Windows 10: Encryption File System EFS decryption issue

Discus and support Encryption File System EFS decryption issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a huge problem and i need help. Windows encrypted my files with EFS and bit locker for the hard drive. I had to restore my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Raphael.Rottler, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Encryption File System EFS decryption issue

Hello everyone,

I have a huge problem and i need help. Windows encrypted my files with EFS and bit locker for the hard drive. I had to restore my computer after i noticed malicious program was running and causing problems. I was unable to restore from a known good point so i had to do a clean install. Most of what i needed was able to be restored, but i have a ton of file that are locked and denies access to my files. Now i am unable to access them which is a problem. I am using the same machine as before, and I have ran out of ideas on how to restore all files.

:)

Raphael.Rottler, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

Decrypt files encrypted with efs system

Hello,

For better assistance, we recommend posting your concern to our IT Professionals on this
    link.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jan 20, 2020
  3. viscgian Win User
    Decrypt files encrypted with efs system

Hi,

on my Workstation at office I've encrypted some files with efs system on Windows 8.1.

Then I've transfered these files on a share on our fileserver.

Several time after this, my Workstation crash so i run a clean install of Windows 10. My Workstation was connected on AD when on Windows 8.1 and it's connected on the same AD now. I've got always the identical AD account to connect on my pc and to connect
    to shared folders.

But now when I'm trying to open encrypted files, it's says me that I haven't access to these files.

I can't find my key file to decrypt them. But I suppose there is a method to decrypt them if I crypt them with AD account and I'm trying to open them with the same identically account.

Could you help me?

viscgian, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Encryption File System EFS decryption issue

Win 10 pro EFS Encrypting File System Problem (Dell)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to start the Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for Encrypting File System (EFS) Service.
    • Double click on Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    If the issue still persists then, I suggest you to post the same question in TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue. Follow the below link to post your question in TechNet forum.

Technet forums

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Encryption File System EFS decryption issue

1. Encryption File System EFS decryption issue - Similar Threads - Encryption File System

2. Decrypting EFS encrypted USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decrypting EFS encrypted USB Drive: Dear All,Greetings of the day!I have encrypted a usb drive with EFS, then formatted the PC and reinstalled windows, now when I enter the USB I cannot decrypt its content because I did not backup the certificate, is it possible to recover the certificate using recovery...
  3. Decrypting EFS encrypted USB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decrypting EFS encrypted USB Drive: Dear All,Greetings of the day!I have encrypted a usb drive with EFS, then formatted the PC and reinstalled windows, now when I enter the USB I cannot decrypt its content because I did not backup the certificate, is it possible to recover the certificate using recovery...
  4. Decrypting EFS encrypted USB Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. EFS encrypted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFS encrypted files: I don't have the encryption certificate but seem to have the encryption file key on a USB drive. Is there a way to recover a deleted certificate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/efs-encrypted-files/7e1a837d-3e08-4156-8e6f-f3b71ecc89d4
  6. EFS encrypted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFS encrypted files: I don't have the encryption certificate but seem to have the encryption file key on a USB drive. Is there a way to recover a deleted certificate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/efs-encrypted-files/7e1a837d-3e08-4156-8e6f-f3b71ecc89d4
  7. EFS encrypted files

8. EFS decryption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFS decryption: I have a Lenovo laptop that required a new motherboard. After Lenovo installed the replacement motherboard, they advised that the laptop needed to be re-imaged. in advance of the reimaging, I saved my important folders to an external ssd. However, when I copied them back to...
  9. EFS decryption

EFS decryption: I have a Lenovo laptop that required a new motherboard. After Lenovo installed the replacement motherboard, they advised that the laptop needed to be re-imaged. in advance of the reimaging, I saved my important folders to an external ssd. However, when I copied them back to...
  10. How to decrypt EFS encrypted Files and Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to decrypt EFS encrypted Files and Folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The EFS or Encrypting File System is a component of the legendary NTFS (New Technology File System). It is available on Windows 2000, Windows XP Professional (Not Home Basic), Windows Server 2003 and newer operating system iterations from Microsoft. It [...] This...