Windows 10: Encrypting nvmd SSD with bitlocker make disk unusable if stolen ?

Discus and support Encrypting nvmd SSD with bitlocker make disk unusable if stolen ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Encrypting nvmd SSD with bitlocker make disk unusable if stolen ? for example can for reformatted and used ? Same question for HDD. 179453 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by William40, May 16, 2021.

1. William40 Win User

Encrypting nvmd SSD with bitlocker make disk unusable if stolen ?

Encrypting nvmd SSD with bitlocker make disk unusable if stolen ? for example can for reformatted and used ? Same question for HDD.

:)

William40, May 16, 2021

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 16, 2021
  3. JacquesBl Win User
    BitLocker: turn on auto-unlock without encrypting OS Drive (SSD)

I have the following configuration:

C (OS Drive) - SSD (128Gb)

D (Data Drive) - Normal Disk (1Tb)

D is encrypted using BitLocker but C is not encrypted.

I want to turn on auto-unlock on D, but get the following message: "The operating system drive is not protected by BitLocker Drive Encryption." - is there a way around this? I would ideally not want to encrypt my SSD.

I've moved my page file to D, but since the drive must be manually unlocked I get page file errors.

Thanks!

JacquesBl, May 16, 2021
  4. ahmd Win User

SSD to support hardware based full disk encryption via BitLocker?

Hi everyone:

I'm trying to build a new desktop PC and I'm wondering if you can
    suggest which SSD (and motherboard) do I need to purchase to have it
    support hardware based full disk encryption with Windows 10 via
    BitLocker?

I'm currently settling on Intel Core i9-7900X Skylake-X 10-Core 3.3
    GHz CPU that has to go into the Intel X299 Chipset motherboard.

So I was checking, for instance "Samsung 970 PRO 512GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD".

But will it support hardware based full disk encryption? And if no, which one will? I'm looking for faster M.2 drives.

Thema:

1. Encrypting nvmd SSD with bitlocker make disk unusable if stolen ? - Similar Threads - Encrypting nvmd SSD

2. Bitlocker encrypted disk suddenly disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted disk suddenly disappeared: Hello microsoft community,i've navigating through google in the past 4 days searching for a similar situations for my case but got no luck finding any..The problem happened after trying to recover some data using a cmd based recovery program called test disk, i wasn't able to...
  3. Bitlocker encrypted disk suddenly disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker encrypted disk suddenly disappeared: Hello microsoft community,i've navigating through google in the past 4 days searching for a similar situations for my case but got no luck finding any..The problem happened after trying to recover some data using a cmd based recovery program called test disk, i wasn't able to...
  4. Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.: Is it possible to encrypt a USB stick with Bitlocker and use it for windows installation?I tried it, but my system cannot detect the boot volume.When it's possible, what are the requirements for that?Thanks in advanceGeorg...
  5. Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.: Is it possible to encrypt a USB stick with Bitlocker and use it for windows installation?I tried it, but my system cannot detect the boot volume.When it's possible, what are the requirements for that?Thanks in advanceGeorg...
  6. Bitlocker encrypted USB install disk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Encrypting nvmd SSD with bitlocker make disk unusable if stolen ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypting nvmd SSD with bitlocker make disk unusable if stolen ?: Encrypting nvmd SSD with bitlocker make disk unusable if stolen ? for example can for reformatted and used ? Same question for HDD. 179453
  8. BitLocker encryption on Internal SSD drives?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker encryption on Internal SSD drives?: I always enable BitLocker so that the ENTIRE SSD DRIVE is encrypted. My question is, does it really matter if I turn on BitLocker encryption before or after adding my data onto the Internal SSD drive of my laptop? I also use TPM with pre-boot PIN. 177028
  9. Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot decrypt the disk encrypted by BitLocker: While I was decrypting my disk that I had encrypted using BitLocker, the laptop suddenly shutdown and then I lost access to the disk. The system isn’t accepting my correct password and code. Windows 10 requires for credentials, thinks for a while and then closes without...
  10. SSD to support hardware based full disk encryption via BitLocker?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD to support hardware based full disk encryption via BitLocker?: Hi everyone: I'm trying to build a new desktop PC and I'm wondering if you can suggest which SSD (and motherboard) do I need to purchase to have it support hardware based full disk encryption with Windows 10 via BitLocker? I'm currently settling on Intel Core i9-7900X...