Windows 10: Encrypting File System

Discus and support Encrypting File System in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello , I am Sagar. I am not able to start my encryption file technology. When I tried to start it from services.msc, it showed below error in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sagar_Patel_212, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Encrypting File System

Hello ,

I am Sagar. I am not able to start my encryption file technology. When I tried to start it from services.msc, it showed below error in the description:

"Provides the core file encryption technology used to store encrypted files on NTFS file system volumes. If this service is stopped or disabled, applications will be unable to access encrypted files."

What should I do to start that service. Please guide!

:)

Sagar_Patel_212, Feb 1, 2021

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Win 10 pro EFS Encrypting File System Problem (Dell)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to start the Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for Encrypting File System (EFS) Service.
    • Double click on Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    If the issue still persists then, I suggest you to post the same question in TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue. Follow the below link to post your question in TechNet forum.

Technet forums

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Encrypting File System

encrypted files

Hi Iman,

Error message 0x80071771 means that you need to restore the file encryption key in order for you to decrypt the encrypted files. On the other hand, you can still try these steps and see if it will work:

• Right-click the file or folder that you want to decrypt.
    • Click File ownership and click Personal.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Encrypting File System

1. Encrypting File System - Similar Threads - Encrypting File System

2. File Encryption System issue - Disabled Encrypt contents to secure data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Encryption System issue - Disabled Encrypt contents to secure data: I had a system with Windows 10 pro and I had encrypted HDD in that system. Unfortunately I have to use that hard disk in another computer which runs Windows 11 home edition and I couldn't able to get access to the folders because of the file encryption system. Th option is...
  3. File Encryption System issue - Disabled Encrypt contents to secure data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Encryption System issue - Disabled Encrypt contents to secure data: I had a system with Windows 10 pro and I had encrypted HDD in that system. Unfortunately I have to use that hard disk in another computer which runs Windows 11 home edition and I couldn't able to get access to the folders because of the file encryption system. Th option is...
  4. Encrypting File System and Certificates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypting File System and Certificates: Hello I was hoping someone could clearly explain why sharing files encrypted using EFS require Enterprise Certificate Authority? [ATTACH] Cheers Julian Leach...
  5. Encrypting File System EFS BackUp question

Encrypting File System EFS BackUp question: Before you encrypt anything important, A.you should back up your file recovery certificate and your B.personal encryption certificate with their associated private keys, C.as well as the data recovery agent certificate to a USB flash drive UFD. Store the UFD in a secure...
  6. Is the notification legit? "Encrypted File System - Back up your file encryption...

Is the notification legit? "Encrypted File System - Back up your file encryption...: This notification from "Encrypted File System" showed up today, and it looks off: "Back up your file encryption certificate and key" 1 What I don't like is the generic "Encrypted File System" instead of Bitlocker. 2 The PC's drives have been encrypted with Bitlocker for...
  7. Encryption File System EFS decryption issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encryption File System EFS decryption issue: Hello everyone, I have a huge problem and i need help. Windows encrypted my files with EFS and bit locker for the hard drive. I had to restore my computer after i noticed malicious program was running and causing problems. I was unable to restore from a known good point so...
  8. Encrypting File System EFS and Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Encrypting File System EFS and Windows Hello: Does anyone know how EFS certificates are secured when using Windows Hello with an account? I was under the impression that the EFS private key was secured by encrypting it with the password. However on an account with Windows Hello enabled, logging in using Windows Hello...
  9. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...: I do not use a smart card. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypting-file-system-you-are-encrypting-a-file/a56f8b42-45e4-4d23-a119-5b4ee55f305e"
  10. Encryption File System

Encryption File System: Is there EFS in Windows 10 ? If yes, where it is and how to enable? 56730