Windows 10: Encrypted files on my old HDD

Discus and support Encrypted files on my old HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, So i recently found 2 of my old harddrives with some encrypted files on them. I have tried to take ownership of the file but it does not allow me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by blakestockwell, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Encrypted files on my old HDD

Hi,

So i recently found 2 of my old harddrives with some encrypted files on them. I have tried to take ownership of the file but it does not allow me to open them/move them so i can keep them.

I was wondering if there was a way i can create a user but with my old user profile so that i can remove the encryption on them? if that is possible im not sure.

Or is there another way i can undo the encryption?

Thanks

:)

blakestockwell, Nov 8, 2020

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Nov 8, 2020
  3. encrypted files

Hi Iman,

Error message 0x80071771 means that you need to restore the file encryption key in order for you to decrypt the encrypted files. On the other hand, you can still try these steps and see if it will work:

• Right-click the file or folder that you want to decrypt.
    • Click File ownership and click Personal.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Encrypted files on my old HDD

Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Encrypted files on my old HDD

1. Encrypted files on my old HDD - Similar Threads - Encrypted files old

2. Removing old files from old HDD (including Windows files, Program Files and Program Files...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing old files from old HDD (including Windows files, Program Files and Program Files...: I recently migrated my Windows OS from my old HDD to my new SSD. However, there are still leftover files and folders in the old HDD, mainly from third-party applications in Program Files and Program Files (x86), as well as Windows files. I am looking to free up the spaces...
  3. How to transfer my files on my old hdd to a new hdd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer my files on my old hdd to a new hdd?: My hdd is now faulty and I bought a new hdd, how can i transfer the files from my old hdd to the new hdd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-my-files-on-my-old-hdd-to-a-new/6ccd251d-5943-49aa-a6eb-a51caff732c6
  4. Old hdd problem

Old hdd problem: Hi I have this old "WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar 2850" and I plugged in with an Usb adapter and I got this sound that something got plugged in but I can't see it. submitted by /u/Joey_0w0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky09dy/old_hdd_problem/
  5. Old HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old HDD: So I just found an old hdd I've been looking for and plugged it into my comp using a usb bridge. It didn't show in explorer so I checked disk management and there it is. It says it's healthy and while it's probably almost 25 years old, the drive is still running just fine...
  6. About my old data in hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About my old data in hdd: Hello I recently upgraded my device to ssd from hdd and I have installed fresh windows in new ssd and I cant access my old user data in hdd when ever I try to open it just keep loading so what should I do now...
  7. I want to encrypt my HDD but also i want my files to be encrypted when i transfer them to...

I want to encrypt my HDD but also i want my files to be encrypted when i transfer them to...: Hello everyone, so i would like to encrypt my HDD by using bitlocker . But when i remove the files from my encrypted HDD they become decrypted as soon as i write them on my USB. How should i proceed ? submitted by /u/puttingitout69 [link] [comments]...
  8. All my files ENCRYPTED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All my files ENCRYPTED: hi I found all my fiIes ENCRYPTED . ..then ifound text in all folder saying that """---------------------------------------------- ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED ----------------------------------------------- Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files...
  9. my files are encrypted!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my files are encrypted!!!!: i go to open any of my files on my computer and everything is encryptid??? smh?? please help! thanks this computer is new I have a bunch of files saved in it and like my one drive and three of my iPhone backed up.... my girlfriend had a SanDisk usb thumb drive and I put it...
  10. Encrypt My All Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Encrypt My All Files: Hi All i encrypt some files (Properties ->General ->advanced ) but from that time any file i created it , it become encrypt defalutly , how fix it? 22046