Windows 10: encrypting file in windows 10 Home edition

Discus and support encrypting file in windows 10 Home edition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to encrypt a file in windows 10 home. The field is grade out. I tried a few suggest like resetting the registry to 1 from 0 and no luck.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarlosCerezo1, Nov 20, 2020.

1. encrypting file in windows 10 Home edition

I am unable to encrypt a file in windows 10 home. The field is grade out. I tried a few suggest like resetting the registry to 1 from 0 and no luck. Any suggestions?

:)

CarlosCerezo1, Nov 20, 2020

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Nov 20, 2020
  4. encrypting file in windows 10 Home edition

Windows XP file encryption

well there is encryption algorithms such as md5, rsa, etc.

Hybrid_theory, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

encrypting file in windows 10 Home edition

1. encrypting file in windows 10 Home edition - Similar Threads - encrypting file Home

2. Is there a way to password protect or encrypt file folders in Windows 10 home edition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to password protect or encrypt file folders in Windows 10 home edition?: I have Windows 10 Home Edition. I am trying to make the contents of a file folder READ ONLY and password protect the "read only" setting for that file folder. I do not want to HIDE the folder. The folder contains all the files & documents up to my previous year end for my...
  3. Is there a way to password protect or encrypt file folders in Windows 10 home edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to password protect or encrypt file folders in Windows 10 home edition?: I have Windows 10 Home Edition. I am trying to make the contents of a file folder READ ONLY and password protect the "read only" setting for that file folder. I do not want to HIDE the folder. The folder contains all the files & documents up to my previous year end for my...
  4. Is there a way to password protect or encrypt file folders in Windows 10 home edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When a manufacturer adds BitLocker encryption on Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When a manufacturer adds BitLocker encryption on Home edition: This involves Windows 11 Home for me, but I suspect it will apply to Windows 10 Home.I got a new laptop with Windows 11 Home installed today made by Lenovo. I have been setting it up and happened to check Disk Management and saw BitLocker on the C: drive.I was surprised. I...
  6. Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition: I have a friend that just bought a new HP laptop but it has Windows 10 Home. He wants to use the device encryption but it doesn't appear in the menu. He has the TPM and UEFI Enabled but it doesn't give me the option for device encryption. When I look at System Information to...
  7. Windows 10 "Home" file encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 "Home" file encryption: I normally use a version of Windows Pro that includes bitlocker and file encryption. However I have a laptop that came installed with Windows 10 "Home" along with a "Home" user license. Under file and folder properties the file encryption is greyed out (disable). After...
  8. Windows 10 "Home" file encryption

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 "Home" file encryption: I normally use a version of Windows Pro that includes bitlocker and file encryption. However I have a laptop that came installed with Windows 10 "Home" along with a "Home" user license. Under file and folder properties the file encryption is greyed out (disable). After...
  9. Windows 10 Home file associations edit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home file associations edit: I recently bought a new laptop which runs Windows 10 Home 64bit version 1803. For all text file *.TXT, *.INI or *.LOG I want to change so that when I double a file in File Explorer my text editor of choice (UeStudio) is opened. I have no problems switching the default from...
  10. Bitlocker Encryption in Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Encryption in Windows 10 Home Edition: Dear Sir, I have bought a new HP Laptop with the default edition of Windows 10 Home and i would like to Encrypt my hard disk with the bit locker but i couldn't see any bit locker encryption option in control panel. How can I solve this Problem ?? Kindly advise on this if...