Windows 10: Encrypt USB drive to use in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Encrypt USB drive to use in Windows 10 Home in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have two pcs' that I use frequently, 1st is my main desktop with Windows 10 Home and local account and the 2nd is my laptop which I use less frequent... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by scopio, Oct 7, 2019.

1. scopio Win User

Encrypt USB drive to use in Windows 10 Home

I have two pcs' that I use frequently, 1st is my main desktop with Windows 10 Home and local account and the 2nd is my laptop which I use less frequent with Windows 10 Pro with local account too, non of my pcs' have a Microsoft Account to sign in.
    My question is if I encrypt my USB pen drives, which have my passwords manager installed, can I still unencrypt the pen drives when they are plugged in to a pc with Windows 10 with local account?
    Will appreciate any help on encrypting the pen drives for use as described above.

:)

scopio, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Encrypt USB drive to use in Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Encrypt USB drive to use in Windows 10 Home

1. Encrypt USB drive to use in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Encrypt USB drive

2. How to remove Bitlocker Encryption on drives in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove Bitlocker Encryption on drives in Windows 10 Home: HiTwo of my drives D and E are locked under bitlocker encryption. Everytime I login, I have to enter the encryption keys again which I get from my Recovery Keys panel on my Microsoft Account. How do I remove this encryption ?I dont have any bitlocker encryption setting in my...
  3. How to remove Bitlocker Encryption on drives in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Bitlocker Encryption on drives in Windows 10 Home: HiTwo of my drives D and E are locked under bitlocker encryption. Everytime I login, I have to enter the encryption keys again which I get from my Recovery Keys panel on my Microsoft Account. How do I remove this encryption ?I dont have any bitlocker encryption setting in my...
  4. Can i install windows on using a usb drive over a bitlocker encrypted drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i install windows on using a usb drive over a bitlocker encrypted drive?: Hi my brothet gave me a laptop but its bitlocker encrypted and I was wondering if using a usb with windows on it if i can install windows on it over the bitlocker encrypted drive. If so how?...
  5. Can i install windows on using a usb drive over a bitlocker encrypted drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i install windows on using a usb drive over a bitlocker encrypted drive?: Hi my brothet gave me a laptop but its bitlocker encrypted and I was wondering if using a usb with windows on it if i can install windows on it over the bitlocker encrypted drive. If so how?...
  6. Using BITLOCKER on Windows 10 HOME to encrypt an USB FLASH

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using BITLOCKER on Windows 10 HOME to encrypt an USB FLASH: Just purchased BITLOCKER for Windows 10 HOME. What I bought it for was not to protect my LT but EXTERNAL HD that might be stolen, etc. BUT all it seems to want to do is protect my ROOT/internal drive. BITLOCKER appears to have NO SUPPORT for questions. My questions: If I...
  7. Encrypt a flash drive - Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypt a flash drive - Windows 10 Home: Can I put a password on a flash drive in Win10? I have worked out how to turn encryption on, but I cannot find how to password protect a flash drive. thank you...
  8. Drive encryption for windows 10 home

Drive encryption for windows 10 home: Hello, I'm running on windows 10 Home OS, unfortunately i dont have bitlocker available. Is there any other option to encrypt my drives? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-encryption-for-windows-10-home/342ba327-b96a-427b-a827-c2599b5f01f4
  9. Windows 10 Home does not open Bitlocker-encrypted USB drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home does not open Bitlocker-encrypted USB drives: Hello, my Windows 10 Home system does not recognize Bitlocker-encrypted USB drives anymore, while it still worked perfectly when I tried a few days ago. No problems on a Windows 10 Pro system, so there are ovviously no technical issues with the drives. The system...
  10. Reading a BitLocker Encrypted USB in Windows 10 Home

Reading a BitLocker Encrypted USB in Windows 10 Home: I recently under went the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and now find I can't read a BitLocker encrypted USB. Windows file explorer does not recognise the drive and there is no where I can enter the password. Can anybody help. Many thanks 20892