Windows 10: Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out

Discus and support Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had used bitlocked encrytion on my old device for some files . When I copied those files on External hard disk I cannot open them. I was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RamanAgnihotri18, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out

I had used bitlocked encrytion on my old device for some files .

When I copied those files on External hard disk I cannot open them.

I was able to find the BitLocker key but I don't know how to proceed

:)

RamanAgnihotri18, Jul 5, 2020

2. file encryption option greyed out

i cant select the encrypt option in properties its greyed out please help

DrewTownsend, Jul 5, 2020
  3. yahanna Win User
    Encrypt Option for Files is Greyed Out.. Need Help

I'm interested in encrypting my files. But when I try to, the encryption part is greyed out as shown in the screen shot. How to I fix this? And is this the best way to ensure encryption of files?

Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out [​IMG]

yahanna, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out

Encrypt Option for Files is Greyed Out.. Need Help

What Version and Build do you have of Win10? Is it Home or Pro or something else?

Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out [​IMG]

Berton, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out

1. Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out - Similar Threads - Encrypt files options

2. "check apps and files" options greyed out - Managed by Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "check apps and files" options greyed out - Managed by Administrator: The "Check apps and files" is greyed out & showing message that it is managed by administrator, though I am logged in as the administrator user. I want it disabled. Thanks....
  3. "check apps and files" options greyed out - Managed by Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "check apps and files" options greyed out - Managed by Administrator: The "Check apps and files" is greyed out & showing message that it is managed by administrator, though I am logged in as the administrator user. I want it disabled. Thanks....
  4. Option to Encrypt file's is greyed out-Windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to Encrypt file's is greyed out-Windows 11 home: Hello all,I am trying to encrypt some files, but the option to do so is grayed out in the properties menu see pic. I looked for an answer here already, but saw only a thread regarding windows 10 home does not have-only offered on windows 10pro/11/11pro.Please help me, this is...
  5. Option to Encrypt file's is greyed out-Windows 11 home

Option to Encrypt file's is greyed out-Windows 11 home: Hello all,I am trying to encrypt some files, but the option to do so is grayed out in the properties menu see pic. I looked for an answer here already, but saw only a thread regarding windows 10 home does not have-only offered on windows 10pro/11/11pro.Please help me, this is...
  6. encrypt button greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    encrypt button greyed out: my encrypt button is greyed out, I have tried the options given in other people's answers but it doesnt work. please check what is wrong i cant encrypt any of my files...
  7. encrypt button greyed out

encrypt button greyed out: my encrypt button is greyed out, I have tried the options given in other people's answers but it doesnt work. please check what is wrong i cant encrypt any of my files...
  8. Encrypt Option for Files is Greyed Out.. Need Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypt Option for Files is Greyed Out.. Need Help: I'm interested in encrypting my files. But when I try to, the encryption part is greyed out as shown in the screen shot. How to I fix this? And is this the best way to ensure encryption of files? [img] 149797
  9. file encryption option greyed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file encryption option greyed out: i cant select the encrypt option in properties its greyed out please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-encryption-option-greyed-out/d7edb66e-8cc8-4817-aa53-13a3c56357bd"
  10. "Check for Updates" option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Check for Updates" option is greyed out: Hi ,I am using Windows 10 Pro and the ""Check for Updates" option is greyed out . In the past I had changed some registry and group policy settings to stop windows update but now I want to update windows and forgot which settings I've changed. Is there anyway to roll back...