Windows 10: Encrypted Harddrives and OneDrive

Discus and support Encrypted Harddrives and OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I currently have a desktop successfully syncing with a laptop via Onedrive. Can I encrypt the desktop's and laptop's hard-drives and still sync... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Abijammer, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Abijammer Win User

Encrypted Harddrives and OneDrive

I currently have a desktop successfully syncing with a laptop via Onedrive.

Can I encrypt the desktop's and laptop's hard-drives and still sync successfully to OneDrive?

Thanks for your help!

:)

Abijammer, Sep 23, 2016

2. Bitlocker eDrive Setup with 2nd Partition

Hello,

I have successfully encrypted my C: drive with Bitlocker. I used the new Hardware Encryption (eDrive) method and it works without a problem.

But I still think that I've encountered a "bug" in this setup. My SSD (Samsung 850 Pro) is split into two partitions. While Windows 10 says that my primary partition is successfully encrypted, it shows my second Partition (DEncrypted Harddrives and OneDrive :) as unencrypted.

I personally think that this is wrong or misleading. As far as I understand the eDrive functionality, it doesn't directly encrypt the partition. It only manage the encryption keys of the harddrive itself.

But the harddrive itself can't differentiate between the partitions or data (Or am I wrong here?). So shouldn't partition D: be also shown as encrypted as partition C:, as the whole harddrive has been encrypted?

MarcelWie_KLOS, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Bitlocker key

Windows 10 Home computer was switched on "Device encryption is on".

I used in computer external harddrive. After that I pressed in computer "Device encryption is off" and I didn’t connect external harddrive.

I pressed in computer again "Device encryption is on" and computer created a new BitLocer key
    ID: D9A14DC2. I see this in my Microsoft account.

Wher I will found last Bitlocker key ID 2CAD81B4, what expect my external harddrive?

I don’t see my history in Microsoft accont. Wher I will get last key?

MarkoPavlov, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Yes, but the files won't be encrypted on OneDrive.

The OneDrive app just sees the files as you do.

Mystere, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Encrypted Harddrives and OneDrive - Similar Threads - Encrypted Harddrives OneDrive

2. Onedrive download large files to external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive download large files to external harddrive: I have to download >500 gb from the onedrive cloud to an external harddrive. I am only able to download 3.9 gb at a time. Is there any options to download large amounts of data?...
  3. Anyone out there using an encrypted container on OneDrive?

Anyone out there using an encrypted container on OneDrive?: Would like to know whether there is anyone out there who has experience with using an encrypted container (such as with Veracrypt or Bestcrypt) on OneDrive that is located on a different drive. Not file encryption, container encryption. How is one using it? Merely as backup...
  4. OneDrive encryption

OneDrive encryption: I encrypt financial files locally in Windows 10 using the option in File Explorer. These files are backed up to OneDrive. I notice that these uploaded files when downloaded back to my PC are not encrypted. Can someone explain how OneDrive affects my file encryption? What...
  5. Encryption for onedrive

Encryption for onedrive: I need to have my backup files which I store in onedrive encrypted. How can this be easiest done. I do have Bit Locker on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encryption-for-onedrive/bc9c95fb-d39c-4cbe-80f1-81dbe3558109"
  6. upgrading harddrive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading harddrive: In my Lenovo Desktop Pc, I want to put a sshd 2TB 2.5" drive in place of the 2.5" 500GB harddrive. In whitch I broke the pins that go to the data cable. That happen at least two years ago. It had had Windows 10 Pro activated on it. However, I purchased a Windows 10 Pro OEM...
  7. OneDrive failure on secundary harddrive installation using BitLocker

OneDrive failure on secundary harddrive installation using BitLocker: Hello, I've got OneDrive installed in my "D" drive which is an internal harddisk other then my bootup "C" disk. A couple of weeks ago I've encrypted my whole system using BitLocker. My bootdrive is password protected and prompts at startup and after entering the passcode my...
  8. new harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new harddrive: trying to install a new harddrive.....was downloading the reboot and license last night and caught an error.....trying to do it again and the program acts as if its already done but alll I have is a unusable incomplete file...
  9. switching harddrives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    switching harddrives: is it possible to switch hard drives out of a laptop one in it is running windows 7 and the one i want to put in it is running windows 10pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/switching-harddrives/6e1eb1aa-4f9f-4d58-be07-15fff54ed522
  10. Wipe harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wipe harddrive: How do I do a clean install of win 10? Do I format the harddirve and the install win 10 or is that wrong? Would the harddrive make the unit just shutoff and reboot ramdonly? Or will re-install windows cure the problem? Thanks 87681