Windows 10: encrypt a file with a password

Discus and support encrypt a file with a password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What's the best way to encrypt a file?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RMerchant1, Apr 18, 2021.

1. encrypt a file with a password

What's the best way to encrypt a file?

:)

RMerchant1, Apr 18, 2021

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Software encryption

You expect people smart enough to reset your password to have physical access to your computer and care enough at the same time to bother?

DanTheBanjoman, Apr 18, 2021
  4. modder Win User

encrypt a file with a password

Software encryption

read this:
    The Encrypting File System (EFS) is a file system driver with filesystem-level encryption available in Microsoft Windows (2000 and later) operating systems, except Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Vista Basic, and Windows Vista Home Premium. The technology transparently allows files to be encrypted on NTFS file systems to protect confidential data from attackers with physical access to the computer.

User authentication and access control lists can protect files from unauthorized access while the operating system is running, but are easily circumvented if an attacker gains physical access to the computer. One solution is to store the files encrypted on the disks of the computer. EFS does this using public key cryptography, and aims to ensure that decrypting the files is in theory impossible without the correct key. However, EFS is in practice susceptible to brute-force attacks against the user account passwords. In other words, encryption of files is only as strong as the password to unlock the decryption key.

read more ...wikipedia Encrypting File System - Wikipedia

modder, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

encrypt a file with a password

1. encrypt a file with a password - Similar Threads - encrypt file password

2. Is there anyway to password protect MS files without encryption?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway to password protect MS files without encryption?: A little background: 3 years ago I used 7Zip Free to encrypt 15 years of data. I cannot access the data now because data is corrupt so extremely hesitate to encrypt anything....
  3. Is there anyway to password protect MS files without encryption?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there anyway to password protect MS files without encryption?: A little background: 3 years ago I used 7Zip Free to encrypt 15 years of data. I cannot access the data now because data is corrupt so extremely hesitate to encrypt anything....
  4. Is there anyway to password protect MS files without encryption?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Encrypting a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypting a file: I tried this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-encrypt-a-file-1131805c-47b8-2e3e-a705-807e13c10da7But after I encrypted a file and then sent it to another computer, it can be opened directly as if it was not encrypted.Why?Is it encrypted on my disk only?How...
  6. Encrypted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted files: My windows drive got damaged and i had to reload windows. Now i cant open my encrypted files and cant install the certificate. It says the file is invalid for use as the following. Personal Information Exchange. Is there something i can do about it....
  7. encrypt password files

encrypt password files: Hello. I have downloaded a Zip File from the internet and i want to extract it, but then come a window: ,,This file is password protectet, enter password''. I dont know the passwort! Please help me! Thanks, Andre...
  8. File Encryption

File Encryption: I was encrypting files on my laptop which has windows 10 however, I had accidentally stopped the encryption and after I checked I lost almost all of my files. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-encryption/bf1d6484-d95a-4c54-8fe3-80d605a2e0b4
  9. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...: I do not use a smart card. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypting-file-system-you-are-encrypting-a-file/a56f8b42-45e4-4d23-a119-5b4ee55f305e"
  10. Encryption Password change

in Windows 10 Support
    Encryption Password change: I read that if a folder is encrypted and I change my login password, then I can't login to that folder anymore. I was testing that on my folder, I did encrypt it, now it's green, I went and changed my password and login again, but I still can access my encrypted folder....