Windows 10: Encrypted files on USB

Discus and support Encrypted files on USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I made a mistake when I was transferring files from my old copy of windows to my USB to backup for my new copy I didn't notice they were encrypted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Trevor Neal, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Encrypted files on USB

So I made a mistake when I was transferring files from my old copy of windows to my USB to backup for my new copy I didn't notice they were encrypted files and now that the old copy of windows is deleted I can't decrypt them and when I try to drag them from the USB to my desktop ON MY NEW COPY OF WINDOWS it says you don't have permission to open this file if someone could help me that would just make my day I got a lot of important files on this USB and now I can't open or transfer any of them.

:)

Trevor Neal, Jun 21, 2022

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Jun 21, 2022
  3. encrypted files

Hi Iman,

Error message 0x80071771 means that you need to restore the file encryption key in order for you to decrypt the encrypted files. On the other hand, you can still try these steps and see if it will work:

• Right-click the file or folder that you want to decrypt.
    • Click File ownership and click Personal.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jun 21, 2022
  4. Encrypted files on USB

Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

Encrypted files on USB

1. Encrypted files on USB - Similar Threads - Encrypted files USB

2. Encrypting a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypting a file: I tried this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-encrypt-a-file-1131805c-47b8-2e3e-a705-807e13c10da7But after I encrypted a file and then sent it to another computer, it can be opened directly as if it was not encrypted.Why?Is it encrypted on my disk only?How...
  3. Encrypting a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypting a file: I tried this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-encrypt-a-file-1131805c-47b8-2e3e-a705-807e13c10da7But after I encrypted a file and then sent it to another computer, it can be opened directly as if it was not encrypted.Why?Is it encrypted on my disk only?How...
  4. Encrypted files on USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted files on USB: So I made a mistake when I was transferring files from my old copy of windows to my USB to backup for my new copy I didn't notice they were encrypted files and now that the old copy of windows is deleted I can't decrypt them and when I try to drag them from the USB to my...
  5. Encrypted files on USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encrypted files on USB: So I made a mistake when I was transferring files from my old copy of windows to my USB to backup for my new copy I didn't notice they were encrypted files and now that the old copy of windows is deleted I can't decrypt them and when I try to drag them from the USB to my...
  6. Encrypted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted files: My windows drive got damaged and i had to reload windows. Now i cant open my encrypted files and cant install the certificate. It says the file is invalid for use as the following. Personal Information Exchange. Is there something i can do about it....
  7. USB Stick: Encrypting Of ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    USB Stick: Encrypting Of ?: Hello, Have a USB stick I would like to encrypt. The whole stick. It is formatted as FAT 32, and is readable on a mac or a 10 pc. I read on how to use BitLocker for W10, but I would like it to be (also) openable if plugged into a MAC. Any (simply) way of doing this ? Thanks,...
  8. USB Stick: Encrypting Of ?

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Stick: Encrypting Of ?: Hello, Have a USB stick I would like to encrypt. The whole stick. It is formatted as FAT 32, and is readable on a mac or a 10 pc. I read on how to use BitLocker for W10, but I would like it to be (also) openable if plugged into a MAC. Any (simply) way of doing this ? Thanks,...
  9. File Encryption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Encryption: I was encrypting files on my laptop which has windows 10 however, I had accidentally stopped the encryption and after I checked I lost almost all of my files. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-encryption/bf1d6484-d95a-4c54-8fe3-80d605a2e0b4
  10. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...: I do not use a smart card. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypting-file-system-you-are-encrypting-a-file/a56f8b42-45e4-4d23-a119-5b4ee55f305e"