Windows 10: Encrypted Files - Win 10 to Win 11

Discus and support Encrypted Files - Win 10 to Win 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently built a new system with a hardware combo for WIN 11, and moved my old hard disks over to the new system. During the change, I could not boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnSergneri, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Encrypted Files - Win 10 to Win 11

I recently built a new system with a hardware combo for WIN 11, and moved my old hard disks over to the new system. During the change, I could not boot to my old boot drive due to it being NTFS. I used a new SSD and was able to get it formatted and installed windows there, I'm able to work in Windows 11. However, I have one encrypted directory on one of the old NTFS disks which I can not decrypt, so I can't copy the files. I have a new machine name and my user is username/newmachine and the files are owned by username/oldmachine. I can change their ownership the new ID but they will not cop

:)

JohnSergneri, Jun 1, 2022
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

downgrade win 11 to win 10

I just reran the Media Creation Tool that I just downloaded a few minutes ago. It took less than three minutes to create the ISO file on my medium powered computer with NVMe SSD and 500 Mbps internet connection. Maybe try restarting your computer and downloading a fresh Media Creation Tool? Make sure to note where the ISO file is stored at the last step:

Encrypted Files  - Win 10 to Win 11 [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 1, 2022
  3. Win 10 pro EFS Encrypting File System Problem (Dell)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to start the Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for Encrypting File System (EFS) Service.
    • Double click on Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    If the issue still persists then, I suggest you to post the same question in TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue. Follow the below link to post your question in TechNet forum.

Technet forums

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 1, 2022
  4. mvs1122 Win User

Encrypted Files - Win 10 to Win 11

win 10 home ed file encryption

want to encrypt folder in win 10 home ed, but win 10 not allowing me to do so as chk box inactive, any help please?

mvs1122, Jun 1, 2022
Thema:

Encrypted Files - Win 10 to Win 11

1. Encrypted Files - Win 10 to Win 11 - Similar Threads - Encrypted Files

2. My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...: I can not access files on my older computer as they have been encrypted. My computer is asking for a recovery key which I don’t have. How do I recover my files?...
  3. My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...: I can not access files on my older computer as they have been encrypted. My computer is asking for a recovery key which I don’t have. How do I recover my files?...
  4. Can you help me to recover my encrypted files its extension is changed to .PAYFAST.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me to recover my encrypted files its extension is changed to .PAYFAST.: Split from this thread. can you help me to recover my encrypted files its extension is changed to .PAYFAST. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-to-recover-my-encrypted-files-its/3536915c-7a5f-41ec-8297-fc3db8438cc3
  5. Can you help me to recover my encrypted files its extension is changed to .PAYFAST.

Can you help me to recover my encrypted files its extension is changed to .PAYFAST.: Split from this thread. can you help me to recover my encrypted files its extension is changed to .PAYFAST. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-to-recover-my-encrypted-files-its/3536915c-7a5f-41ec-8297-fc3db8438cc3
  6. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  7. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  8. Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key: Hi,Is it normal behaviour on Windows 11 to be prompted to "Backup file encryption certificate and key" after resetting a local user account password?BitLocker is disables for the disk on this device....
  9. Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key

Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key: Hi,Is it normal behaviour on Windows 11 to be prompted to "Backup file encryption certificate and key" after resetting a local user account password?BitLocker is disables for the disk on this device....
  10. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...