Windows 10: Encoding Videos slowed down significantly after Creators Fall update

Discus and support Encoding Videos slowed down significantly after Creators Fall update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I often do video re-encoding for 4K Videos to reduce their ridiculous sizes that can reach up to 30 GBs for 90 minutes . Usually it took 24 hours to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Encoding Videos slowed down significantly after Creators Fall update

I often do video re-encoding for 4K Videos to reduce their ridiculous sizes that can reach up to 30 GBs for 90 minutes .

Usually it took 24 hours to convert a 1 hour 4K movie to H265 2K (I7 CPU + NVIDIA Acceleration) , I know is too much but still , I have seen worse results on lower specs (I3 CPU + No Acceleration may take well over 5 days) .

Now after creators fall update same videos and encoders , I might get at best 20% of encoding per day (Checking on I3 and I couldn't do an estimate as it never finishes)

I did try to update my drivers to latest and even downgrade to earliest but no use ..

Any suggestions ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 Creators Update roll-back

Thank you for replying, i know of benefits that updates give me, but after updating to Fall Creators Update my system starts to work significantly slow, and for that reason i had to roll-back to previous version.

But now I'm intrested if windows will try to update it again.

MichaelKret, Nov 4, 2017
  3. wk9999 Win User
    Suspend Fall Creators Update 1709 on 32GB laptop?

I bought an Asus Vivobook E12 E203NA as a lightweight travel laptop 6 months ago. Recently I noticed that my laptop was very slow and running out of space even though I hardly save anything on the hard drive. I discovered that the reason was that Windows
    was trying to download and install the Fall Creators Update 1709 on my 32 GB hard drive.

I attached a 1 TB external hard drive, but after trying for days, the update still did not work. My computer is now on a perpetual loop of downloading the update and trying to install it, which slows the computer down significantly.

Is it possible to suspend the update so that I can continue to use the laptop for another 12 months?

wk9999, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Encoding Videos slowed down significantly after Creators Fall update

What software are you using to do the re-encoding? I use FFmpeg and the Fall Creators Update has made no difference.

Admittedly my machine is a lower spec than yours and my videos are not 4K, though.

Bree, Nov 4, 2017
  5. I use either Any Video Converter or Avidemux all other packages I tested were struggling to deal with 4K videos or H265 or Hardware Acceleration wasn't supported by , I still don't think its an encoder software issue , even VSDC encoding slowed down for me too .

nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Encoding Videos slowed down significantly after Creators Fall update

1. Encoding Videos slowed down significantly after Creators Fall update - Similar Threads - Encoding Videos slowed

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. Slow computer following Fall Creator Update (Repost)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow computer following Fall Creator Update (Repost): Copy-pasting from my last question cause I never got a good response. So what happened was, the Fall Creator's Update decided it needed to happen to my computer, which was previously stupid fast, and immediately reduced it's high performance to roughly 1/4th of it's...
  4. INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...

in Browsers and Email
    INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...: Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I thought it was more browser than OS related. Anyway, after last week's v1709 update, CCleaner has been deleting a file it never used to. C:\Users\UserId\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\deprecated.cookie It shows up...
  5. Fall Creators Update Bug - Slows Windows and Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update Bug - Slows Windows and Apps: Update went flawlessly. But now many programs open more slowly (5 to 10 seconds vs. 1 second). When they open, you can't click on the menu for 5-10 seconds. Happens in many apps like UltraEdit, Nitro Pro, Paint Shop Pro, etc. Some other apps work fine (e.g, Firefox, IE, etc.)...
  6. After the Fall Creators Update, shutting down is significantly slower

in Windows 10 Support
    After the Fall Creators Update, shutting down is significantly slower: Before the Fall Creators Update, shutting down took about 2-3 seconds (literally). After the update, it now takes 22-30 seconds. Why is this happening? Is Windows trying to do incremental additional updates during shutdown? Is this something that will automatically go back...
  7. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....