Windows 10: Encrypted Harddrives and OneDrive

Discus and support Encrypted Harddrives and OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I currently have a desktop successfully syncing with a laptop via Onedrive. Can I encrypt the desktop's and laptop's hard-drives and still sync... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Abijammer, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Abijammer Win User

Encrypted Harddrives and OneDrive

I currently have a desktop successfully syncing with a laptop via Onedrive.

Can I encrypt the desktop's and laptop's hard-drives and still sync successfully to OneDrive?

Thanks for your help!

:)

Abijammer, Sep 23, 2016

2. Bitlocker eDrive Setup with 2nd Partition

Hello,

I have successfully encrypted my C: drive with Bitlocker. I used the new Hardware Encryption (eDrive) method and it works without a problem.

But I still think that I've encountered a "bug" in this setup. My SSD (Samsung 850 Pro) is split into two partitions. While Windows 10 says that my primary partition is successfully encrypted, it shows my second Partition (DEncrypted Harddrives and OneDrive :) as unencrypted.

I personally think that this is wrong or misleading. As far as I understand the eDrive functionality, it doesn't directly encrypt the partition. It only manage the encryption keys of the harddrive itself.

But the harddrive itself can't differentiate between the partitions or data (Or am I wrong here?). So shouldn't partition D: be also shown as encrypted as partition C:, as the whole harddrive has been encrypted?

MarcelWie_KLOS, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Bitlocker key

Windows 10 Home computer was switched on "Device encryption is on".

I used in computer external harddrive. After that I pressed in computer "Device encryption is off" and I didn’t connect external harddrive.

I pressed in computer again "Device encryption is on" and computer created a new BitLocer key
    ID: D9A14DC2. I see this in my Microsoft account.

Wher I will found last Bitlocker key ID 2CAD81B4, what expect my external harddrive?

I don’t see my history in Microsoft accont. Wher I will get last key?

MarkoPavlov, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Yes, but the files won't be encrypted on OneDrive.

The OneDrive app just sees the files as you do.

Mystere, Sep 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Encrypted Harddrives and OneDrive - Similar Threads - Encrypted Harddrives OneDrive

2. Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive: Hi, I have an Iomega ego encrypt external hard disk and it no longer accepts my password, nor can I change it have no personal questions defined . The only way is via Secure Cryptographic Erase, however this will erase all my data. Is there a possibility to get my passwoord...
  3. Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive: Hi, I have an Iomega ego encrypt external hard disk and it no longer accepts my password, nor can I change it have no personal questions defined . The only way is via Secure Cryptographic Erase, however this will erase all my data. Is there a possibility to get my passwoord...
  4. Access to Iomega Ego encrypt external harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Recover files on Onedrive encrypted by ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recover files on Onedrive encrypted by ransomware: Some of my files on Onedrive can't be opened due to being encrypted by ransomware. They've been added .iqll. It may be a kind of Offline Key infection as I've checked them using EmisoftMy Onedrive account is a 365 Education one. Are there any ways to recover/repair those...
  6. EFS encryption for OneDrive folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EFS encryption for OneDrive folders: Hi, in our organization we have EFS encryption policy to encrypt all files and folders in Desktop and Documents. We are going to activate OneDrive For Business backup know folders synchronization but EFS stopped to encrypt local files on the Desktop everything ok for...
  7. OneDrive deleted harddrive files during sync/backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive deleted harddrive files during sync/backup: Hi, I wanted to backup my personal laptop files and decided to use my work 365 OneDrive account as had 1TB space availble. So I connected to this account and said backup bit it gave me no choice to select folders and onedrive locations and started uploading and combining...
  8. Onedrive download large files to external harddrive

Onedrive download large files to external harddrive: I have to download >500 gb from the onedrive cloud to an external harddrive. I am only able to download 3.9 gb at a time. Is there any options to download large amounts of data?...
  9. OneDrive encryption

OneDrive encryption: I encrypt financial files locally in Windows 10 using the option in File Explorer. These files are backed up to OneDrive. I notice that these uploaded files when downloaded back to my PC are not encrypted. Can someone explain how OneDrive affects my file encryption? What...
  10. Encryption for onedrive

Encryption for onedrive: I need to have my backup files which I store in onedrive encrypted. How can this be easiest done. I do have Bit Locker on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encryption-for-onedrive/bc9c95fb-d39c-4cbe-80f1-81dbe3558109"