Windows 10: Encryption/Decryption

Discus and support Encryption/Decryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I encrypted some files in Windows 7 using EFS. The computer was formatted to install Windows 10 and those files won't open now. I tried to decrypt them... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bruce_Wayne 52, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Encryption/Decryption

I encrypted some files in Windows 7 using EFS. The computer was formatted to install Windows 10 and those files won't open now. I tried to decrypt them by using the PFX file, cipher command, and setting permissions but they couldn't decrypt the files. They were unable to show the owner Windows 7 PC user account but I set it to the current Windows 10 user account. Still wasn't able to decrypt them. Also, a registry for user account like S-1-5 appears.

Can anybody help me in this case?

:)

Bruce_Wayne 52, Feb 7, 2021

2. Decryption of encrypted files

Hi,

One of our employee deleted and encrypted the files in the F: drive using cipher.exe command. While trying to recover them with a third party software, the deleted files are showing and all of them are encrypted. Can anyone suggest how can i decrypt and
    recover all the deleted data back?

RoyalUnited, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Encryption/Decryption of Folders/Files 'Certificate'

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below question.

• Were you able to Encrypt the data?
    • Did you get any error message?
    • What exact issue are you facing with Encryption and Decryption?
    Note: The first time you encrypt a folder or file, an encryption certificate is automatically created. You should back up your encryption certificate.
    If your certificate and key are lost or damaged and you don't have a backup,
    you won't be able to use the files that you have encrypted.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Samuria Win User

Encryption/Decryption

URGENT!! Decrypt files after deleting encryption certificate

have you tried To decrypt a file or folder:

1. From the Start menu, select Programs or All Programs, then Accessories, and then Windows Explorer.
    2. Right-click the file or folder you want to decrypt, and then click Properties.
    3. On the General tab, click Advanced.
    4. Clear the Encrypt contents to secure data checkbox, and then click OK.
    When you decrypt a folder, you must decide whether to decrypt the folder only or to decrypt the folder and all files and subfolders contained within it. If you choose to decrypt the folder only, the files and subfolders within the folder remain encrypted. However, when you add new files and subfolders to the folder, they will not be automatically encrypted.

Samuria, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Encryption/Decryption

1. Encryption/Decryption - Similar Threads - Encryption Decryption

2. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  3. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  4. Device encryption frozen on decryption, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device encryption frozen on decryption, how do I fix it?: Let me start at the beginning.I have a Lenovo ideapad 3. The internal nvme has bad sectors on the hard drive and needs replacing, because it blue screens almost every hour while using it.Sometimes I start the device then it asks for a password for the bitlocker but I never...
  5. Device encryption frozen on decryption, how do I fix it?

Device encryption frozen on decryption, how do I fix it?: Let me start at the beginning.I have a Lenovo ideapad 3. The internal nvme has bad sectors on the hard drive and needs replacing, because it blue screens almost every hour while using it.Sometimes I start the device then it asks for a password for the bitlocker but I never...
  6. How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?: Hello Microsoft professionals,In the past, I encrypted all my drives with BitLocker, and later I decrypted all of them by unlocking making the BitLocker off. However, all my pdf/word files remain encrypted and can't be opened on other PCs operating with Windows 10. I am a...
  7. How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?: Hello Microsoft professionals,In the past, I encrypted all my drives with BitLocker, and later I decrypted all of them by unlocking making the BitLocker off. However, all my pdf/word files remain encrypted and can't be opened on other PCs operating with Windows 10. I am a...
  8. How can I open decrypt BitLocker-encrypted pdf/word files in another PC?

9. How to show device encryption setting after decrypting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show device encryption setting after decrypting?: I have windows 11 Home i used to have device encryption, but I decrypted it for some reason and now I cannot see the device encryption option, I checked the system information it says elevation required to view besides the device encryption however I am already signed with my...
  10. How to show device encryption setting after decrypting?

How to show device encryption setting after decrypting?: I have windows 11 Home i used to have device encryption, but I decrypted it for some reason and now I cannot see the device encryption option, I checked the system information it says elevation required to view besides the device encryption however I am already signed with my...