Windows 10: Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

Discus and support Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I do not use a smart card. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Filip Ciklevski, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

I do not use a smart card.

Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file... bba289ff-11a9-471c-8398-63a299190821?upload=true.png

:)

Filip Ciklevski, Nov 2, 2019

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Nov 2, 2019
  3. modder Win User
    Software encryption

read this:
    The Encrypting File System (EFS) is a file system driver with filesystem-level encryption available in Microsoft Windows (2000 and later) operating systems, except Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Vista Basic, and Windows Vista Home Premium. The technology transparently allows files to be encrypted on NTFS file systems to protect confidential data from attackers with physical access to the computer.

User authentication and access control lists can protect files from unauthorized access while the operating system is running, but are easily circumvented if an attacker gains physical access to the computer. One solution is to store the files encrypted on the disks of the computer. EFS does this using public key cryptography, and aims to ensure that decrypting the files is in theory impossible without the correct key. However, EFS is in practice susceptible to brute-force attacks against the user account passwords. In other words, encryption of files is only as strong as the password to unlock the decryption key.

read more ...wikipedia Encrypting File System - Wikipedia

modder, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

Windows XP file encryption

Hummmm. I know all about encryption now - and that I'm supposed to keep the key etc - I've been stuck with this problem for months trying to find a legal solution. But I didn't realise the implications of backing up encrypted files, reformatting my laptop, then trying to restore the files... It's all my own data (and it's my own fault too) but I just want to get some of those files back.

troyrae360, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

1. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file... - Similar Threads - Encrypting File System

2. Encrypting a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypting a file: I tried this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-encrypt-a-file-1131805c-47b8-2e3e-a705-807e13c10da7But after I encrypted a file and then sent it to another computer, it can be opened directly as if it was not encrypted.Why?Is it encrypted on my disk only?How...
  3. Encrypting a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypting a file: I tried this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-encrypt-a-file-1131805c-47b8-2e3e-a705-807e13c10da7But after I encrypted a file and then sent it to another computer, it can be opened directly as if it was not encrypted.Why?Is it encrypted on my disk only?How...
  4. Encrypted files

Encrypted files: My windows drive got damaged and i had to reload windows. Now i cant open my encrypted files and cant install the certificate. It says the file is invalid for use as the following. Personal Information Exchange. Is there something i can do about it....
  5. Encrypted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted files: My windows drive got damaged and i had to reload windows. Now i cant open my encrypted files and cant install the certificate. It says the file is invalid for use as the following. Personal Information Exchange. Is there something i can do about it....
  6. Encrypting File System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Encrypting File System: Hello , I am Sagar. I am not able to start my encryption file technology. When I tried to start it from services.msc, it showed below error in the description: "Provides the core file encryption technology used to store encrypted files on NTFS file system volumes. If this...
  7. File Encryption

File Encryption: I was encrypting files on my laptop which has windows 10 however, I had accidentally stopped the encryption and after I checked I lost almost all of my files. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-encryption/bf1d6484-d95a-4c54-8fe3-80d605a2e0b4
  8. Files encrypted

in Windows 10 Support
    Files encrypted: Dear Experts, I know that it is irrelevant to raise this type of queries in the platform, but can anyone please help me to solve the problem I faced. Some time back, all image files (.jpg) in different folders have been encrypted with .adobe files (i.e....
  9. Accessing encrypted files

Accessing encrypted files: I have files on my backup hard drive which I cannot access - they have little padlock symbols on them. After trying many different things, I get two messages: 1. There is a problem decrypting the files - access denied or words to that effect 2. "You need administrator...
  10. Encryption File System

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encryption File System: Is there EFS in Windows 10 ? If yes, where it is and how to enable? 56730