Windows 10: Encoutered 6 BSODs in 2 days

Discus and support Encoutered 6 BSODs in 2 days in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, it's quite bad that I encountered 6 BSODs in 2 days. I collected all 6 dump files related to these 6 BSODs and the Onedrive link is as follows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Windows Category - All, Oct 24, 2022.

1. Encoutered 6 BSODs in 2 days

Hi, it's quite bad that I encountered 6 BSODs in 2 days. I collected all 6 dump files related to these 6 BSODs and the Onedrive link is as follows. Hopefully someone can tell me what these 6 dump files have in common and what causes the BSODs? I'm wondering whether it is about software or hardware, and what I need to do next. Thanks a lot.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqbxFj6WvBI4grc9oBdHP6bAJebmxA?e=tY543l

:)

Windows Category - All, Oct 24, 2022

2. BSODs of various types since the last 6 days

hi,

i experience BSODs of various types for a few days now and cant really pin point them to a cause.

what happened so far:

1. the system got installed in july 2012 since then its running mostly flawlessly
    2. i had 2x NTFS corruption issues that i solved by restoring to a prev. backup.
      • The drives are fine, so at least tells me the monitoring tool i have a running
      • the latter one was in dec 2017
    3. the current BSODs started 8 days ago and happen during very different activities
    4. my 1st action was to uninstalled NVIDA drivers (GF 960) and am running with the stockdrivers that come with win update. the ratinal was that it happened more often with games (that my children play) then anywhere else, but no luck - still getting BSODs
    5. trying to research the causes led me to nothing, so i resorted to restoring my 1st backup onto a fresh SSD, that i made right after having completed installing the system with all the utils and drivers
    6. having seen that there are some memory management BSODs i tested (memshed) the RAM with standard settings (2 passes) but that didnt yield anything either
    7. however, trying to just run the windows update on the 6 year old state brought me 3 BSODs, so its fairly safe to conclude that is likely not the drivers, nevertheless i enabled the verifier tool according to Redirecting
      and maybe this will yield some intel
    8. if u could have a look @ the dump files that would be great and even more so, that results in some tips on how to remedy the problem.
    9. ATM i'm installing a more recent backup from april onto the new SSD and want to see if things are there bad the same way
    10. 2 suspicions i have and maybe u could add ur 2cts:
      1. my system has come of age and there is some faulty hard ware causing the trouble
      2. there are a few meltdown/spectre related patches (and also others) that didnt go thru. could it be that i need to apply some bios patch or smth?
    so long

thomas.menzel, Oct 24, 2022
  3. Athamas Win User
    BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have been getting random BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Source: nwifi.sys) in the last 3 days. They seem to only appear when playing videos on YouYube, but it might be a coincidence.

What has changed in the last 3 days?

Nothing on the laptop itself. I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse (both USB), and a USB hub (USB-C).
    I also installed new drivers for the Intel Graphics and "Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager" as suggested by Dell Driver Updater, but this was an attempt to fix the BSOD, which already happened before updating these drivers.

What are the laptop info and specs?

• Text version: MEGA
    • Speccy version (can be imported into Speccy): MEGA
    • MsInfo32 Output: MEGA

Most recent dump files?

This is the content of C:\Windows\Minidump: (all 3 are the most recent BSOD dumps and match with the date and time of the BSODs)

MEGA
    MEGA
    MEGA

What have you tried?

I have checked with the Dell System Detect utility to see if all the drivers were up to date; 2 weren't and I updated them (as written above) but that didn't solve the issue.

I have cleaned the system Registry with the CCleaner utility, but that didn't solve the issue.

What can I do?

EDIT:

Upon suggestion, I updated the killer drivers.
    All seemes fine of a while, then, after the laptop went to suspended state, I noticed the external mouse stopped working, while the touchpad worked.
    After plugging and unplugging, I rebooted.
    Laptop stuck to reboot for 6 min (usually takes 6 seconds) then BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Log:

MEGA

Athamas, Oct 24, 2022
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Encoutered 6 BSODs in 2 days

Mouse stopped working 2 days ago

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons for this matter to occur. One possible cause is your
    drivers
    might be
    outdated
    or the issue is within the
    device/hardware
    itself. However, we need to make sure that it is the case. To isolate the issue, we have
    some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried downloading and installing the latest driver update available in your computer/laptop manufacturer's
      website?

• Have you tried using the device to another computer?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    Device Vendor manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 24, 2022
Thema:

Encoutered 6 BSODs in 2 days

1. Encoutered 6 BSODs in 2 days - Similar Threads - Encoutered BSODs days

2. Encoutered 6 BSODs in 2 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encoutered 6 BSODs in 2 days: Hi, it's quite bad that I encountered 6 BSODs in 2 days. I collected all 6 dump files related to these 6 BSODs and the Onedrive link is as follows. Hopefully someone can tell me what these 6 dump files have in common and what causes the BSODs? I'm wondering whether it is...
  3. Experienced 2 BSOD in the past 2 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Experienced 2 BSOD in the past 2 days: Specs for computer:MotherBoard: Asus Tuf x570 plus wifi CPU: Ryzen 5900xGPU: EVGA 3070 FTW3 UltraRAM: GSKill RipJaws 32gb DDR4 3200mhzPSU: Generic Non-modular 700W Nothing overclocked at the time of BSOD. CPU temps normal, actively monitoring using HWinfo64. I do have a...
  4. Experienced 2 BSOD in the past 2 days

Experienced 2 BSOD in the past 2 days: Specs for computer:MotherBoard: Asus Tuf x570 plus wifi CPU: Ryzen 5900xGPU: EVGA 3070 FTW3 UltraRAM: GSKill RipJaws 32gb DDR4 3200mhzPSU: Generic Non-modular 700W Nothing overclocked at the time of BSOD. CPU temps normal, actively monitoring using HWinfo64. I do have a...
  5. Experienced 2 BSOD in the past 2 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. 2 BSOD in the last 2 Days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 BSOD in the last 2 Days: In the last 2 days i have had 2 Blue Screens while playing GTA online nothing else seems to cause an issue.I had upgraded to a new RTX 3060 from a GTX 1660 about a week ago which is the only thing that has changed in my system.The first BSOD seemed to be caused by a...
  7. 2 BSOD in the last 2 Days

2 BSOD in the last 2 Days: In the last 2 days i have had 2 Blue Screens while playing GTA online nothing else seems to cause an issue.I had upgraded to a new RTX 3060 from a GTX 1660 about a week ago which is the only thing that has changed in my system.The first BSOD seemed to be caused by a...
  8. 2 BSOD in the last 2 Days

9. BSoD every 1-2 days

BSoD every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days while using my computer, it restarts and boots back immediately but it's getting annoying, minidump files and msinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AumN4IeuuOd9gy10p9mAVwwN1u7n?e=YEoMCf I didn't make any changes before and after the BSoDs started, i'm not...
  10. 2 day old laptop - BSOD

2 day old laptop - BSOD: Hi, I'm now at my wits end and hoping someone can help. I am not tech savvy so apologies for the dumb wording and descriptions. Background: I work for a small Not for profit and we purchased a new HP laptop in the new year. About 4 months in, I was continuously getting a...