Windows 10: Encrypt Option for Files is Greyed Out.. Need Help

Discus and support Encrypt Option for Files is Greyed Out.. Need Help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm interested in encrypting my files. But when I try to, the encryption part is greyed out as shown in the screen shot. How to I fix this? And is this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yahanna, Feb 3, 2020.

1. yahanna Win User

Encrypt Option for Files is Greyed Out.. Need Help

I'm interested in encrypting my files. But when I try to, the encryption part is greyed out as shown in the screen shot. How to I fix this? And is this the best way to ensure encryption of files?

Encrypt Option for Files is Greyed Out.. Need Help [​IMG]

:)

yahanna, Feb 3, 2020

2. file encryption option greyed out

i cant select the encrypt option in properties its greyed out please help

DrewTownsend, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Encrypt Option for Files is Greyed Out.. Need Help

Help! File permission errors in encrypted folder

Hi Bill,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Are you the Administrator of the computer?
    • Are you connected to a domain network?

I suggest you to decrypt the folder by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right-click the folder or file you want to decrypt, and then click Properties.

• Click the General tab, and then click Advanced.

• Clear the Encrypt contents to secure data check box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Encrypt Option for Files is Greyed Out.. Need Help

1. Encrypt Option for Files is Greyed Out.. Need Help - Similar Threads - Encrypt Option Files

2. Option to Encrypt file's is greyed out-Windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to Encrypt file's is greyed out-Windows 11 home: Hello all,I am trying to encrypt some files, but the option to do so is grayed out in the properties menu see pic. I looked for an answer here already, but saw only a thread regarding windows 10 home does not have-only offered on windows 10pro/11/11pro.Please help me, this is...
  3. Option to Encrypt file's is greyed out-Windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option to Encrypt file's is greyed out-Windows 11 home: Hello all,I am trying to encrypt some files, but the option to do so is grayed out in the properties menu see pic. I looked for an answer here already, but saw only a thread regarding windows 10 home does not have-only offered on windows 10pro/11/11pro.Please help me, this is...
  4. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  5. speech option greyed out.

speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  6. encrypt button greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    encrypt button greyed out: my encrypt button is greyed out, I have tried the options given in other people's answers but it doesnt work. please check what is wrong i cant encrypt any of my files...
  7. encrypt button greyed out

encrypt button greyed out: my encrypt button is greyed out, I have tried the options given in other people's answers but it doesnt work. please check what is wrong i cant encrypt any of my files...
  8. Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out: I had used bitlocked encrytion on my old device for some files . When I copied those files on External hard disk I cannot open them. I was able to find the BitLocker key but I don't know how to proceed...
  9. Windows 10 Home - need to encrypt folders - it is greyed out.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home - need to encrypt folders - it is greyed out.: Can anyone help please. I seem to be reading contradictory information on whether it is even possible to encrypt folders in Windows 10 Home edition. One site I found suggested two possible methods, both of which I followed to no effect. First, using regedit in the...
  10. file encryption option greyed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file encryption option greyed out: i cant select the encrypt option in properties its greyed out please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-encryption-option-greyed-out/d7edb66e-8cc8-4817-aa53-13a3c56357bd"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot