Windows 10: encrypting files

Discus and support encrypting files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey there, I was trying to encrypt the folder with the instructions provided, but somehow i am not getting the notification to the backup the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnushaLekhireddy, Oct 24, 2021.

1. encrypting files

Hey there, I was trying to encrypt the folder with the instructions provided, but somehow i am not getting the notification to the backup the certificate it just popped once and that's it , the next time i tried encrypting my files it is showing it has encrypted the file but when i open the contents are not encrypted. Is there any way to get the certificate ?

:)

AnushaLekhireddy, Oct 24, 2021

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Oct 24, 2021
  3. encrypted files

Hi Iman,

Error message 0x80071771 means that you need to restore the file encryption key in order for you to decrypt the encrypted files. On the other hand, you can still try these steps and see if it will work:

• Right-click the file or folder that you want to decrypt.
    • Click File ownership and click Personal.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Oct 24, 2021
  4. encrypting files

Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

encrypting files

1. encrypting files - Similar Threads - encrypting files

2. My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...: I can not access files on my older computer as they have been encrypted. My computer is asking for a recovery key which I don’t have. How do I recover my files?...
  3. My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...: I can not access files on my older computer as they have been encrypted. My computer is asking for a recovery key which I don’t have. How do I recover my files?...
  4. Can you help me to recover my encrypted files its extension is changed to .PAYFAST.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me to recover my encrypted files its extension is changed to .PAYFAST.: Split from this thread. can you help me to recover my encrypted files its extension is changed to .PAYFAST. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-to-recover-my-encrypted-files-its/3536915c-7a5f-41ec-8297-fc3db8438cc3
  5. Can you help me to recover my encrypted files its extension is changed to .PAYFAST.

Can you help me to recover my encrypted files its extension is changed to .PAYFAST.: Split from this thread. can you help me to recover my encrypted files its extension is changed to .PAYFAST. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-to-recover-my-encrypted-files-its/3536915c-7a5f-41ec-8297-fc3db8438cc3
  6. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  7. Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro

Syncing encrypted files and folders between two computers with NTFS and Windows 10/11 Pro: Background: I have encrypted most of my data files on computer A using EFS. I sync those files with computer B using Syncthing. I have installed the EFS certificate from computer A onto computer B and vice versa. Both computers use Windows Pro and NTFS. My question: If I edit...
  8. Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key: Hi,Is it normal behaviour on Windows 11 to be prompted to "Backup file encryption certificate and key" after resetting a local user account password?BitLocker is disables for the disk on this device....
  9. Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key

Windows 11 - Prompted to backup file encryption certificate and key: Hi,Is it normal behaviour on Windows 11 to be prompted to "Backup file encryption certificate and key" after resetting a local user account password?BitLocker is disables for the disk on this device....
  10. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...