio filters), once in "AVIDEMUX", had to stop it after six hours when only 35 % were done. Now I'm trying to do...
  9. Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Encoding problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit Encoding problems: I have this problem with Windows 10 Home edition. When I open some basic text file, .srt or .txt for example, it has different encoding than it has when it was saved. It looks like I have wrong default encoding set in Windows because I need to change manually encoding of...
  10. Multiplayer with Consoles

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiplayer with Consoles: The pages all read streaming, which pretty much is using your console on a different screen. As we have seen, halo guardians has NO splitscreen, but coop and vs online. Could i "stream" to my pc and play with someone else who is on my xbox one. Like use my pc's force to...