Windows 10: encrypted chip open

Discus and support encrypted chip open in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have windows lumia 640 XL LTE phone. last week it was restarting always. its chip i was encrypt. then i roster my phone . now i have windows 10 first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sanjayams, Oct 20, 2018.

1. sanjayams Win User

encrypted chip open

i have windows lumia 640 XL LTE phone. last week it was restarting always. its chip i was encrypt. then i roster my phone . now i have windows 10 first version. i insert the chip but it is not working. i insert it to my lap top. show it is encrypt.howi open mychip and how i get back my data

:)

sanjayams, Oct 20, 2018

2. How to open recovered encrypted files

Hi Navid,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

You can lose access to encrypted files if you install a new operating system or upgrade your current one, or if your current operating system fails. The following steps can help you regain access to encrypted files.

As you have stated that, the recovered files belonged to the previous OS I would suggest that you transfer the encrypted files to an external drive and perform the steps mentioned below:

• Insert the USB that your certificate and key are saved on.
    • Open Certificate Manager open Run Command and type
      certmgr.msc
      in the dialog box, and then press Enter.‌

Note: If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the left pane, click Personal.

• Click the Action menu, point to All Tasks, and then click
      Import. This opens the Certificate Import wizard
      and then click Next.
    • Click Browse and navigate to the file's location, click
      Open, and then click Next.
    • If you have navigated to the right location but don't see the certificate you are importing, then, in the list next to the
      File name box, click Personal Information Exchange.
    • Type the password, select the Mark this key as exportable check box, and then click
      Next.
    • Click Place all certificates in the following store, confirm that the
      Personal store is indicated, click Next, and then click
      Finish.
    • After you import the certificate, you should have access to the encrypted files.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 20, 2018
  4. encrypted chip open

Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

encrypted chip open

1. encrypted chip open - Similar Threads - encrypted chip open

2. encrypted PKZip Opening Failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    encrypted PKZip Opening Failures: Can you open an encrypted PKZip file created on one computer after transferring it to another? I keep getting an "incorrect Password" error, even though the two computers are sitting next to each other. Also happens when I send the zip file to a co-worker. I can re-open it on...
  3. encrypted PKZip Opening Failures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    encrypted PKZip Opening Failures: Can you open an encrypted PKZip file created on one computer after transferring it to another? I keep getting an "incorrect Password" error, even though the two computers are sitting next to each other. Also happens when I send the zip file to a co-worker. I can re-open it on...
  4. How to open encrypted dvd ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open encrypted dvd ?: How do I open an encrypted dvd ? I have the password but it won't open.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-encrypted-dvd/4bd40e91-b698-4ec4-aae5-b08537775569
  5. How to open encrypted dvd ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open encrypted dvd ?: How do I open an encrypted dvd ? I have the password but it won't open.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-encrypted-dvd/4bd40e91-b698-4ec4-aae5-b08537775569
  6. Upgrade with an AMD chip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade with an AMD chip: My computer meets all the criteria for Win11, except the fact that I run an AMD chip. The architecture of the chip is compatible with the basic requirements. Why not support AMD?...
  7. SanDisc UHS chip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SanDisc UHS chip: Can a transfer to a UHS chip be done on Windows 10 and if so, how? This is my third try. If any of you have already given me an answer - my apologies. In my defense I said on my first try that I was a Luddite in my late 80s. Nearly hopeless and helpless with respect to...
  8. uhs chip

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    uhs chip: I asked a question earlier about how to transfer data from my computer to a uhs chip. I said I was a Luddite and to prove it I accidentally deleted this page so now I'm attempting to reintroduce the topic. Windows 10 says that if I went to "burn' some data (many power point...
  9. external storage chip

external storage chip: how do I activate it, I have it in and when I look at my storage I see it but I dont know how to use it and since my laptop doesn't have much storage on this thing and I got a chip for sims4...
  10. Wireless chip disappeared

Wireless chip disappeared: Hi I installed Windows 10 v1709 Enterprise x64 on a Desktop and, during this process, Windows also identified the wireless chip and the various usable networks. When the installation process was completed, I restarted my computer and my wireless chip was discovered by...