Windows 10: Encrypted documents.

Discus and support Encrypted documents. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Old documents are opening in an unreadable form of encryption. I need to access these documents as soon as possible. I'm not very technology savvy,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DottyJurek-Kunde, May 1, 2019.

1. Encrypted documents.

Old documents are opening in an unreadable form of encryption. I need to access these documents as soon as possible. I'm not very technology savvy, but have no clue as to what happened to cause this change. Can anyone please help me correct this issue?

:)

DottyJurek-Kunde, May 1, 2019

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 1, 2019
  3. Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, May 1, 2019
  4. Encrypted documents.

Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Encrypted documents.

1. Encrypted documents. - Similar Threads - Encrypted documents

2. Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.: I recently added a file to my documents folder that I wanted to encrypt. However, somehow the entire folder now automatically encrypts any new files I create in it. This is NOT what I want, as I want to be able to access those files from a share on my workgroup.However, when...
  3. Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.: I recently added a file to my documents folder that I wanted to encrypt. However, somehow the entire folder now automatically encrypts any new files I create in it. This is NOT what I want, as I want to be able to access those files from a share on my workgroup.However, when...
  4. Documents folder cannot uncheck encryption.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Recover files backed up from a Bitlocker encrypted Folder My Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover files backed up from a Bitlocker encrypted Folder My Documents: Hello,I had a laptop with "my documents" protected with Bitlocker. Before reinstalling windows on it, I backed up the files, the Bitlocker 48 char key and pfx file.I'm now using a new computer with windows 11 Home and I don't have Bitlocker. How can I decrypt the files? Every...
  6. Recover files backed up from a Bitlocker encrypted Folder My Documents

Recover files backed up from a Bitlocker encrypted Folder My Documents: Hello,I had a laptop with "my documents" protected with Bitlocker. Before reinstalling windows on it, I backed up the files, the Bitlocker 48 char key and pfx file.I'm now using a new computer with windows 11 Home and I don't have Bitlocker. How can I decrypt the files? Every...
  7. New documents/folders/files are encrypted by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New documents/folders/files are encrypted by default: I am using Windows 11 Pro PC came with Windows 10 Pro. One time I encrypted a file using the built in encryption that comes with pro versions of Windows. But now, any new document I create is encrypted by default, and I have to uncheck the encryption box. How do I stop new...
  8. New documents/folders/files are encrypted by default

New documents/folders/files are encrypted by default: I am using Windows 11 Pro PC came with Windows 10 Pro. One time I encrypted a file using the built in encryption that comes with pro versions of Windows. But now, any new document I create is encrypted by default, and I have to uncheck the encryption box. How do I stop new...
  9. URGENT!!! accidentally encrypted documents folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    URGENT!!! accidentally encrypted documents folder: while trying to hide a file, i have encrypted my entire documents folder, and when trying to decrypt i am greeted with this :i have tried claiming ownership, granting all permissions etc.i have no encryption certificate.Any help is very welcome! thanks in advance...
  10. This document may be read only or encrypted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This document may be read only or encrypted: There is a user in our domain that recently had to change their password because it has expired. Since they have changed their password all files that they created or saved on their computer are starting to say "This document may be read only or encrypted". This isn't only...